Employee Review

Former Employee

A lot to learn

May 4, 2020 - Student in Calgary, AB
    Business Outlook

Pros

Know more about insurance handle customers inquires

Cons

long hours of work urgent tasks

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Unbiased Perspective

Sep 22, 2021 - Claims Adjuster
    Business Outlook

Pros

For someone like myself who has confidence in their ability and has a tendency to do well in pretty much any environment, I would like to have a review like the one I am about to provide. To be honest, all the reviews saying the job is stressful can be ignored. The reality is, any job is stressful. A job's stress level is relative to an individual ability to handle stress. In Farmer's case, the stress comes from sudden spikes in workload due to catastrophes (i.e hurricanes, tornadoes, hail, etc) as well as angry customers. There are going to be angry customers in ANY environment you work. It's your ability on how to handle the stress that determines whether or not you view the job as "low pay for the amount of stress and workload." Fact is, you would not still be at this company if you truly believed it was low pay in comparison to the work (unless you are the type to never make a positive change in your life). The job is a lot to learn at the start (much like any "big boy" job). Any person who is comfortable working without needing a "yes" from a person looking over their should 24/7 will do great. I would say the amount of time they spend training you is extraordinary (given there will always be those who disagree and no amount of time in the world is enough). In my case, we had roughly 3 weeks of general training and learning the job and then another 2 weeks being slowly introduced to the real setting. There was even about another month of training wheels despite all of that already! They do a great job of making sure you learn to swim on your own, but they also don't drop you. YES, there will obviously be some teams out there with poor management (they're in every company), and YES you are going to have a totally different experience than me. Regardless, if you are actually competent enough to perform the job properly, you would have little to complain about (unless you ended up in one of those unfortunate teams managed by an unfortunate individual that EVERY company has). Training is great, as a first "big boy" job... it's great, (MY) management is great, the company's intended (I say intended because intentions don't always align with actual practice) environment is great, benefits are great (people need to learn how to value the price of the package towards the quality since all the average person cares about is cost) and compensation is great (basing this off opportunity to grow yourself in the company [i.e. how likely it is for a talented individual to grow their salary lets say 20k in 4-5 years]). Any one who disagrees and insists the job is too much for the paycheck and/or management either: 1) Has an unfortunate team/manager/supervisor 2) Never really had the proper skills/abilities for the job Any of the people who want to disagree with me, just look at the way I write and offer both sides to the argument, and tell me you are capable enough to see outside any animosity you have towards the company. My writing speaks for itself.

Cons

I believe there are no out-of-the-ordinary cons (i.e. nothing unusual that is unable to be found at the average company).

5 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Family atmosphere

Jan 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, wonderful customers, product you can stand by.

Cons

I can't think of anything.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Farmers Insurance Group.