"Great place to accelerate your career"

5.0

I have been working at Clio full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Clio is authentic in its commitment to its values and focus on a developmental culture. It's not always comfortable, but the opportunities to stretch and grow are there though they require you to know what direction you'd like your career to head in, as well.

Cons

Scaling comes with growing pains, and the environment isn't for everyone. Not the best place if you're looking for a casual 9-5 or a stable environment as there is constant evolution and change.

1. "0"

1.0
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Clio

Pros

Interesting and fascinating interactions with artists

Cons

Commission based job that ends up being fruitless

"Don't drink the coolaid"

1.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Clio full-time

Pros

Plenty of alcohol I guess.

Cons

Too many employees have been drinking too much of the cool aid. People are super positive about the company, but for what? Rote, unchallenging work. If you're not in the inner circle, you aren't going anywhere. No salary reviews. Salaries way, way, way below industry averages to begin with. Useless performance reviews. Can't work from home.

Continue reading

Clio Response

November 15, 2017Co-Founder, CPO

This feedback is hard to hear --- partially because it sounds like you had a negative experience at Clio (which is not what we want for anyone!) and partially because much of what you point to in your review I would challenge as both inaccurate and unfair. What’s more, we’re disappointed that you didn’t bring your concerns to us while you were an employee. We’d have welcomed your feedback and worked hard to change your experience for the better had we known you were having a rough go. To clarify for others who may be keen to know the facts, our compensation review process takes place three times a year and we calibrate our salary bands carefully against market data regularly to ensure that we’re paying at or above market. We also increase pay to reflect star performance wherever needed. We’ve made a conscious decision to shift away from the traditional system of annual performance reviews (which may explain why you experienced them as useless) and move towards a more agile, always-on system of continuous feedback and coaching-oriented leadership because we believe that traditional performance management systems don’t do you --- or your development --- justice. As for our choice to invest in culture - we feel this is something that truly differentiates Clio, and is something we’ll continue to make a priority. Encouraging staff to bond, and form strong connections isn’t something that we view as a gimmick or a game - it’s an important part of maintaining healthy teams and an engaged workplace. Lastly, regarding working from home; while we generally find that working from one of our offices fosters more real-time collaboration, we don’t have a policy against working from home occasionally, we just ask that our fellow Clions notify their teams when they’re not planning on being on site.

Discover more reviews about Clio.