A Thinking Ape - Customer Support Analyst | Glassdoor.ca

"Customer Support Analyst"

Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Vancouver, BC
Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at A Thinking Ape full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Culture, meritocracy, great people, casual environment, lots of fun events

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing a great job!

18 Sep, 2017 – Head of People & Culture

As we continue to grow our team, staying true to our culture is important to us. Working with great people, fostering a casual environment and maintaining a meritocracy are important ways we operate... More

Other Employee Reviews for A Thinking Ape

1. "Was fun"

I worked at A Thinking Ape full-time

Pros

Great office and great hours.

Cons

Not all leadership roles have experience in leading/management.

Advice to Management

Promote equal value among a teams, all employees.

18 Sep, 2017 – Head of People & Culture

Thanks for the feedback. This quarter we are working specifically on building our team lead training program and providing tools to offer more support for our emerging people leaders.

2. "A Place to create your own path"

Current Employee - People Operations in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - People Operations in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at A Thinking Ape full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ATA offers a lot of autonomy over ones work. They focus a lot on building communities within their games and working towards developing best practises on how to do the same for their internal team. ATA cares about its people, and offers many programs to ensure that people are supported. This includes things like having ergonomic workstations, snacks and social events to having frequent and open conversations with team leads/managers about performance and new initiatives. ATA is always striving to improve and is not afraid to fail. The mentality is that you will learn from your mistakes and mistakes can help be better in the future. Its a creative place, where passionate smart people come to work and in an environment where people really care.

Cons

You need to feel comfortable with having lots of autonomy and freedom to make decisions about your work. Career paths are not always clear, and therefore you need to take ownership of the direction you want to move towards and make suggestions for how you want to accomplish those goals.

Advice to Management

Keep asking your teams for feedback. Its great when you do and when you put actionable plans in place for change. Keep working on developing your people, and supporting managers on how best to support their teams.

18 Sep, 2017 – Head of People & Culture

Thanks for the specific feedback. We send out quarterly culture surveys to solicit feedback. It's a great way to get qualitative data from our apes.