1. "Great Support"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai

I have been working at EF English First full-time for more than a year

Pros

EF English First is an awesome company to work for in China. They gave me a lot of support in my initial visa and visa renewal, making it very straightforward and ensuring that I knew well in advance of any deadlines or things to sort out. I've received a lot of training and support at work and my Managers have always listened to where my interests are and given me opportunities to find projects or positions that align with those. When I've had personal issues come up I've found my Managers to be supportive in helping me navigate things, which has made it a lot easier to stay on working in China. I've worked for various different large companies and I appreciate how at EF, people really do try to live out the corporate values at work. I find my work environment to be positive and upbeat.

Cons

Vacation time is good by local standards but less than you might have from back home, at least for your first year or two.

EF English First2019-04-22

EF English First Response

May 23, 2019Vice President

Thank you for sharing about your experience. We're pleased to hear you've felt supported throughout your EF career. We care a lot about the teacher experience and ensuring that everyone receives training and support to be successful at work. It's great that you enjoy the work environment, trust your managers and have had the opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects. We hope that you stay and continue to grow with EF.

1. "I love this company"

5.0
    Current Freelancer - Adult Education Teacher

I have been working at EF English First for more than 5 years

Pros

flexible schedule, good management, freedom to work at own pace

Cons

Pay is on the lower side

Continue reading
    EF English First2020-05-04

EF English First Response

May 15, 2020Vice President

We love to hear that you love EF and we are glad to see that you’ve been with us for so long! We strive to offer quality resources to our teachers by providing consistent support, classes and innovations in the classroom. And while we know we don’t offer the highest pay in the market, we hope that you see the value of getting regular classes, which allows you to earn a stable income. A bonus is that you get to work with motivated students from across the globe while earning. Thank you again for your feedback.

2. "Mixed Bag"

2.0
    Former Employee - Online Instructor

I worked at EF English First full-time

Pros

Gives you teaching experience if you have little or none and gets your foot in the door to Asia.

Cons

Terrible corporate management and low salaries. Work there one or two years, get the teaching experience required for actual schools and get out.

EF English First2020-05-15

Discover more reviews about EF English First.