1. "Very good people"

5.0
    Former Employee - Senior S/W Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Base2 Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very flexible work hours. Easy to switch projects,

Cons

Had to deal with some stiff clients

Continue reading
    Base2 Solutions2020-02-11

May 11, 2020CEO

Thank you for being part of the Base2 team and giving us some feedback.

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great Place to Work - Hard Work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Base2 Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Constant focus on what's right for the people They mean it when they say "People are our most valued resource". Really good people - I enjoy the people, and am proud to be part of the team Freedom to take the initiative AND rewarded for taking the initiative

Cons

It's very hard work, but reasonable hours. (This is not really a negative, but be aware if considering Base2.) I'm usually at the client site (due to my job role). Some of the client's environments well, suck.

Continue reading
    Base2 Solutions2020-05-07

May 11, 2020CEO

We try to keep the company as flat as possible. You won’t find a culture of micro-management at Base2, we couldn’t be successful if we did. We hire the best, empower them, and make sure there is a team of people to support them when/if they need it. It has worked since Base2 was formed, and we don’t envision any changes going forward. Thanks for the review and glad you are seeing those principles in practice.

2. "Your job is at the mercy of their clients"

2.0
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer

I have been working at Base2 Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Can get you temporarily placed at large employers for good experience.

Cons

Their office culture and business has declined significantly since being acquired by Belcan. Layoffs and project cuts are commonplace for almost a year. Projects move slow and do not offer much growth.

Base2 Solutions2020-04-29

May 11, 2020CEO

Thank you for sharing your perspective. At Base2 we take all employee input very seriously and it helps to inform how we behave and communicate. I am sorry that you are feeling this way about Base2 right now. I was very surprised to see this review because I don’t think it represents the current state of Base2. Please don’t misunderstand me, I believe Base2 has room for improvement, and we are always trying to do that. But this review speaks to a change in Base2 that hasn’t occurred. We were recently acquired by Belcan (Dec 2019), but we have been very careful to minimize the impact on our staff, culture and business. Our headcount is effectively unchanged from a year ago and we will financially outperform 2019 in 2020. In the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are proud of those results. It is true that there has been some volatility across our customers and contracts, but that is primarily because of their business challenges and we have managed those changes well. Regardless, it is likely that we have not done a good enough job of communicating with this specific team member. We have an open-door policy at Base2, and many digital ways to connect. I would encourage you or any employee with concerns about the culture or business to reach out to me, so that we can discuss those concerns directly and try to find solutions. Base2 has and will always provide a safe environment (free of retaliation) for staff to express and discuss their concerns.

Discover more reviews about Base2 Solutions.