Found 3,257 of over 78K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "'Generally the people here are great and eager to help if you ever have a question." (in 4176 reviews)
- "Good culture have a very flat structure where you will work directly with the senior managements" (in 2567 reviews)
- "Good benefits and a well organized office (the one I was associated with)." (in 1722 reviews)
- "Friendly Colleagues: Colleagues are friendly and they are ready to assist you anytime when you need help" (in 1301 reviews)
- "EY overall is an exiting place to be right now and there are some great teams." (in 1235 reviews)
- "No work life balance and you are expected to work 20 hours a day during peak season" (in 6345 reviews)
- "hours are long and travel (if you don't want to) is sometimes unavoidable." (in 3636 reviews)
- "Overworked (working late hours and weekends)" (in 2863 reviews)
- "Salary is low and we are not focused and specialized on specific subjects (IT Advisory)" (in 2475 reviews)
- "low pay (above average though) and people could be nicer (not just to your face)" (in 1692 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of EY and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "long working hours"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Aug 30, 2014Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Managers and Partners are very supportive. We work as a team to close the engagement off. Proper training and advises were provided when we request from the Managers.
Long working hours and there is no air conditioned after working hour despite we are working late.
- 4.0Feb 14, 2017Anonymous InternFormer Intern
Its a global firm with chances for secondment if one so desires.
Long working hours during the audit peak and relatively low pay for the hours worked.
- 5.0Jan 19, 2014Senior ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsAl Bida‘
Rich experience with a high fast learning curve, where you always thrive to give more and learn more.
Meeting tight deadlines and long working hours but the experience and teaming pays off the hard work1
- 5.0Aug 12, 2016Audit AssistantFormer Employee, more than 1 year
All embracing culture and great opportunity to soak in the many various industry models and understanding its operations within a short period of time. Excellent stepping stone to the next career jump if you're looking at one.
Long working hours especially during peak period but still manageable if you are very productive and efficient in your workflow.
- 5.0Aug 20, 2021Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSingapore
Ernst and Young is a great place to be in. Nice environment, kind and helpful colleagues
It can be pretty overwhelming during peak period. Extremely long working hours and short handed but you have nice colleagues so it’s bearable
- 4.0Sept 1, 2011Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
The career oportunities and development out weigh the long hours if you are determined and hard working
more work than the average job entails
- 5.0Aug 12, 2021Fraud InvestigatorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsMumbai
Good learning curve and excellent Career Progression Great work environment and helpful seniors. The work experience one gets is really the best
The owrking hours are extremely long and one has to work even after working hours. During holidays also you invariably have to to keep working. The salaries are not comensurate to the work put in1
- 5.0Sept 26, 2019Business Development Account ExecutiveFormer Intern, more than 1 year
Its a great environment. There have a great system there like mentors who help guide your career especially if you just starting out. You can learn a lot in short space of time and I would recommend the company
Working hours are long and its always a busy and upbeat place so you may have no or little social life
- 4.0Oct 9, 2010Anonymous EmployeeCurrent EmployeeNew York, NY
It is really satisfactory to serve worlds best companies as part of Ernst and Young New York and the view of time square from the EY building is really stunning.
Long hours working is some time really hectic and in most of the cases it is a main reason of de-motivation in Ernst and Young.1
- 4.0Sept 7, 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent EmployeeNew York, NY
good work life balance; lots of benefits including 401k match and pension benefits; perk of traveling with points; get to see different cities
lots of travel; long hours working during the week; sometimes working weekends; stressful high-paced environment; time away from home friends and family