1. "Disorganized company with poor upper management"

1.0
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Coast Dental Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Coast Dental pays slightly above average than all the other DSO's.

Cons

There are no rewards for loyalty in this company, if someone above you simply doesn't like you that is all it takes in getting rid of you regardless of proven or documented performance. The turnover in this company is absolutely astonishing. The majority of offices are running understaffed and overworked. The company is constantly struggling to pay its vendors and the vendors make it known to the employees at the office level. There is a huge emphasis on "sales" and disciplinary action if production goals are not met. There is no focus on actual patient care.

Coast Dental Services Response

June 18, 2020Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We take these types of situations very seriously. Since you are a current team member at Coast Dental, I would encourage you to reach out to your office manager or district manager to discuss these concerns in person. We are dedicated to working hard with increased training, changes in leadership and communication to improve in these areas.

1. COVID-19

"Company Steps Up Amid COVID-19 Outbreak – Bless You!!!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Coast Dental Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We were informed last week that our offices would be closing as a precaution due to Corona Virus, and that we would have some offices that would remain open to treat emergency patients. I was worried about what that would mean for me in terms of unemployment and benefits. Having spoken to a lovely lady in HR at our corporate office, I was reassured to find out that they would be filing for unemployment on our behalf and that the company would keep paying for our benefits. That's been a huge weight lifted off my shoulders in these uncertain times, allowing me to worry less about how I'm going to feed my family and keep my children insured.

Cons

Nothing I can think of!

2. COVID-19

"Don’t go to work at Coast Dental"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Coast Dental Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Employees are such great people

Cons

This company does not care about their employees. All they care about is how they can make a buck. And they will fire you if for any reason you are not making money in fact for they last 5 years every year around Christmas they fire at least 10 to 25 people right before Christmas and after . Everyone is always on edge wondering if they will have a job .. Going through the hardest time of everyone’s life they sent out an email to everyone saying you will not be able to use any PTO time at all and this is vacation time earned . This happened before Covid 19 . And at Christmas and thanksgiving . No one could even enjoy time with their family’s because they did not have time paid. Also they blocked all schedules so no one could take PTO but yet told everyone we could not work because doctors are off . Through all of this about 29 people were laid off and but they continue to see patients. But they did not even call or notified anyone. But they received help financially. They got rid of people left and right and hired new ones right after. But stated they had to let everyone go because they could not afford to keep . WOW if I could say anything to warn you don’t go to work for this company. Because as soon as you do it’s only a matter of time before you are fired . In the past year they fired over 46 people for no reason. And they people they fired are such great people. It’s just so sad to know that as hard as you work for this company it does not matter .. I fact the CCO was with them 17 years and the owners told him with. No warring no write up 4 months ago told him well we don’t need you anymore. Same thing with the RVP and 4 DM . And I can’t tell you how many managers and staff . This list goes on and on ..

Coast Dental Services Response

June 18, 2020Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time at Coast Dental. Change is constant and we ask our teams to be flexible serving our patients in these new and challenging times. We are dedicated to working hard with increased training, changes in leadership and communication to improve in these areas. Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review and we wish you the best in your career.

Discover more reviews about Coast Dental Services.