A Thinking Ape - Love Working Here! | Glassdoor.ca

"Love Working Here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at A Thinking Ape (More than a year)

Pros

- Lots of opportunity to grow and learn. You can move into higher/different roles easily if you are willing to put in the work. Basically, you are rewarded for the work you put in, and there is always more to do if you are willing to.

- Great culture and work environment, weekly catered lunches, fun events, flexible hours, and all-round positive and motivating atmosphere.

Cons

- Probably not the best place to work if you don't like lots of responsibility and having to work at night/the weekend if things are on fire

Advice to Management

- Continue being transparent and honest with your employees, it makes us proud to work here!

Other Employee Reviews for A Thinking Ape

1. "Work with smart people"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at A Thinking Ape full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A Thinking Ape provides a startup environment that is both stimulating and intellectually challenging. Working at A Thinking Ape you have the opportunity to do more than what's asked or what you're currently responsible for in your role. This type of environment fosters personal and professional growth by collaboratively coming up with the best ideas and the best solutions.

- be challenged in your work to come up with the best ideas
    - everyone you talk to is a subject matter expect in their field
    - your feedback and ideas are taken seriously

Cons

It's not a 9 to 5 job

2. "A Happy Ape"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at A Thinking Ape full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I truly enjoy coming to work every day. We have great people here. Whether its crossword puzzles over lunch or learning more about what an engineer or artist is working on, I am always learning from my peers. People share ideas across teams and departments and everyone cares about contributing to make this the best environment possible. You are given the opportunity to grow in the direction that you are interested in and to take full ownership over your work. Also we have great snacks and flexible hours are great!

Cons

The amount of ownership we give can be scary at first and definitely isn't for everyone. You need to be very self-motivated to succeed and be open to giving and receiving a lot of feedback

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing