Benevity - Excellent Onboarding Process & Great Community-Focused Culture! | Glassdoor.ca
Pros
  • "Benevity is also very dedicated to employee happiness, which translates to a fantastic work environment" (in 7 reviews)

• "Your chance to really make a difference in the world - it's not just idle talk" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Others here complain that the company is growing too fast, but I just don't see it" (in 4 reviews)

• "It can be easy to work *too* hard - make sure you have work/life balance, particularly during their busy season from September through December" (in 3 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Excellent Onboarding Process & Great Community-Focused Culture!"

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Calgary, AB
Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Benevity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The on boarding process ("launchpad") at Benevity is great! Loved having the opportunity to gain some insights from individual's in various roles and at various levels of the organization. Also was great to have a little crew of newbies to stomp around the office with during week one! Overall the orientation process was a great way to become familiarized with the company, facility and team members.

Cons

Not sure I am cool enough to work here!!! Being surrounded by amazing folks is not the worst problem to have though ;)

Advice to Management

Our group had some mixed messages sent out in our welcome emails, so having that standardized across the group would be super helpful! Would also be great to have parking information included in that email for those who don't know the surrounding area. Finally, we had difficulty accessing some of the applications used by the organization through Okta - the issue was sorted quite quickly but just a note for the future!

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"scaled too quickly"

I have been working at Benevity full-time

Pros

casual dress, a nice office that is dog-friendly, flexible hours and a social work environment.

Cons

there are barely any documented processes, policies or training. there is no performance measurement or clear career development. inefficient internal communications management.

Advice to Management

operationally, the lack of structure has left the people on the front line most vulnerable.

2. "A company with impressive impact on pro-social change"

I have been working at Benevity part-time

Pros

Benevity focuses on technology and programs which lead to a healthy and sustainable world. The team is very positive and supportive! I am treated with trust and respect every time I bring ideas forward. I am encouraged to innovate and my strengths are recognized.

Cons

I can't submit this review without a Con.

Discover more reviews about Benevity.