Canada Drives - A place that only rewards those that work hard put time in. Personal Loans department. | Glassdoor.ca
Pros
  • "I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch everyday of the week saves me loads of money" (in 24 reviews)

• "I have worked at Canada Drives for over two years" (in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, but this is optional" (in 24 reviews)

• "I really enjoy working at Canada Drives and I can see career growth within the company" (in 11 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"A place that only rewards those that work hard put time in. Personal Loans department."

Current Employee - Sales Representative Personal Loans in Vancouver, BC
Current Employee - Sales Representative Personal Loans in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Breakfast is varied alot and free lunch as well.
- An environment that will accept you as you are and help you only if you show that you want make money.
-They don't sweat the little stuff that doesn't affect your work. If you can sit down and put in time the rewards are easy to see.
- The management will always give in as much effort to help you as you put in. They trust you and will go to the bat for you.
-The money is ridiculously easy to get and the benefits are instant even before you first 3 months.
-The first month or 2 is harder to get in to the flow especially if you don't come in with extra time
-If you come in early or on a Saturday once in a while you will get the better leads and you will get help you just need to ask for it.If you don't ask or show you have interest you will get nothing.
- Its not a struneus job you sit in a seat and talk to people that's it.
-The health benefits are insanely good
- You get to choose when you want to eat. As long as you hit call time you can take your time if you want but most people will choose to make money because as long as you stay on the dialer you will help out people and you will be able to make good money.
-You get to help people get loans to better their lives because most of the customers are people that need a loan and no one will trust them enough to give a loan. We help out people that need loans and help out those that don't even understand how badly they need the loan to help their credit.
-We help those have only been relying on the Money mart loans that have 600% interest and are stuck in a cycle of debt. The loans we give them are a way to get out of that cycle and have much better interest rates.
- Extremely fast growth and the opportunity to move up is everywhere and can easily be attained even within the first 3 months.
- You will not get fired unless you stop caring and you start being rude. If people like you and you produce results or even if you show that you have any effort being put in they will not let you go and the management will be there for you so you can learn.
-Free monthly buss passes and Free monthly team bonding where its at times normal to eat more at places that you would never normally eat at expensive places.

Cons

- Long hours but that's apart of the job. They tell you in the interview this ain't a job you get into if you want to have all the time in the world.
- Sometimes you will be extremely busy to the point you might miss lunch but that is your choice, no one will force you that will be something you choose without realizing it because you want to make good money.
- Most people understand that when you come in you choose which department you want to go to in Canada Drives, The personal loans department where you will not have any real work life/ balance but make a lot of money or the other loan department that you have a Work /life balance and the money is not as much.
- You will develop this urge where you feel like if you are not in the office than someone else is going to steal your file or that you could be doing something more productive by being in the office on the dialer. It will consume you at times if you don't learn to separate that urge and fear

Advice to Management

Lets go to team bonding places that are not just to eat.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Shortsighted Outlook, Questionable Practices"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- 100% travel compensation
    - Assortment of food selection in the kitchen + Awesome lunch room staff who are willing to try out different menus, soups, and salads
    - Ability to move up within the company and try out different positions
    - Young and energetic atmosphere; Very lively

Cons

- Ability to move up within the company: Heavy focus on 'Go-getters' and less on qualifications; No strictly regulated yearly performance reviews/Compensation (For non-Sales staff, from my experience)

- A quick tour of the sales floor and you'll hear 'interesting' conversations between staff members and clients involving arguments and sometimes swearing; While I can't say with certainty that the arguments are warranted, swearing across the floor is very prevalent; I have had clients complain of hearing this type of language on the phone (on more than one occasion).

- Toxic culture: Training staff and management convincing 'fresh meat' that higher education is unnecessary, and selling them on the idea of making big bucks and less focus of how our products benefit the clients.

Advice to Management

If you have to constantly remind your staff to follow protocol, to clean up their work area so it doesn't look like a dump, and to threaten to fire all staff that smoke on the property because building management has filed multiple complaints, it may be important to investigate the a) the people you hire b) upper management that set up these rules & protocols.

While over time I have witnessed an increase in preventative measures and training courses, most of the rules are treated as guidelines. People who have been let go for misconduct get hired back, people who break rules get 'spoken to' with no further repercussions.

The company needs to take a more preventative approach, instead of a reactive approach. The issues listed above are a few of the instances of long-existing problems that are just recently addressed in an almost decade-old company.

I'm not sure how big Canada Drives really is as a financial institution in Canada, but I cannot see how the company can elevate itself (image wise) with the path it's currently taking. How do you expect clients to take the word of an Agent who tries to convince them that we are a legitimate service dealing with their credit, when it sounds like a club in the background, with uncensored music going full blast 24/7, and swearing from staff members (including managers)?

This review is so long because I sincerely had a fruitful experience at my time here; It's just sad to see the people who actually put their head down and do the hard work get little recognition for it; Upper management should also understand that there are staff members who really are just good at what they do, and to compensate them for the length of time at the company (again, this is for non-sales staff members, from my experience). I'm sure most if not all staff members at the company are generally quite friendly and approachable, but it's the constant enabling of this behaviour that causes this rot to grow and grow.

While I was given a great opportunity to work here and learned a great deal about credit services and sales products, I can't quite say I'm proud to be a member of Canada Drives.

2. "Great place to grow!"

Current Employee - Senior Loan Adviser in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Senior Loan Adviser in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very flexible and encouraging of self-growth and improvement

Cons

The company does it's best to suit everybody's needs, no cons

Discover more reviews about Canada Drives.