Canada Drives - Shortsighted Outlook, Questionable Practices | Glassdoor.ca

"Shortsighted Outlook, Questionable Practices"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time for more than a year

Pros

- 100% travel compensation - Assortment of food selection in the kitchen + Awesome lunch room staff who are willing to try out different menus, soups, and salads - Ability to move up within the company and try out different positions - Young and energetic atmosphere; Very lively

Cons

- Ability to move up within the company: Heavy focus on 'Go-getters' and less on qualifications; No strictly regulated yearly performance reviews/Compensation (For non-Sales staff, from my experience) - A quick tour of the sales floor and you'll hear 'interesting' conversations between staff members and clients involving arguments and sometimes swearing; While I can't say with certainty that the arguments are... warranted, swearing across the floor is very prevalent; I have had clients complain of hearing this type of language on the phone (on more than one occasion). - Toxic culture: Training staff and management convincing 'fresh meat' that higher education is unnecessary, and selling them on the idea of making big bucks and less focus of how our products benefit the clients.

Advice to Management

If you have to constantly remind your staff to follow protocol, to clean up their work area so it doesn't look like a dump, and to threaten to fire all staff that smoke on the property because building management has filed multiple complaints, it may be important to investigate the a) the people you hire b) upper management that set up these rules & protocols. While over time I have witnessed an increase in... preventative measures and training courses, most of the rules are treated as guidelines. People who have been let go for misconduct get hired back, people who break rules get 'spoken to' with no further repercussions. The company needs to take a more preventative approach, instead of a reactive approach. The issues listed above are a few of the instances of long-existing problems that are just recently addressed in an almost decade-old company. I'm not sure how big Canada Drives really is as a financial institution in Canada, but I cannot see how the company can elevate itself (image wise) with the path it's currently taking. How do you expect clients to take the word of an Agent who tries to convince them that we are a legitimate service dealing with their credit, when it sounds like a club in the background, with uncensored music going full blast 24/7, and swearing from staff members (including managers)? This review is so long because I sincerely had a fruitful experience at my time here; It's just sad to see the people who actually put their head down and do the hard work get little recognition for it; Upper management should also understand that there are staff members who really are just good at what they do, and to compensate them for the length of time at the company (again, this is for non-sales staff members, from my experience). I'm sure most if not all staff members at the company are generally quite friendly and approachable, but it's the constant enabling of this behaviour that causes this rot to grow and grow. While I was given a great opportunity to work here and learned a great deal about credit services and sales products, I can't quite say I'm proud to be a member of Canada Drives.

Canada Drives2019-03-03
  1. "Fun, Inviting Work Place"

Current Employee - Finance Assistant in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is a great environment that is filled with great people. The work is very rewarding because we are helping people out of a bad situation. For example, a single mother trying to make ends mean and is struggling because she has no car. No banks will look at her file because the credit is so poor. We are their way out of that bad situation. We get them their car and help them be more proactive with changing their... lives for the better.

Cons

I can not think of any. Canada Drives has been great and very helpful to my professional development

Advice to Management

I think what they are doing is great.

Canada Drives2019-10-09
  2. "Great place to get experience"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Good place to get experience in business, call center, sales -Company provides breakfast and lunch -Company covers most/all of public transit costs -Great team environment -Understanding and supportive managers -Young and ever growing company with lots of opportunity to grow/move up if you work hard for it

Cons

-Food is always the same -Some goals set for departments can be frustrating to reach BUT with effort they are reachable

Canada Drives2019-10-02

Discover more reviews about Canada Drives.