Employee Review

Former Employee, more than 1 year

A good place to start

Jan 13, 2021 - Fund Accountant in Singapore
    Business Outlook

Pros

The overall environment is good with good office culture, a vibrant and young team. The office is conveniently located near public transport. A good place for new graduate to start their career.

Cons

The pay increment is very pathetic. Although the company is trying its best to create a work-life balance, it is very difficult to achieve since the workload is getting heavier as time goes, and mot just month end, but daily as well.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Great Virtual Program with lots of opportunities to learn

Feb 1, 2021 - Software Engineer(Internship) in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Internship program started with a week of onboarding and training which is great for new interns Lots of flexibility in terms of work hours and location (due to being virtual) Many opportunities to learn and pick up new skills

Cons

Did not have as many social events to get to know other interns or team members

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Least fulfilling work you'll do

Jun 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Only people that you are directly working with are nice

Cons

From the beginning of working here, I would get people complaining about the way things are at BNY and the big resistance to change Was told that I would do analysis and technical process work but ended up just writing notes and doing nothing but sitting in meetings was told I was "adding value" to company which was true but was not doing the work that I was supposed to do to "add value" to company and myself. Do not pick BNY if you want to be challenged. People do not have cameras on for work so the environment is not welcoming Really underpaid, very hesitant to negotiate salary. Feel like a diversity hire.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about BNY Mellon.