"Great place to work!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Montreal, QC

I have been working at AlayaCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Alayacare has an amazing environment and it is a very supportive company. The entire team is great and very supportive, helping me to improve my skills and grow a lot in my role.

Cons

The application is big, so it takes time to understand everything and get up and running at first. But once you get it, it is good to work with it and makes you learn a lot.

AlayaCare2020-05-06

"Not an enjoyable experience"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior CSM in Sydney

I worked at AlayaCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ability to occasionally work remotely Some of the team are Generally very welcoming The company is growing exponentially The idea behind the teams philosophy is great when actioned Great location Very capable people should they be supported and educated in the correct way

Cons

Poor Man Management In my time the managers did not spend the required time supporting staff members and instead overloaded employees with work that often is higher than their pay grade. The management would never delay signing a new client when already fully aware of capacity levels, instead they time and again expect employees to work around the clock, often 12 hour days in order to get the work done. This impacts morale, client experience and sometimes quality of the work. I personally found very little direction or ability to listen to new ideas/ways of working unless you were a well established team member The want to get product enhancements with customers also plays detriment to the whole experience. Great ideas turn out to be unfinished pieces of work once more putting extra strain on workers and customers, with little to no management communication to clients. Instead CSMs would take the brunt And invest more time on workarounds. Lastly, I was not made to feel welcome and management even left me out at times during the first three months in particular. Someone should always be made to feel welcome at the very least. Overall, there are worse places to be and I truly hope there are vast improvements but I could not recommend this place of work.

Continue reading
    AlayaCare2020-05-28

"Start-up sweatshop"

1.0
    Current Employee - Product Team in Montreal, QC

I have been working at AlayaCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

The building view CEO very transparent

Cons

-No processes: no HR processes no product processes and when they are some, they change every time a new manager/director is hired. -Average age of people working is 25 and its expected of you to stay late in evenings and weekends for overtime. No work/Life balance. If you have kids or plan to have this is not a friendly work environment you will be perceived as « lazy » for leaving early or for not being enough present. -No tracking of time, tasks or overtime for some roles and you are expected to just indefinitely take on tasks until burn-out. Those that dare speak up are flagged as non-efficient. - your scheduled will be 90% meetings and you will have no choice than to work 14h a day to compensate and accomplish your daily tasks since everyone has annual based salaries and overtime is not compensated. -You will not receive any praise and there is no advancement possible nor definition of roles or how to access other roles or better positions. -Salaries are under market averages and even if overtime is expected you still need to overachieve internal objectives to be considered for raise.

Continue reading
    AlayaCare2020-05-09

AlayaCare Response

May 28, 2020CEO

I regret to hear about how you are feeling about working at AlayaCare. A focus on culture is a huge part of what we are all about. When I hear things like this, I truly take them to heart. I never want our employees to feel burnt out or feel that they cannot raise their concerns. Please reach out to me, Patrick or the HR team so that we can better understand and help address this for you. Adrian

Discover more reviews about AlayaCare.