Earls Kitchen + Bar - Excellent Company! | Glassdoor.ca

"Excellent Company!"

Current Employee - Floor Manager/Server in Vancouver, BC
Current Employee - Floor Manager/Server in Vancouver, BC

Pros

I have spent 5 years with Earls and they have been a fantastic company to work for. I have worked nearly every position at two locations from dishwashing to managing the front of house. The best thing is the high prioritization of what Earls calls their "partner experience" and it shows consistently throughout leadership in the company. Regular feedback, support and recognition to be successful in your role separates Earls from other restaurants. Considering it is a restaurant setting, I have found that I have been given a great level of freedom, autonomy and support to work on projects within the store that mutually benefit my own learning and growth as well as Earls. On the other hand, they have been extremely flexible with scheduling making Earls the perfect part time job during school.

Cons

Pay for the kitchen staff and junior leadership can certainly be low, although this is showing some improvement. While flexible, hours can often be cut short easily.

Earls Kitchen + Bar Response

30 May, 2016 – People Brand Specialist

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review. I would have to agree, the "partner experience" is something that we pride ourselves on and continuously look at to improve... More

Other Employee Reviews for Earls Kitchen + Bar

1. "Disorganized"

Former Employee - Bartender in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Bartender in Calgary, AB

Pros

Food is good to eat?

Cons

They hire people that have no experience whatsoever and expect you to learn every detail of every drink and food recipe within 3 days. They also have managers that have stick up their ***** and think feedback is just an opportunity to give criticism. They've also implemented no tipping so everyone gets the same wage no matter what position you are, so bartending where I could get 700$/weekend in tips, i get a flat rate with no tips. They'll try to sell you on how no tipping is best for everyone and makes your wage more consistent and it would work out to the same if they're were tips, but let me tell you, you make way more money with tips.

Advice to Management

Be more organized before training and less rude managers to train people.

Earls Kitchen + Bar Response

22 Aug, 2016 – People Brand Specialist

It's unfortunate to hear this was your experience while working at Earls. No tipping does allow for a more fair wage structure throughout the location, and for some people it does allow for a more... More

2. "A company that loves its partners"

Former Employee - Earls Server in Burnaby, BC
    Former Employee - Earls Server in Burnaby, BC

Pros

They invest in their people to grow in their jobs but also outside of work.

Cons

I hated the shoes- but that is changing now!