Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 3 years

Passionate Team, Fast-Paced Environment & Growth Oportunities

Mar 11, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

What I like most about ETI is the opportunity for growth. If you are a good fit with the team and CEO, you will be given many opportunities for personal and career development. I have been promoted three times in the last 4 years. Working with a lean team, everyone has the ability understand the full scope of the business, and we all depend on each other to achieve our goals. We have a passionate team and everyone is willing to go the extra mile to get the job done. ETI has no dress code, generous vacation time (2 years = 3 weeks off, 3 years + = 4 weeks off), an education fund, flex hours, unlimited coffee (even a designated committee that manages the popcorn and snacks), and a good benefits plan. During my time here at ETI, the CEO has been very focused on developing the best company culture possible. Since moving the office to Welland we now have a fun and inviting space with couches, ping pong tables and massage chairs. There are two offices, Welland and Toronto. Welland is where the majority of the team resides.

Cons

The company is very fast-paced and therefore requires you on your A-game all the times. This is actually a plus for me specifically as I enjoy the challenge, however it is something to note for those that prefer to work at a slower speed.

3 people found this review helpful

Empowerment Technologies Inc. Response

We agree, it is a fast-paced environment and one’s ability to focus is key. Thanks for your review.

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing Opportunities, Great People, Extreme Expectations

Mar 29, 2021 - National Account Manager in Niagara, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unique opportunity to work at company that sells its products to Fortune 500 conglomerates. The skills you can learn at ETI, you will keep for life. I started as a Jr. Account Manager 4 years ago and now I lead the B2B sales for the company. Huge growth potential with extremely competitive pay and benefits. The team members you have working along side of you are dependable and collaberative.

Cons

Extremely fast paced envrioment. This is not the place for "ill get to it, when I get to it" type of people. If you dont pull your weight, it will be noticed super fast by management and peers. If you cant work at a extremely super fast paced enviroment with lofty expectations on goals and personal performance, look else where. If goals are not being met. everyone has to kick it in overdrive.

Be the first to find this review helpful

HR Generalist - Independent Contractor

Thanks for your honest feedback and advice! While we certainly are fast-paced we value our collaborative team members, and we appreciate that mental states and capacities can vary. Our goal is to foster an environment where staff can thrive and feel empowered, and we will continue to work towards this.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Place to work with all the benefits!

Mar 2, 2021 - Manager in Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

ETI is a great place to work especially if you want to grow in a fast-paced, positive, team-focused environment. They offer amazing benefits and good pay. Not to mention the fun floor, with ping pong, NBA JAM arcade, massage chairs, and fitness equipment. I truly enjoy working here and would recommend it to anyone who is looking. ETI is always taking our health into consideration, by keeping the office clean and safe.

Cons

Lean teams, but that is expected for now as we continue to grow.

Be the first to find this review helpful

HR Generalist - Independent Contractor

Thanks for your review. It's important to us to have a positive culture that our employees can thrive in. We look forward to continuing to grow the team!

Discover more reviews about Empowerment Technologies Inc..