EY Employee Reviews about "hours during busy"
77% would recommend to a friend
(680 total reviews)
Carmine Di Sibio
85% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "'Generally the people here are great and eager to help if you ever have a question." (in 4176 reviews)
- "Good culture have a very flat structure where you will work directly with the senior managements" (in 2567 reviews)
- "Good benefits and a well organized office (the one I was associated with)." (in 1722 reviews)
- "Friendly Colleagues: Colleagues are friendly and they are ready to assist you anytime when you need help" (in 1301 reviews)
- "EY overall is an exiting place to be right now and there are some great teams." (in 1235 reviews)
- "No work life balance and you are expected to work 20 hours a day during peak season" (in 6345 reviews)
- "hours are long and travel (if you don't want to) is sometimes unavoidable." (in 3636 reviews)
- "Overworked (working late hours and weekends)" (in 2863 reviews)
- "Salary is low and we are not focused and specialized on specific subjects (IT Advisory)" (in 2475 reviews)
- "low pay (above average though) and people could be nicer (not just to your face)" (in 1692 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of EY and is not affected by filters.
Found 680 of over 78K reviews
Updated Dec 7, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "hours during busy"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Aug 24, 2017Staff AccountantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearChicago, IL
Working with very bright individuals who are eager to learn and managers that are eager to teach.
Long hours during busy season and sometimes the client isn't appreciative of our work.
- 4.0Sept 9, 2015ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsToronto, ON
Great job opportunities and experiences - lots of growth prospects
long hours during busy season and stress linked to tight timelines and sometimes unrealistic expectations regarding the time required to complete tasks
- 5.0May 26, 2016Staff AccountantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearChicago, IL
If you're going to be a CPA you are going to face terrible hours regardless of your employer during busy season, but EY tries to help as much as possible with managing a work/life balance. There's a lot of flexibility, great benefits, and the people are great.
The hours are long during busy season but there isn't really a way around that.
- 4.0Oct 25, 2015Audit Senior ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsCayman Palms
Valuable experience in the financial services industry and leadership do actively encourage career development whilst also promoting self development through on the job coaching.
Difficult work life balance given the excessive number of hours which are incurred during the busy period. This could be resolved through increased levels of performance based compensation.
- 4.0Apr 16, 2022Tax Senior ICurrent Employee
Coaching/mentoring environment where you feel very supported and inspired to keeping learning and coaching others
Long hours (including late nights and weekends) during traditional busy seasons that also bleed into the rest of the year
- 4.0May 30, 2008Audit StaffCurrent EmployeeChicago, IL
I enjoy working at Ernst & Young because I feel that I am getting a lot of experience with various clients. I also really like the people I work with and feel that they are very helpful and friendly. I also like the structure of the company and that you can grow within the company fairly quickly.
Some of the downsides of working for Ernst & Young are longer hours and stress levels during busy season.
- 4.0Aug 12, 2021Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Great learning opportunities, good flexibility and work environment. Working with high performing colleagues and good recognition.
Poor working hours during busy season (however this is improving) and below market rate pay.
- 4.0Aug 12, 2015Audit ExecutiveCurrent EmployeeManchester, England
Qualifications paid for by the firm Exposure to varied industries across the UK Staff Opportunities for progression
The Work life balance is poor and you can be expected work significantly long hours during busy periods Audit department is typically short staffed all year round meaning you are always working under pressured deadlines
- 5.0Nov 23, 2015Corporate Tax InternFormer Employee, less than 1 yearNew York, NY
Great learning experience and opportunity. Wish to go back.
Long hours during busy season (But thats expected and wasn't that bad when your busy)
- 4.0May 31, 2017Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Great Education program. Loved working in assurance and the exposure that I received to large publicly traded companies
Long hours were tough during busy season but overall it was worth it when we received down time in the summer