Emax Financial & Real Estate Advisory, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Feb 4, 2019

Found 11 reviews

4.4
Audrey McGuire
  1. "Great small firm to work for"

Former Employee - Intern

I worked at Emax Financial & Real Estate Advisory, LLC part-time for less than a year

Pros

-flexible hours -room to grow -positive environment

Cons

-limited resources -slow training process -limited company events

Emax Financial & Real Estate Advisory, LLC2019-02-05
  2. "Great Learning Experience with Opportunities for Growth"

Former Employee - Senior Associate/Independent Contractor

I worked at Emax Financial & Real Estate Advisory, LLC part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Emax is a fantastic company to work for. You will not be coddled or subjected to low expectations. On the contrary, you will be given significant responsibilities from day one and will be expected to contribute to the team in meaningful ways. Expect to fail many times, but know that you will never be put in a position where failure is an irreparable mistake. Company leadership provides a support system and encourages...

Cons

Resources can occasionally be stretched thin due to the realities of operating as a small business that must compete for new business while balancing a steady client work load.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower your employees. Try to have more group outings or after work events when possible.

Emax Financial & Real Estate Advisory, LLC2018-06-29
  3. "They are good people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hanford, CA

I worked at Emax Financial & Real Estate Advisory, LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with fidget spinners and be patient with people with a smile

Cons

Had to cash my check with bank and try to figure when ur check was coming

Advice to Management

Great management

Emax Financial & Real Estate Advisory, LLC2017-12-19
  4. "Great Experience for People Who Want to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Emax Financial & Real Estate Advisory, LLC part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been fortunate enough to work with the Emax team for many years. You will be exposed to a number of clients and great experience right out of the gate. Management is extremely knowledgeable and supportive with an open door policy. They are always there to help and guide associates. The team is incredibly fun to work with and even though there is a lot of hard work, there is a lot of laughter. When there are...

Cons

This is a small business and hard work is expected. If you are afraid to ask questions or are hoping to hide behind others, this is not the place for you.

Emax Financial & Real Estate Advisory, LLC2016-03-21
  5. "Junior Partner"

I have been working at Emax Financial & Real Estate Advisory, LLC full-time

Pros

Make my own work schedule

Cons

Commission based income can be difficult

Emax Financial & Real Estate Advisory, LLC2016-02-11
    • "Would not recommend"

Former Employee - New York Employee

I worked at Emax Financial & Real Estate Advisory, LLC full-time

Pros

Decent benefits package (profit sharing, health and transit); exposure to multiple clients.

Cons

Gossip/unprofessional culture reinforced from highest levels; micromanagement of workload; lack of training and development opportunities. Lack of work/life balance for low comp.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees to do their job and empower them to develop. Create a win-win culture and reward hard work. Encourage your employees to be healthy - physically and mentally. Hire better subs.

Emax Financial & Real Estate Advisory, LLC2015-12-08

"Challenging, Rewarding, Supportive, and Educational Work Environment!"

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Emax Financial & Real Estate Advisory, LLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I started with Emax shortly after college and was there for 3+ years until I went to grad school. Being a small company, I was forced to take on different roles, which included direct client interaction from day 1, as well as project management for large contracts and work. The CEO and the leadership team provided a learning and supportive environment to ask questions, while at the same time, encouraging me to take ownership...

Cons

Small environment, so you need to be flexible and willing to take on a variety of tasks. Not for people who want to do the same, routine work on a daily basis.

Emax Financial & Real Estate Advisory, LLC2014-02-08

"Great Company To Broaden Federal Real Estate Experience and Develop Entrepreneurial Skills"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Emax Financial & Real Estate Advisory, LLC full-time

Pros

Although technically a small business, Emax works on large scale projects and is able to successfully compete against large real estate companies. The small business environment at Emax allows you to develop very strong relationships with coworkers and clients. Employees are encouraged to learn about all aspects of the business and participate in different types of projects. The high level of responsibility put on...

Cons

When joining the company, you are expected to hit the ground running. New employees are expected to learn the deals quickly and immediately contribute to projects.

Emax Financial & Real Estate Advisory, LLC2014-02-06

"Work Hard and Play Hard"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Emax Financial & Real Estate Advisory, LLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great smart people who care about getting ahead. Really hard working tight nit group of dedicated people working on a team supporting each other. Management really cares about the clients and the quality of the work. Great ability to advance quickly and increase pay. Access to clients and ability to show your potential. Beautiful office space.

Cons

If you can't work collaboratively this is not the place for you.

Emax Financial & Real Estate Advisory, LLC2014-02-06
    • "Great place to work and got me to a top MBA school"

Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Emax Financial & Real Estate Advisory, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wow what can I say - amazing people and fascinating deals to work on! Supportive CEO who mentored me to do my best. Really hard working people who care greatly about what they do. As a young Associate fresh out of college I can not believe the opportunity given to me. My professors at school want to contract with the company. Long hours during the week but close to no weekend work.

Cons

Because it is small sometimes you have to wear a lot of different hats. You need to take initiative and work with senior professionals at different locations.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and thank you to the CEO for all your advice and support.

Found 11 reviews