1. "Good start point"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cork

I have been working at Abtran part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good start point Good schedule Easy tasks Good atmosphere

Cons

Poor salary scale Difficult to get holidays

Abtran2020-02-26

"Don't work here for more than 1 year"

1.0
    Former Employee - Customer Support
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Abtran full-time

Pros

I started as my area of work is not in demand and I believe it is important to work. Therefore the benefit was employment in itself. Learnt about the area I was working in with insider knowledge now which is helpful I am Degree educated and previously worked in professional jobs On a positive note - i was going for an other job and they noted I had lasted more than 2 years in Abtran during the recession. They stated it showed determination of character and a great work ethic. The issue with Abtran is that if you stay longer than a year - its hard to get a reference as your old company will be no longer valid and Abtran give standard reference stating only the time you worked there. Is it better than the dole? its a tricky one - while working allows your stamps to be paid and sometimes there are courses at Abtran - the issue is the bullying will damage your self esteem and you are less likely to be able to get a new job. Parking is good Canteen: Available - food not great. Have to pay for tea/coffee Toilets: Reasonably clean Pros: Its actually really hard to be fired and they normally take any one who applies for a job.

Cons

Pay - minimum. About 19, 000 Any time I worked overtime for time and half there was always an issue with the pay. Always a debate stating no we never agreed time and a half. Schedule: No flexibility - requested half a day off to collect my mum from hospital as she was having a body part removed. I was refused. Never had called in sick, very professional at all time. Behaviour - very poor from other staff and management. Bullying is the default setting with this company - the way they deal with staff is called command and control. They aim to control you - demean and put you down. I found this extremely difficult as previously having worked as a professional in a professional environment I was unused to this. Also I was unused to this in my personal life as well. A lot of people who work here did not go to college, or a non technical course. If you are polite and well educated this really is not the company for you . - it will damage you. It is no disrespect to the people who work there - but if you are degree educated you will not have much in common. It is a starter job with a very young work force. People do not know who to include people in teams, make people fee welcome. The management often are quite young and unprofessional. This is their first time dealing with people and all the mistakes are being made. Couple this with very high targets and for the most part a demotivated work force leads to an massively toxic environment. If this is your first job you may think this is the way people behave at work. You may think you need to cc to a number of people - any error and highlight and blame . This is the case for Abran but in most other companies this behaviour is terrible and not appropriate. Pension: No Benefits: No Holidays: huge issue, very difficult to get holiday. You will miss weddings and if you think just because its a family wedding! you will be sadly mistaken. However is a manager likes a member of staff they will be given holidays. The worst is if you have a seriously ill family member - there will be no flexibility

Continue reading
    Abtran2019-06-21

Abtran Response

June 26, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We are sorry to hear that was your experience and as a business, are continuously working to improve our culture and practices. We appreciate all feedback and will ensure to look into some of the points you mentioned, such as employee benefits and perks, which is an area we are always expanding on and will continue to do so.

2. "just okay"

2.0

I worked at Abtran

Pros

lax management, decent hours to work

Cons

commission largely based on good or bad data

Abtran2018-10-03

Abtran Response

October 4, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave this review. We appreciate all feedback and will ensure it is taken on board.

Discover more reviews about Abtran.