Engine Digital - Top design agency in Vancouver | Glassdoor.ca
  1. "Top design agency in Vancouver"

Former Employee - Designer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Engine Digital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working at Engine will 10x your career through a high velocity of work and responsibility. The bar for quality is quite high made possible through a strong internal agile process. Engine has an impressive portfolio of clients and continues to push smart, innovative solutions. The culture within the company is the best I've ever seen.

Cons

Although employee retention is much better than most agencies, Engine can not offer the same competitive compensation as other companies.

Engine Digital2019-10-22

Other Employee Reviews

"Great company, great people, great projects."

Former Employee - Development Manager in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Engine Digital full-time for less than a year

Pros

As a developer you want to be in an environment where tasks are clearly defined. At Engine Digital, a large percentage of the project lifecycle was spend in the planning and analysis cycle which makes the development cycle so much more efficient and streamlined. Engine Digital is also blessed to have a very strong management team which takes as much care of their staff as their clients. Regular beer fridays, office competitions (ping-pong) and other fun activities.

Cons

Can't think of any cons. The only reason I left was due to personal circumstances where I had to relocate to my home country. I'm sure I would still be a happy Engine employee had I continued to live in Canada.

Continue reading
    Engine Digital2014-03-30
  2. "Strong Vancouver roots, budding in NYC"

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at Engine Digital full-time for more than a year

Pros

Engine Digital is a smart team always looking to improve their own processes and techniques to help the entire team grow stronger. I like their approach to client projects and learned a lot from working here. The team has a nice spread of experience, from more junior to senior vets who bring lots of knowledge yet aren't stuck in their ways and are open to new approaches. Some agencies are too junior (i.e. young) and it shows, but Engine has the right mix which allows junior members to properly grow. This is a good place to push your career forward, but be ready to stay focused and get a lot done at a reasonable pace – you won't get burnt out like at some agencies.

Cons

As part of the brand-new NYC office, establishing its own culture was tough at times but something that takes time. Regular trips to the Vancouver HQ helped the NYC team absorb what makes Engine unique and bring that back to NY as much as possible. Inter-office communication and coordination were tough at times, but I'm sure that can and will be improved. In the end, there's definitely value to being in the same office as colleagues but that'll come as the NYC team grows (and already has since I left). I had no bad reason for leaving Engine; my family decided to move.

Continue reading
    Engine Digital2017-07-24

Discover more reviews about Engine Digital.