"Very good people"

5.0
    Former Employee - Senior S/W Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Base2 Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very flexible work hours. Easy to switch projects,

Cons

Had to deal with some stiff clients

Continue reading

Base2 Solutions Response

May 11, 2020CEO

Thank you for being part of the Base2 team and giving us some feedback.

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great Company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Staff Officer in Springfield, VA

I have been working at Base2 Solutions full-time

Pros

Direct contact with company owner.

Cons

Small company. Might not have all of the resources that bigger companies have.

2. COVID-19

"Base2 Is Not What It Used To Be"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Engineer

I worked at Base2 Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Profit Sharing Bonus is nice. Work-from-home flexibility is nice (now due to Covid). USED TO BE a great place to work when the company was smaller and could operate on their own. Now that they were bought by Belcan and are under their management - HUGE difference. Better read the Belcan company reviews on Glassdoor.

Cons

Company process for Job Performance/Reviews is terrible. They surprise you with criticism for small one-time incidents without any prior discussion with you. They don't train their supervisors on how to be a Leader. They have lots of "Talks" about Leadership - but they DON'T "Walk the Talk". People seem to leave for lack of opportunity for growth. Before hiring in with this company in 2015, I worked for a top corporation as a Lead Quality Assurance Engineer - leading an international group of 10 testers on large automated test projects (unfortunately the company moved). At Base2, I worked by myself on manual testing - I never had any growth opportunity (I think I moved backwards). This company also does a lot of "reorganizations" - every year I had a different supervisor.

Continue reading

Base2 Solutions Response

July 27, 2020EVP & GM

I am sorry about the experience you had at Base2. Although it is true that Base2 was acquired by Belcan, it doesn’t sound like your concerns are related to the acquisition. Although most acquisitions will result in some changes, for the most part there has been very little change with the Base2 acquisition. I hope this provides some perspective on the items you have highlighted. - Base2 continues to make the list of one of the best places to work, even as recently as June of this year. But we aren’t resting on those laurels and we recognize there continues to be room for improvement. Performance reviews are challenging, and we have worked hard to ensure that our review process is constructive for all involved. As part of our effort to continually improve in all aspects of our company, we have provided our leadership with training on performance management, and will continue to provide such training in the future. Our preference would be that no employee first hear about a concern in a written review. None of us would want to be treated that way and I believe we strive to ensure that doesn’t happen. - We do provide formal training to our leadership team and we work hard to continuously train and mentor all staff. We aren’t perfect, but we certainly try to be “Walking the Talk”. - We hire an experienced workforce for consulting. It is what our customers need. Most of our staff held leadership roles at previous companies and use those skills to help our customers solve their most challenging problems. We try to be very clear when we hire staff that there is a wide variety of work that we might be doing. It is also true that we are a small company. We have been continuously growing during our 8 year history and that has provided new opportunities for many of our staff. - We will never treat employees like a number. We are careful to make sure that any separation is a last resort that is only exercised when there are no other options. I am sorry that your time at Base2 didn’t work out. Ron Hopkins, EVP & GM

Discover more reviews about Base2 Solutions.