4 Pillars - Calgary 4 pillars - client care advisor | Glassdoor.ca

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Calgary 4 pillars - client care advisor"

I have been working at 4 Pillars full-time

Pros

I have been working full time for 4 pillars Calgary for over 5 years now and love my job! 4 pillars is a franchise so there are different owners in different territories and I write this review specifically for the Calgary office because I can't speak for other franchises in different territories.
Because of the nature of the work, you are actually making a difference in someone's life when you can have the freedom to give good financial advice to clients, not advice based on reaching quotas or selling products but genuine advice about budgeting and using credit that you would give to your friends or family members. I believe that this is made possible by the management in Calgary because I've always been encouraged to treat others like I would want to be treated. Management not only says that phrase but lives by it and I have full confidence that they will treat me as they would like to be treated themselves. I also appreciate management because although there have been hiccups in the past, they are quick to change and to ask for feedback on improvement. They are also constantly looking for ways to improve benefits and perks for employees.
Secondly, the people who work here are amazing. I love my coworkers and call them friends. The work culture is one where everyone pitches in to help so you know that someone has got your back when you need it.
I have worked at different companies and the work culture at 4 pillars is the best experience I've had thus far in my working career.

Cons

The nature of the industry is subject to constant change so you have to be prepared to adapt and change often. 4 pillars is a small company and it experienced exponential growth in a short period of time so there are policies and procedures that haven't been completely ironed out. In the past, there has been frequent changes to policies and procedures as management adapted to growth and change in industry regulations.
Again, 4 Pillars is a small company so if you're looking to "climb the corporate ladder" there are fewer opportunities for job title advancement. With that being said, there is ALWAYS room for personal improvement and I really believe that you make change by being the change yourself. You can grow in your job role by learning more and if you have a suggestion for improvement, you can create a plan for improvement and management will look at it.

Advice to Management

I have seen a lot of changes made in the past in terms of communication improvement and in the way that policies and procedures are rolled out. I appreciate that you are now asking your employees for feedback through surveys and more regular meetings.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Financial lead specialist"

I worked at 4 Pillars full-time

Pros

Not a lot I can say good about this company.

Cons

Horrible management, very disorganized, treats employees horrible. I would never recommend this company.

Advice to Management

Learn proper procedures and guidelines with regards to the fundamentals in leadership and Human Resources. Also paying respect for those who are hard working.

2. "Truly Helpful"

I worked at 4 Pillars full-time

Pros

We were able to be fully on the side of the client and help them sort out difficult financial situation.

Cons

Debt management can be complicated, and language barriers sometimes made it difficult to explain requirements.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on helping each client. The situations are so different, and it is good to be able to tailor the needed solutions.

Discover more reviews about 4 Pillars.