Cengage - Great culture - great place to work | Glassdoor.ca

"Great culture - great place to work"

Current Employee - Vice President in Boston, MA

I have been working at Cengage full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people - hands down the best part of my job. I also love knowing that what we do makes a difference in the lives of students.

Cons

The industry has been facing some tough times, but we're breaking out of the old ways and that is turning this con into a positive.

Advice to Management

Stay true to the culture.

Cengage2019-06-15
  1. "software engineer"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Cengage

Pros

Good Talented team, free lunch once in a week

Cons

Processes not defined, big picture not clear

Cengage2019-03-28

"Aggressively Transitioning Its Business"

I worked at Cengage full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Cengage is committed to an aggressive transition away from traditional educational publishing to student-focused technology based learning provider. As a result, it is a receptive environment for young technology focused professionals. Anyone with experience in Learning Management Systems, Adaptive Learning, Educational App Development, Instructional Design etc... will be valued and have an opportunity to progress.... Cengage Learning was very good to me and I enjoyed my time there.

Cons

The educational marketplace is in turmoil with textbook sales plummeting, Cengage Learning, along with its competitors, continues to undergo major cost reduction efforts as it manages its transition to a technology company. As a result, there are periodic cycles of significant layoffs as it reduces its focus on traditional publishing and it continues to outsourcing many functions.

Cengage2017-01-12

Discover more reviews about Cengage.