Dude Solutions Reviews

Updated May 15, 2022

Found 337 of over 344 reviews

3.4
Dude Solutions CEO and Executive Chairman Kevin Kemmerer (no image)
Kevin Kemmerer
Pros
  • "Good work/life balance and lots of good teams(in 33 reviews)

• "Great benefits, work life balance and the quality folks to work alongside(in 21 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Growing company with growing pains, however 2020 seems to have started with a lot of excitement and a unified vision on how to move forward(in 20 reviews)

• "Hence, software engineers who care about being treated like adults need not apply to work at Dude Solutions(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

57 Comments

Tech

205.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Dude Solutions~879994
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Dude Solutions and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Nice

Sep 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice it’s awesome so yeah

Cons

Nothing comes to mind at all

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

It’s ok

Feb 1, 2021 - Project Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work but too much staff on dury

Cons

Lors of ot hours available if you are willing to work night

1 person found this review helpful

VP, Human Resources

Thank you for your review!

3. 1.0
      Former Employee

Clean up required

Feb 7, 2021 - Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

the previous CEO is not there anymore

Cons

His sycophants are still there

6 people found this review helpful

VP, Human Resources

Thank you for your review.

4. 1.0

Approach At Your Own Risk

Sep 26, 2019 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

You MUST read the recent reviews before you come here (in Engineering). "Not a software company" and "Lots of potential with lack of direction within Engineering". Even the older "The incompetence is strong with this one." Just… ditto I, however, have a great team, a stable and productive team (no - voluntary - turnover issues in our small pocket of the Dude). We work well together, we support one another. We work on a great product. So why the one star only? Because we work well together IN SPITE of the Dude, not because of the Dude. And sometimes it is a difficult struggle.

Cons

Over the past several years, the Dude has eliminated some significant roles to service our clients; the Dude lost a good person (No, Ed, documenting issues and going to HR doesn’t do anything) in the name of constant re-organization. I took on the additional work for our team. First lesson: being very good at what you do, working hard, and being an essential part of a team doesn’t guarantee job security at the Dude. And in related news – watch out for that offshoring. Second lesson: stepping in and taking on additional required work is SO not rewarded. After two years of practically begging for assistance due to my overwhelming load, they FINALLY announced that the team is getting a new hire. Is it the desperately needed role? Nope, in the Dude way, instead we get yet another layer of management.

8 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks for the review. We continue to work on improving a number of areas of the company. I support the direction that engineering leadership is trying to go. We have made some solid additions to the team and will continue to work on things. Is it perfect? Nope. Will it ever be? Nope. Do I believe our entire engineering tribe is operating with best intentions? Yep. Two thoughts. Tag me or Steve or Van for a coffee with a list of actionable ideas on what you would do to improve things. Or, if you would rather, slide the list under my door anonymously. Thanks for the work you and your team do. Ed

5. 1.0

I am exhausted.

Feb 25, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

This job pays the bills.

Cons

This job does not spark joy. It should be gently thanked. Then thrown out. But. It pays the bills. It makes sure I don’t get cavities. It buys my kids gifts on Christmas. Never mind that every second I spend working here is agonizing. The politics. The ignorance. The delusions of glory. I know there’s a better place out there. A happier place. A more genuine place. A place where my talents are going to be appreciated. Fear grips me from finding it. Who will pay the bills?
 What will I do when I get cavities? How will I tell my kids there’s no Christmas this year? So I stay. And I stay quiet. Because. Bills need to get paid. Healthy teeth and gums are important. Christmas needs to happen. Never mind that my spirit is slowly dying. So stay away. If you value your soul. Unless you are ready to drink the Kool-Aid.

10 people found this review helpful

CEO

I have been there myself with a few jobs. Certainly not the company we are trying to build here! I hope you see something in our future that reinvigorates you. If you ever want to sit down and have a cup of coffee in a cone of safety, let me know. Life is way too short to feel this way about the place you practice your craft 40 hours a week. Ed

6. 2.0

Process Over People

Dec 7, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

This may be a good stepping stone if you are fresh out of college, or just starting out in technology (or just not serious about your career). There is absolutely no danger of being over-worked, or working at a fast pace! Put a year of experience on your resume and move on to a real software development company. You will have a greater appreciation of any well-run / capable organization in your future. This is a good place to learn what not to do.

Cons

On the flip side, this is not a good fit if you are capable, knowledgeable and experienced. They just hire consultants with knowledge and experience to do the actual work. From HR through management, they do not understand what professionalism is. It is all PROCESS over PEOPLE. Process rules.

17 people found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Current Employee

The incompetence is strong with this one.

Dec 7, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Younglings, younglings, gather 'round. The ineptidude clouds everything. Impossible to see the future is.

Cons

Management is unprofessional and inexperienced. There are lots of organizational changes, but no one seems to have a clear view of "The Future". They have tons of meetings to talk about it, but only come out of those meetings and do nothing. Overall, there is a huge lack of accountability throughout the organization. There is never a clear picture of who is in charge.

22 people found this review helpful
    8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Break Down the Silos

Apr 19, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly team and great benefits. Very welcoming to new hires. There are some very talented people working here and I appreciate them.

Cons

Each department seems to work in a silo. We need more communication across the departments and sometimes even the verticals. When travelling the requirement to share a room with same sex staff is off putting. We're adults and should not have to share living space.

3 people found this review helpful
    9. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Not too good for India

May 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are good with hybrid function.

Cons

* Not interested in retaining employees * Actively hiring for multiple roles but want to cater only to referral employees from leadership. * Closed all the growth loops for former employees in the organization.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good but there’s more room for improvement

Apr 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, leadership looks after the staffs, team encouragements is great, career opportunity is good.

Cons

Responses from leaderships and managers are slow. So teams will need to make something up to move forward even though it is confirmed it will be replace entirely.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    Viewing 1 - 10 of 337 Reviews

Dude Solutions Reviews FAQs

Dude Solutions has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 344 reviews left anonymously by employees. 62% of employees would recommend working at Dude Solutions to a friend and 46% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Dude Solutions employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Dude Solutions. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

62% of Dude Solutions employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Dude Solutions 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Dude Solutions Job Seekers