"Great Employees, Clueless Management"

2.0
    Current Employee - Content Developer
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Cengage full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The employees in the trenches, the ones doing the actual work, are fabulous. The flexibility (being able to work from home one day a week, etc.) is also fabulous. I even enjoy the actual work.

Cons

The payscale has absolutely *no* transparency (even my supervisor doesn’t know what the pay range of my position is, let alone me), and raises, which have been capped at 1% a year for at least the last five years, were cut to 0.5% this year. (2019) No bonuses at all for employees not in management or sales.

Continue reading

Cengage Response

July 26, 2019CPO

Feedback is key to our efforts to continually improve, so thanks for your post. If you’d like to reach out to me directly, I’m eager to learn more about your experience. And I’d be happy to provide context regarding our approach to compensation and improvements already being made to reward top performers, increase transparency and ensure we are offering competitive pay across all roles. In the meantime, I do want to offer one correction here. Specifically, raises for the company have NOT been capped at 1% in any of the last five years. We have always had variable adjustments that allow us to pay for performance and it remains a central pillar of our compensation philosophy. Thanks again.

1. "Flexible, fun and fair"

5.0
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Waterville, ME

I have been working at Cengage full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at Cengage has been amazing for me. The leadership shows true compassion & care for their employees, and offers flexibility for real life. The compensation is more than fair, and I always feel appreciated.

Cons

Communication with departments not located in your office can be challenging.

2. "Solid Company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Executive Learning Consultant

I have been working at Cengage full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

People, Compensation, Opportunity for Growth. These are only a few of the many pros I could go on and list. Cengage provides a wealth of resources for you to accomplish your goals. It is a pleasure to work for a company that actually cares about its employees and customers.

Cons

Only con is I wish I found this place earlier in my career.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Cengage.