Boeing - Good company, great benefits, but not promotion-friendly | Glassdoor.ca

"Good company, great benefits, but not promotion-friendly"

Current Employee - Procurement Agent in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Boeing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent benefits packages: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k, 100% tuition reimbursement for continuing education, 2 week holiday break for Christmas/New Year, competitive salaries, exciting programs

Cons

Promotion budget is always slim, only a set # of employees can advance each year. But hiring budget is separate. So they will hire someone brand new, fresh out of school, no experience, before they will promote from within. Also, compression issues exist. New hires making more $ than existing employees at the same level.

Advice to Management

Cut down on the political performances (i.e. All Hands Meetings with Executive Leadership). They are a waste of time and take employees away from actual work. More importanly, fix the compression issue and the promotion budget issue or Boeing is going to continue to hemmorhage vital knowledge through the loss of mid level and experienced employees.

Boeing2018-08-25
  1. "Data Scientist"

I have been working at Boeing full-time

Pros

Good environment to work; Good teamwork

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

Boeing2018-06-10

"Experienced NDI/NDT technicians, this place is not worth your time."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB

I worked at Boeing

Pros

Company name may look good on resume.

Cons

Company has no respect for technicians or tickets obtained. It's evident in how they train for CGSB exams. Techs receive the bare minimum needed to pass the exam. The company wants your time and experience but will not pay for it. You'll be destroyed by high taxes, high deductions, low quality job, low morale, low quality and high crime city, long-term disability insurance $200/month, stupid beurocracy, managers...

Advice to Management

I know you'll read this. You will not have a good name in this industry. Should have had more respect for people who can step into a shutdown within a week and make back all money you had promised. Not worth my time to fight this in court. Believe me, I want to. You'll never get a tech after I've spoken to them. If you want to resolve this you can pay for my move and my move back. This will never be forgotten.

Boeing2019-06-14

Discover more reviews about Boeing.