ClearEvent - Advisor | Glassdoor.ca
  1. "Advisor"

Current Contractor - Advisor in Toronto, ON

I have been working at ClearEvent for more than a year

Pros

Smart fun people building a great new company

Cons

Long hours to achieve success in these early days

Advice to Management

Stay focused and keep doing what you are doing

ClearEvent2017-11-13

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Off to a great start, and gathering steam!"

Current Employee - Ontario in Toronto, ON

I have been working at ClearEvent full-time for less than a year

Pros

We are a small but highly experienced team. I especially like working with really smart people with good insights and a relentless approach to achieving goals. We have a great product and a very excited market that has been poorly served and does not have viable offerings. This is a tremendous opportunity. We're leveraging a great technology stack to deliver a really powerful product. Everyone on our team loves to build stuff. We have a well developed business plan which has received good validation and continues to be a great guide as we develop our business. We have had good participation from early investors and we have solid efforts underway with good indications to establish the second part of our seed raise. Having worked in many larger organizations, I have grown tired of working on their poorly conceived, group-think projects to achieve not much different from before. At ClearEvent, we are fully in control of what we build, getting it into customers' hands, funding our pre-revenue activities and funding ourselves through break-even to scaling profits. The team shares in the value we create and we have the capability to be successful, and you just don't find that at most other companies, let alone Canadian startups.

Cons

While we're small, we inevitably wear multiple hats. We can do all of the things we need to do to build and grow the company, but we really want to focus on our core value-add workstreams., There are times when it would be nice to have an HR department or a facilities group but those things are down the road.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your're doing! We're on a great path and we just need to stay focused and do what we know how to do. Keep the pressure on building our investment reserves and filling our sales funnel. So much of what needs to be done is just work we know how to do and if we stay focused, this will work out great!

ClearEvent2015-06-04
  2. "A great career with great people!"

Current Employee - Director of Research and Development in Toronto, ON

I have been working at ClearEvent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team, cutting (but not bleeding) edge technology, big software, interesting market, focused on delivering the right platform to our customers.

Cons

It is a competitive marketplace

Advice to Management

Stay focused on delivering software

ClearEvent2015-05-22

Discover more reviews about ClearEvent.