A Thinking Ape - Customer Support Analyst | Glassdoor.ca

"Customer Support Analyst"

Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Vancouver, BC
Current Employee - Customer Support Analyst in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at A Thinking Ape full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Culture, meritocracy, great people, casual environment, lots of fun events

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing a great job!

Other Employee Reviews for A Thinking Ape

1. "A Place to create your own path"

Current Employee - People Operations in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - People Operations in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at A Thinking Ape full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ATA offers a lot of autonomy over ones work. They focus a lot on building communities within their games and working towards developing best practises on how to do the same for their internal team. ATA cares about its people, and offers many programs to ensure that people are supported. This includes things like having ergonomic workstations, snacks and social events to having frequent and open conversations with team leads/managers about performance and new initiatives. ATA is always striving to improve and is not afraid to fail. The mentality is that you will learn from your mistakes and mistakes can help be better in the future. Its a creative place, where passionate smart people come to work and in an environment where people really care.

Cons

You need to feel comfortable with having lots of autonomy and freedom to make decisions about your work. Career paths are not always clear, and therefore you need to take ownership of the direction you want to move towards and make suggestions for how you want to accomplish those goals.

Advice to Management

Keep asking your teams for feedback. Its great when you do and when you put actionable plans in place for change. Keep working on developing your people, and supporting managers on how best to support their teams.

2. "The apes are indeed thinking!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at A Thinking Ape full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-So many smart people work here. There is a ton of brainpower, and ATA provides a lot of ways to share that wisdom, some structured, some organic. For instance, I learned about second-order logic from an engineer over a game of lunchtime Sudoku!
    -Literally everyone can make impactful decisions. It doesn't matter what role you fill, if your idea is a good one, you're empowered to put it into action.
    -ATA has a ton of social events. We build communities, and that includes our own internal community. There's no shortage of opportunities to step away from your desk and have fun with your colleagues. Bonus: some really cool ideas emerge from this sort of unstructured collaboration. I'm constantly amazed by what I learn about/from my fellow apes.

Cons

-ATA is made up of a handful of small teams, all of which function like their own startup. While this design has its benefits, it can also foster a sense of separation. And although there are ample opportunities to socialize outside of your team, these chances aren't always leveraged.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency and open lines of communication. The fact that Kenshi is so honest and accessible is awesome and makes everyone on the team feel like they matter.