Bridgewater Associates - Incredible place! | Glassdoor.ca

"Incredible place!"

Former Employee - Business Operations Associate in Westport, CT

I worked at Bridgewater Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Truly an amazing place to work, grow and evolve as a person, and develop meaningful relationships. Co-workers become family and are so invested in helping you become the best version of yourself.

Cons

The commute from NYC is not ideal (but still worth the drive for the experience!) but my group had relaxed WFH policies and some groups are opening up spaces in NYC to work from.

Bridgewater Associates2019-04-30

"Technology Associate"

I worked at Bridgewater Associates for more than a year

Pros

good place to learn how to work. lots of smart people. good compensation and perks/benefits. teaches you how to deal with conflict.

Cons

culture doesn't quite make sense (if you haven't already been brainwashed). company cares just a bit too much about its own good than that of its employees. shamed into working long hours in most roles. only rewards given are monetary -- don't expect much of a pat on the back for good work.

Advice to Management

I think the company comes across as too "selfish" -- you might want to change that. The culture can be a good thing if you have good managers to create a balanced work environment, but there are a lot of managers who are not encouraging enough for employees to grow, and instead, in trying to paint the "truth" kill morale -- weed out these managers.

Bridgewater Associates2016-09-22
  2. "Amazing place"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Bridgewater Associates for less than a year

Pros

Hard working, energized, super interesting

Cons

Not everyone's cup of tea

Bridgewater Associates2019-08-14

Discover more reviews about Bridgewater Associates.