Dun & Bradstreet Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.2
Dun & Bradstreet President/CEO Stephen Daffron, Anthony Jabbour
Stephen Daffron, Anthony Jabbour

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work-life balance helped by flexibility to work from home" (in 103 reviews)

• "Employee work life- company does allow employees flexibility to work/work from home" (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • "Nothing out of the ordinary at D&B but just be aware that transformation does entail ongoing change :)" (in 62 reviews)

• "Work pressure, no work life balance" (in 24 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A great company to build your career with a delightful highly intelligent group of individuals"

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - National Account Manager in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic work life balance
    Great training
    Flexibility
    Thoughtful management
    Highly intelligent and hardworking coworkers

Cons

Extremely difficult to leave because you are treated so well.
    Truthfully, I cannot think of any cons.

6 Feb, 2019 – Global Head Of Talent

I'm so glad you're enjoying your experience with us thus far, and that you are so satisfied with the caliber of your coworkers and management, as well as the initiatives we have in place to foster... More

2. "Best leaders, management and team collaboration in my 25 years"

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet (More than a year)

Pros

Consistently working towards building a better company for its customers, employees and really cares about the world

Cons

Direction changes so quickly that technology could not keep up - the industry wants 100% viability - which data is impossible

Advice to Management

Engage all internal resources, youd be surprised by the talent - Women are important too

"manager"

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time

Pros

previous was great benefits, salary and culture

Cons

New ownership. Layoffs. terrible culture

14 Mar, 2019 – Global Head Of Talent

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback for us. Transforming a company comes with its challenges, and while we have made progress on our culture, we know that there is always room to... More

4. "Director Data Acquisition"

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time

Pros

Strong Company with strong investors

Cons

Little room for career growth in Canada

Advice to Management

Continue doing what your doing

28 Jan, 2019 – Global Head Of Talent

Thanks for sharing your positive impressions on work at D&B in Canada. Career advancement and growth is something that we know is important to so many people. Please consider reaching out to your... More

5. "Needs to evolve"

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Pay is competitive, in my area there is lots of opportunity
    -Certain lines of business are well known in market
    -DUNS number is a strong competitive advantage (for now)
    -Some top execs, and a fair amount of new employees, understand the need to evolve and change to be a modern company with leading products.
    -Work from home and casual dress code
    -Get to work with customers on some cool projects, involving leading tech vendors like Salesforce, Oracle, SAP, Microsoft, etc

Cons

-Tons of policies and procedures for every little thing; finance and sales ops rule the roost here
    -Massive internal resistance to change or any outside the box thinking in middle management and product management. "That's the way we have always done it" is D&B's internal motto.
    -Lack of strategy for both products and data. Some people have ideas on where to take the strategy but by and large they are just trying to draw more and more blood from a stone and extract higher prices from a declining database.
    -Stuck with terrible divisions like D&B Credibility Corp (Inside Sales). Credibility is the group that sells "credit reputation insurance" for lack of a better word, to small businesses, and is a massively problematic sales culture and terrible worthless product. It kills the brand name, but it makes money and they can't afford to let it go. It's a massive problem.
    -Existential threat to the data product - what happens when Google or another third party releases their version of the DUNS?
    -Massive competition to products and data on the low end from competitors who are way better at marketing
    -Incredibly and needlessly complex set of products. Outdated products are not sunset and there will be 3-7 tiers or versions of each product, each with a confusing feature set and with different data, there is no product strategy for each line of business. Sales specialists and product teams who are supposed to support general salespeople are not up to date on the differences or products in general - but how could they be?

Advice to Management

D&B is in a tough spot. Reading the reviews on Glassdoor and looking at the company's history, it has probably been in a tough spot for 10+ years with similar problems. The company is trying to pivot to be modern, transform the products and data set, and deliver more value to customers. The problem is these changes needed to happen 10+ years ago and now D&B is playing catch up which is a dangerous treadmill to run on. There is massive internal resistance to change and a desire to hide heads in the sand and just hope things will improve.

My advice would be to go all in on a company transformation, make it explicit that it is get on board or ship out, and begin trying to lead the market in exciting directions. Do this by developing new data assets and improving existing ones massively through large investments.

That said, it's still an interesting company in an interesting industry, and if you find a good team it can be valuable. In general I like working at D&B, I just want it to be better and it could happen.

14 Nov, 2018 – Global Head Of Talent

First of all, thank you very much for sharing such a lengthy review and touching upon so many aspects of our business and culture. We take this feedback very seriously, particularly from someone such... More

6. "Credit Intern"

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people here. Friendly work environment. No overtimes.

Cons

The tasks are the same everyday, a little boring.

Advice to Management

N/A

7. "Relationship Manager"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Dun & Bradstreet (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good work/life balance for employees

Cons

limited growth opportunities can be frustrating

Advice to Management

Pay your top talent their true worth

"D&B Going Downhill Very Quickly"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Most colleagues are experienced and very good at what they do
    - Team environment
    - Above average pay

Cons

- Most positions are high stress
    - Adversarial relationship with customers, taking unethical approaches to new business / retention is not discouraged
    - Discriminatory decisions by management
    - Ruthless focused on decreasing headcount irrelevant of accomplishments
    - Long-term development no longer a priority.
    - Greater automation in the sales process and delivery cycle means further headcount reductions in the next 3-5 years.

Advice to Management

Make your employees priority. Senior leadership have clearly made their focus on eliminating headcount, reducing opportunities for growth and development, and enabling a discriminatory environment.

"It was good"

Pros

Nice tight knit team. Extra activities. It was fun to have to face challenges with a team that would be like a family. Good training opportunities. Nice reward system but it all changed.

Cons

The focus of the management changed from the well being of employee to the well being of the money.

Advice to Management

Caring about employee gives you more solid results that retain for a longer time. Caring about the results and pushing for it is exhausting for employees and for the company ultimately.

10. "Good people to work with"

I worked at Dun & Bradstreet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It has a good good environment.

Cons

There's a lot of sales pressure.

Advice to Management

training should be provided