Employee Review

  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

    A company that cares

    Jun 8, 2021 - Analyst in Vancouver, BC
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

    Pros

    Competitive salaries, caring management, fun perks and good benefits

    Cons

    Long hours, the room for growth may be limited

    Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Contractor

    Great Culture!

    Jul 29, 2021 - User Experience Researcher in Alpharetta, GA
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

    Pros

    Team, diversity, culture, learning environment, etc...

    Cons

    no benefits as contractor but the compensation covers this

    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

    Depends on department

    Jul 16, 2021 - Systems Engineer in Austin, TX
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

    Pros

    Pretty good benefits. Good chance to travel to interesting offices all over the world.

    Cons

    *EA is a big corporation with offices globally so I can only share my experience working for Operations in Austin. While advertised company culture may be one thing, in reality management pushes a very competitive agenda where you have to fight your coworkers for real renovation instead of a genuine atmosphere of teamwork. Agile is pushed and applied in a square hole round peg fashion where it's really just used by management for micromanaging. There sprint stand-ups and meetings use 40% of your time while the remaining 60% is used working on fixing previous poorly executed or abandoned "innovations" leaving zero time to truly be creative, innovative, learning new technologies or training unless it's after hours on your own time. The amount of red tape, processes and the incredibly large and oppressive monstrosity known as "Change Control" make it very difficult to make even simple changes to production.

    Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Electronic Arts.