Canada Drives - Amazing Company! | Glassdoor.ca
Pros
  • "I love the stocked kitchen - free breakfast and lunch everyday of the week saves me loads of money" (in 24 reviews)

• "I have worked at Canada Drives for over two years" (in 46 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, but this is optional" (in 24 reviews)

• "I really enjoy working at Canada Drives and I can see career growth within the company" (in 11 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Amazing Company!"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC
Former Employee - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time (More than a year)

Pros

it's the people who really make this company stand out! great people, easy to get a long with that it hardly felt like work sometimes
free food up in the 6th floor
the CEO by the name of Cody, what a an easy guy to talk to, very down to earth and very approachable
monthly lunches with the team
flexible hours
beside the Burrard Skytrain Station so very convenient plus transport allowance
seems to be a very successful company growing by the month, about 400 people I think

Cons

sometimes you could have long hours
2-3 people doing the job of one
project managers would push too many things at once
office space could improve

Advice to Management

slowing down would give people time to deliver better results

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Evil Company - DO NOT WORK HERE"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Canada Drives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work is mind numbingly easy and there's free food (but the pay is low so I'm not sure how else you can afford to feed yourself while working there in an entry level position).

Cons

This company exists to prey on poor people with bad credit, especially those who are not tech savvy. The only people who last there either are too blind to understand this or have no compassion for their fellow human beings. Hence, the staff is made up of all of the worst people you went to high school with: ignorant, obnoxious, misogynist, racist, homophobic, two-faced, immature.

In the 3 months I was there the turnover in my department was maybe 50%, and a lot of folks who left did so because of management and HR's utter failure to deal with toxic, racist, Islamophobic and sexist drama.

The worst for me personally was speaking to loan applicants, who are often justifiably angry. Let me tell you, few things have made me more disgusted in my life than talking to poor rural Canadians sign up for loans they don't understand and cannot pay off (due to the nearly 50% interest rate).

Advice to Management

The entire management strategy relies on bribing workers to do their work. I found this infantalising and very demotivating as I do not need a carrot at the end of a stick in order to complete basic tasks at my job. My advice to managers and anyone who works there is to get out of there while you still have a soul.

"Highschool"

I worked at Canada Drives full-time

Pros

Fast paced environment, snacks.

Cons

Very childish and unprofessional attitude in the workplace. The only way you’re moving up is if you’re good friends with a manager.

Advice to Management

Manage your HR department, they take weeks and constant reminders to even respond or answer via Slack and professionalism within the workplace.

Discover more reviews about Canada Drives.