Abebooks - You are good as long as you don't shake the boat!! | Glassdoor.ca

"You are good as long as you don't shake the boat!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Abebooks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay. Leadership principles. Nice office with great view of the ocean and harbour. Great coffee shop nearby on the harbour.

Cons

You are all good as long as you don't try to shake the boat!! Let it run as it is, do not try to do something adventurous, nobody will bother you. As long as you start trying something new or challenge others to get their job done on time, you are out of this place in the name of "earn trust of the others".

Abebooks2017-07-15

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Challenging, fast-paced environment with room to learn and grow"

I have been working at Abebooks full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

AbeBooks is full of smart people across the tech and business sides of the company and working with them is fun and challenging. As an Amazon subsidiary, we have access to one of the world's most impressive companies for knowledge sharing, training, and career opportunities. RSU compensation is unbeatable in the Victoria job market.

Cons

Limited resources. Like most companies, there is an endless list of things we want to do. Getting the resources to get them done can be a challenge but we have great processes in place to help us prioritize projects and get as much done as possible with the resources we have. Getting creative and bit scrappy to get things out the door can be a fun challenge.

Advice to Management

Continue to learn from employees, seek diverse perspectives, and value inclusion.

Abebooks2019-02-22

"Hypocrisy-filled "Amazon TECH Company" driven by a bunch of white men"

Former Employee - SDE2

I worked at Abebooks full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent office, ok salary, showers in office

Cons

Not a "tech company" Pushes "...an Amazon company" a ton but actually receives no benefits from being an Amazon subsidiary Limited opportunity for growth Despite having a D&I (Diversity and Inclusion) team, upper management is comprised of 100% white male in their mid-30s to 50s Hidden factors in contract - did you know that if you leave within 2 years you need to pay back your signing bonus? Come on... Upper management...

Abebooks2017-11-28

Discover more reviews about Abebooks.