EY Employee Reviews about "good working environment"
77% would recommend to a friend
(747 total reviews)
Carmine Di Sibio
85% approve of CEO
Found 747 of over 78K reviews
Updated Dec 7, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about EY
The Work-Life Bowl
3 years ago
I’m 24 and just started my career at EY as a consultant. I feel good about the salary I make, work I do, and where I’m at in my career. My personal life also has a ton of fulfillment and truly makes me so happy. That being said, I have a high school classmate and close friend who was in IB and just started his own hedge fund type of business after leaving his big bank job. I feel like I’m falling behind. He’s probably going to end up a millionaire fast. I try not to compare but can’t hell mtseld
a month ago
I work for a company in Calgary, Canada, with an annual salary of 76,000 CAD. Surprisingly, after just one week of work, I received a paycheck for $1,653, which is more than I anticipated for a week's pay after taxes. The pay slip didn't clearly explain the details, so I'm seeking insights into why this might be. EY KPMG Deloitte
a month ago
Can we have a conversation? The general consensus is that clients don’t want to spend as much on consulting as in the past either due to the current economic downturn or not seeing the same value as once before. If true, what can bring consulting forward again? If you feel different, what is your view? EY Deloitte PwC McKinsey & Company Boston Consulting Group KPMG Accenture
Got a burning question about EY? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with EY employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "'Generally the people here are great and eager to help if you ever have a question." (in 4176 reviews)
- "Good culture have a very flat structure where you will work directly with the senior managements" (in 2567 reviews)
- "Good benefits and a well organized office (the one I was associated with)." (in 1722 reviews)
- "Friendly Colleagues: Colleagues are friendly and they are ready to assist you anytime when you need help" (in 1301 reviews)
- "EY overall is an exiting place to be right now and there are some great teams." (in 1235 reviews)
- "No work life balance and you are expected to work 20 hours a day during peak season" (in 6345 reviews)
- "hours are long and travel (if you don't want to) is sometimes unavoidable." (in 3636 reviews)
- "Overworked (working late hours and weekends)" (in 2863 reviews)
- "Salary is low and we are not focused and specialized on specific subjects (IT Advisory)" (in 2475 reviews)
- "low pay (above average though) and people could be nicer (not just to your face)" (in 1692 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of EY and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "good working environment"Return to all Reviews
- 2.0Dec 22, 2020Spring InternFormer Intern, less than 1 yearAdmiralty
You will be have a training before the intern started. You may have to handle some basic documents and some worksheet assigned by the seniors, you can try different audit workdone depends on team assignment.
The relationship between colleagues is quite far, and the class concept is so tight in their mind. I do not have a very good experience when working in my team and I think it is quite stressful to work in such environment. The life in audit team is very hard and seniors are so tired. You may not have much time to ask every time.
- 3.0Apr 21, 2021Risk AnalystFormer Intern, less than 1 yearToronto, ON
good working environment and supplies
no work-life balance, intensive work pressure. Heavily depends on the manager and team