Ellucian "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Ellucian Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jul 16, 2019

Found 582 reviews

3.6
Ellucian CEO Laura Ipsen
Laura Ipsen
Pros
Cons
  • "Moving to cloud was a very confusing rhing, did not have proper organisation(in 23 reviews)

• "The volume of work can make keeping a healthy work-life balance in place(in 22 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Project Manager quite possibly the worst job in the entire company"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Ellucian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay among the highest of project management professionals; remote work environment,

Cons

pressure to rack up billable hours; fully accountable for an unmanageable amount of projects; continued lip service about work life balance;

Advice to Management

Stop thinking in terms of billable hours for a project manager. Go to fixed price for the project management--we almost NEVER went under budget on project management and it was so difficult to go back to the client and ask for more -- usually do to Ellucian's mismanagement, underselling, software issues, constant turnover

Ellucian2019-06-26
  2. "Application Security Engineer"

Current Employee - Applications Security Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Awesome place to work and learn about DevSecOps. - Highly skilled/technical co-workers in Dev and QA streams. - Clear road map for all product development - Strong leadership and management team - Great work life balance with work from home options available.

Cons

- Annual company hikes can be improved

Ellucian2019-06-01

"Best employer I have worked for."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been employed by Ellucian for 20 years in three different organizations, so I have a broad perspective. Over the years I have experienced many of the pros and cons other reviewers have mentioned. To be fair, I have worked at several other companies, large and small, and Ellucian is still the best employer I have worked for. The benefits and pay are at least comparable to, if not better than, other companies....

Cons

Sometimes the workload is heavy, but it is not constant. There is not a consistent experience across organizations. I have found that the Technology Management/Managed Services organization seems to be somewhat disconnected from the rest of the company because those employees are located at a customer site, and it is difficult to feel connected to the company when university management is front and center.

Advice to Management

Invest in improving the quality and features of your existing products. This will help keep customers happy with their decision to invest in us. And invest in your people – turnover costs you more than you think.

Ellucian2019-04-17

"A Lot of Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The Product Management team knows Higher Education and continues to produce solutions that are flexible, but solve real world problems. Almost everyone at the company is focused on helping institutions, and in turn students, succeed. There is a positive vibe across the entire organization because of the momentum the company sustains. Product knowledge inside a global organization allows you to take your career in different...

Cons

The volume of work can make keeping a healthy work-life balance in place. Too much time on the road also makes staying in good health tough.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, but maybe with a few more people.

Ellucian2019-04-15
  5. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Consultant in Reston, VA

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Pace of Innovation; Solely Focused on Higher Education; Supports a health work/life balance for employees; Supports employees gaining new skillsets and exploring new positions within the company.

Cons

Cannot think of any cons at the moment.

Advice to Management

Kaizen is a Japanese business philosophy of continuous improvement of working practices, personal efficiency, etc. We can continue to lead the marketplace by keeping this concept at the forefront. Overall, I love working for Ellucian!!

Ellucian2019-04-15
  6. "associate developer"

I have been working at Ellucian full-time

Pros

has good work life balance

Cons

all good , may meet the requirements

Ellucian2019-03-06
  7. "Amazing Company with great values and great business sense!!"

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working at Ellucian for less than 1 year. So far my journey has been really awesome. The workload is high but exciting and work life balance is really good as well. The company motivates their employees a lot and share ideas and vision with everyone on quarterly basis. Great company to work for!!

Cons

Benefits could be better (Health benefits) as well as vacation time

Ellucian2019-02-15

"Too much work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Remote, OR

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great flexibility to work remotely, decent benefits

Cons

Too much work where everything needs to be figured out by the individual. No training on internal products makes it even more difficult. Help is hard to find as managers are over whelmed with work load similarly. No work life balance.

Ellucian2019-03-12
  9. "Good Place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Cloud Ops Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunities to learn, freedom to innovate, good work life balance

Cons

Nothing that important noticed till now

Ellucian2019-02-07

"Great culture and enjoyable place to work"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Reston, VA

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture with terrific people who support and seem to genuinely care about each another. I have not worked at a company where people are so willing to help each other. The mission of supporting higher education is personally gratifying and people have conviction in the good of what customers are doing which helps breed this culture. The company does a good job of supporting employees and creating an environment that...

Cons

The industry (higher education) as a whole can tend to be late adopters, so the technology is not always on the cutting edge, although it is impactful. Because the industry is changing, Ellucian is having to adapt too, which sometimes leads to turnover of good people who have been at the company for a while. But it’s the right thing to do and management is doing well in managing through changes.

Advice to Management

Keep on the path – new management that has been brought in the past couple of year have been good additions. Now is the time to let consistency take hold so the company can stay focused a clear direction and execute.

Ellucian2019-01-31