"Good way of getting your foot in the door of a good client, but FDM are not an employer who you can work for long term"

Current Employee - Digital Project Manager
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good client base, and some great roles to be placed in to. Lots of scope to gain experience in your field. Pay is okay for a grad scheme, but low compared to market rates in IT once you get towards the end of the 2 year commitment.

Cons

No choice over where you get placed, even what role you do - if you're on the PMO stream and want to be a PM, FDM will place you in the next available business role such as a BA role and even roles that have nothing to do with IT - its bums on seats that counts to them unfortunately and their consultants are livestock to them - £££. That said, if you get lucky and get a client, role and location that suits you then its great (fortunately I found myself in that position, but others aren't so lucky). There's no interest in retaining staff at all, you're tied in for 2 years with heavy financial penalties if you leave, and that's when FDM makes most of its money. They'll offer a much better rate in the 3rd year, but salaries don't rise, you just get a subtantial bonus increase (Salary is 20k basic rate for all consultants, 3rd year graduate stream would expect a c.15,000 bonus on top). There are next to no fringe benefits at all. Sick pay and pension are both very poor as only based on basic rate rather than full package.

Continue reading
  1. "Good"

5.0
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at FDM Group

Pros

This one is good company

Cons

I don't see so far any

2. "recruitment work life"

4.0
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at FDM Group full-time

Pros

good pto, supportive staff, healthy environment

Cons

salary could be higher if possible

Discover more reviews about FDM Group.