"Hypocrisy-filled "Amazon TECH Company" driven by a bunch of white men"

2.0
    Former Employee - SDE2

I worked at Abebooks full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent office, ok salary, showers in office

Cons

Not a "tech company" Pushes "...an Amazon company" a ton but actually receives no benefits from being an Amazon subsidiary Limited opportunity for growth Despite having a D&I (Diversity and Inclusion) team, upper management is comprised of 100% white male in their mid-30s to 50s Hidden factors in contract - did you know that if you leave within 2 years you need to pay back your signing bonus? Come on... Upper management has a habit of favouritism and doing "off-sites" essentially creating a small team that's impossible to penetrate. No "AbeBooks" culture to speak of. HR is full of women.

Other Employee Reviews

"Challenging, fast-paced environment with room to learn and grow"

4.0

I have been working at Abebooks full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

AbeBooks is full of smart people across the tech and business sides of the company and working with them is fun and challenging. As an Amazon subsidiary, we have access to one of the world's most impressive companies for knowledge sharing, training, and career opportunities. RSU compensation is unbeatable in the Victoria job market.

Cons

Limited resources. Like most companies, there is an endless list of things we want to do. Getting the resources to get them done can be a challenge but we have great processes in place to help us prioritize projects and get as much done as possible with the resources we have. Getting creative and bit scrappy to get things out the door can be a fun challenge.

Continue reading
  2. "Great people"

2.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Victoria, BC

I worked at Abebooks full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people Challenging work International

Cons

Poor communication Tough to move up Little influence

Discover more reviews about Abebooks.