Bite Squad - Delivery Driver Review - Minneapolis MN | Glassdoor.ca
Pros
  • "Flexible Schedule, not stuck in a building all day" (in 51 reviews)

• "Driving for Bite Squad is a very nice side hustle" (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "Gas expense wear and tear in Vehicle" (in 21 reviews)

• "I can't think of anything during my experience with Bite Squad that had a negative impact on me personally or anyone else for that matter" (in 19 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Delivery Driver Review - Minneapolis MN"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Pros

I've researched a lot of other delivery driving jobs, as well as worked in pizza delivery and I do honestly believe that BiteSquad is one of the best delivery jobs available.

- The dispatch and support crew is very dependable as well as efficient when it comes to customer service, as well as when unexpected problems arise during deliveries. They answer calls within seconds and are always willing to assist you.

- Scheduling is fair in the sense that you are able to edit your schedules on a weekly basis as well as request days off (I've never had a request that was denied as long as it was within a 2 weeks notice). They also have this feature on the app that allows you to request to stay later on your shift or leave earlier. Of course it is tentative to how busy it is that night, but dispatch generally does a good job of meeting your requests.

- Customers are generally more polite compared to pizza customers or other delivery services; they also tend to tip a decent amount. Also, most customers are located in "non-dangerous" parts of town so that's not a concern at all.

- The pay is as advertised, and it's guaranteed you will at least make 15/hr, compensation if necessary to meet that amount. Generally speaking drivers make anywhere from a bit over 15 to 20 an hour, dispatch distributes orders so that everyone makes roughly the same amount per hour.

Overall, I work at least 25 hours a week and the pay is decent so a full time college student like me can live fairly comfortably.

Cons

There aren't many cons but if anything, I've heard that before I got hired the pay was higher. However, this is understandable because of the minimum wage increase.

Another thing is that although deliveries always come back to back, it's pretty easy to tell if it's a busy night or not. This is just my theory, but it seems during busy nights the driving times between pickups and deliveries tend to be shorter. Some nights, driving times could be anywhere from 10-15 minutes, and I assume this is due to the lower amount of orders. Overall, the pay very consistent for a delivery job though.

Advice to Management

Everything is going pretty well but really the only issue I'd want to address is the turnover rate of drivers. It seems as though we're always hiring. It'd be nice if longevity of workers were better as this would result in s more close-knit group of drivers. Perhaps changing the tip distribution to what it used to be or offering some sort of bonus based on number of deliveries completed will motivate drivers to stay longer.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Excellent job"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I have been working at Bite Squad full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great support at dispatch, extra hours available if desired, great flexibility- the shift planner system allows you to set availability on a permanent and temporary basis, so you have the ability to ask for a specific time off rather than having to take the entire day.

The driver application gives you all the tools you need to do a great job- every customer has a phone number, so there is minimal difficulty in getting hold of a customer if needed. Equipment like bags are provided, the initial shirt and hat are and then are available for purchase- which means you actually take care of your stuff. In Minneapolis, there is a parking permit you can purchase for 20$/year that makes parking a cakewalk.

Benefits are nearly nonexistent at this point, but to me that is a bonus- more take-home pay. Full time, I can legitimately take home almost $3,000/month, after taxes, including gas/wear and tear reimbursement of 1$/delivery. I think the pay makes up for the lack of benefits. I was able to go full-time within 4 months, so room for advancement from part-full time is nice.

Cons

Having to wear a uniform, getting asked random questions on the street, the rare occurrence of getting hassled by a drunk or two, and the stress of driving. Accidents are an occupational hazard, but if you know defensive driving, that risk is greatly minimized. Most of the job is learned by doing, but little tips at the start would be extremely helpful. No sick leave, medical/dental/vision, or other benefits. Not much talk about driving one of their vehicles or other positions available within the company, but I have not asked.

Advice to Management

Monitor driver habits more closely, and ticket drivers who are not meeting standards rather than doing company-wide announcements about conduct that does not meet par.

Give drivers more resources to keep themselves safe in weird situations, and have conduct training regarding customer interactions, restaurant interactions, and how to respond best to 'What is Bite Squad?'.Encourage safe driving/parking habits, defensive driving course, dash cam, and other optional safety resources.

2. "Working for BiteSquad"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Bite Squad part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun and easy job. No side work. W-2 employee. Get to drive around and listen to music. Management is great.

Cons

The only cons I can think of is sometimes dealing with traffic, and the normal wear and tear of driving your car.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and continued support of all your drivers. Although I would like to see an option on the driver app to submit tips for parking and delivering in difficult areas.

Discover more reviews about Bite Squad.