Employee Review

Current Intern

Awesome company

Jul 1, 2021 - Associate Machine Learning Developer in Edmonton, AB
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is welcoming and talented.

Cons

Nothing at all. Perfect company for co-op

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

Jul 22, 2021 - Internship
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exciting work Fun people Meaningful projects Enjoyable culture Awesome work environment Meetings with everyone Focus on growth

Cons

None that i can think of

Continue reading
  2. 2.0
    Current Employee

Good people, but swings between not doing things and bureaucratic box ticking

Jul 28, 2021 - Manager in Edmonton, AB
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have a very good DEI culture. Good work life balance if you are not in a niche technical role (basically anything other than Machine Learning/Data Science developers). Great place to launch a data science career. No jerks. I haven't met one mean person here.

Cons

We used to have a pretty open culture. That is now gone, a combination of it not mattering (as little gets done about employee problems and concerns anyway as follow through is terrible) and them lecturing people using the suggestion box as "negative." Increasingly bureaucratic. Endless forms and slide decks and reports and updates and time tracking. Main piece of management software is a checkbox software called Squadley where we have to generate goals we all view as useless to check off each quarter. I only ever hear from my manager about my goals, not my day to day project work. It is worse than when I worked for the provincial government. It is a decent place to be. Less so if you actually want to get work done.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about AltaML.