DraftKings Employee Reviews about "dk"

Updated Feb 3, 2020

4.3
DraftKings CEO Jason Robins
Jason Robins
Pros
  • "Work environment, benefits, promotional potential, compensation(in 14 reviews)

• "I've been at DK for over a year and a half and it has flown by(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons for this company at all(in 6 reviews)

• "Everyone works very long hours, but that's just part of the job(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "dk"

Return to all Reviews

"Smart, Nerdy, and Fun People!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at DraftKings full-time for more than a year

Pros

Laughing and having this much fun around people I work with makes such a big difference. The people here are incredibly gifted. I’ve worked with go-to people at some of the best companies in the country (Google, Netflix, Facebook) but the people at DK are dedicated and the innovation of our technology keeps the people happy. Love the decision I made as I strongly believe this is a premier employer for all men and women in Boston.

Cons

We’re defining an industry so expectations as an employee are high but that was made clear early in conversations before I joined. If you’re looking to make a difference like Uber/Airbnb/Netflix did early on, look no further for a fun grind. If you want a 9-5, look somewhere else.

Senior Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your positive review. We're happy to read how much you are enjoying working at DraftKings. We are here to support your career needs. Please do not hesitate to reach out to your manager or HR Business Partner with feedback to improve your DraftKings experience. Jason

"Huge DraftKings Fan"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at DraftKings full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been at DK for over a year and a half and it has flown by. What drew me originally to the company was how amazing the culture seemed... I wanted to work somewhere that was growing quickly in a new industry, and that is definitely what I got. Even though growth has been rapid, it is evident to employees how hard HR is working to continue to promote the culture that I fell in love with when first interviewing. We have monthly All-Hands meetings so we are kept up to date on everything happening in our industry, Lunch & Learns to deep dive into different departments and how they contribute to success, and daily Internal Comms in our slack channels with news/updates/spotlights featuring employees. As a female working in the tech industry people often ask me if I notice the large gender gap here. While it is evident when in a room full of employees that the crowd is spotted with women... it doesn't feel that way on a day to day basis (for me anyway). I notice women stepping into leading roles in all aspects of the business, transforming DK into a more diverse workplace. The quick answer - DraftKings is an awesome place to work. The people are by far the best part... being able to say that I have friends in different sectors of the business is huge for a growing company. We have fun workplace events, great perks (mani/pedis, massages, haircuts, blowouts, game nights, yoga, happy hours on Fridays with catered food), and all around the best culture. As a business we are working out some kinks but I can only see us continuing on the upward path we are on.

Cons

Honestly, not many cons to note. It is hard to complain when you like coming into work everyday (or at least most days). The only thing I'd say is while we do promote internal mobility - we also need to make sure we are paying employees the right amount for that job that they move into, not just a little bump or a tiny raise... they should be paid as if they were coming in as an external candidate. Staying competitive with internal mobility is super important!

Recruitment Marketing Specialist

We appreciate your thoughtful and thorough review. We agree that our culture makes DraftKings unique and is the secret sauce for attracting great talent as we continue to grow. Inclusion, Equity + Belonging is a team effort, and Vanessa is open to hearing from all employees regarding their feedback on improving our diversity. We're happy to read that you are enjoying our benefits and perks. Let us know if you want to see additional perks added to your DraftKings experience. Thank you again for your great review and continue to provide us your feedback to make DraftKings an excellent company for all. Jason

3. "Proud to be at DraftKings"

Current Employee - Data Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at DraftKings full-time for less than a year

Pros

- DK Perks - Amazing work culture - Wonderful People

Cons

- Employee Recognition needs some improvement but I know we are working on it so nothing really.

Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your positive review. We are happy to have you at DraftKings and let us know how we can better support your career growth. Jason

4. "Amazing company with an incredible opportunity in front of us!"

5.0

I have been working at DraftKings full-time

Pros

Draftkings has surprised me in the best possible ways at every turn since I’ve started here. The culture is fun and people really seem to enjoy spending time with each other. There is a great deal of freedom to socialize and build camaraderie while being balanced with a commitment from everyone to work hard and get things done. The leadership team seems to really care about the people there and wants to ensure that people are happy, motivated and are given the opportunity to work on interesting work. The potential upside here is unparalleled. I have the opportunity to work with smart, friendly people who are driven, passionate about succeeding and who are great to work with. I feel strongly that this is the next big company in Boston and am really excited about working here. Pay and benefits are very good. They also offer 12 weeks maternity leave, tons of free perks (mani/pedi/onsite barber/massages/great food) and have a solid 401k match. I also feel compelled to share that I am not someone who considers watching sports or playing fantasy sports as hobbies. I am also a woman. When I first joined I was a concerned that both of those things might create obstacles to my success here or that I wouldn’t fit in. I’m glad to say that these things are not must haves and that the company is working hard to hire people who bring differences in thought and opinion. I’m so glad that I made the decision to come work for DK.

Cons

The office space presents challenges for serendipitous interactions with people outside of your department because we are spread out on multiple floors at the moment. That’s changing with our new one floor office that we are moving to early next year. It’s a high growth company so there’s a lot of work to be done. If you’re not ready to roll up your sleeves and make an impact or be held accountable for results it’s probably not the place for you.

Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We're happy that we exceeded your expectations. We have made tremendous strides to maintain and improve upon our culture. We're bringing in the right talent that will set DraftKings up to succeed at our rapid pace of growth. We couldn't agree more, DraftKings is positioned to be the next big Technology company in Boston. Employees like yourself will help us achieve this feat. You pointed out something interesting in your review. You don't have to be a sports fan to work at DraftKings. We look for employees who use creative, technical, and analytical skills to solve unique problems. We are committed to continued investment in our employees, and in turn to making DraftKings a top Technology company. Thank you again for your review. Thank you, Jason

"Company growing, employees leaving"

Former Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA

I worked at DraftKings full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cool space, product is unbelievable to be apart of

Cons

HR is completely missing. Employee after employee is leaving and no one is saying why. From my first day not one member of the HR team remains within the company. They have no process for growth. Favorites are picked and moved around the company on thrones. Hours are spent working at home, off hours and they can’t even hand out a holiday bonus??? I have worked the last 4 thanksgivings, Christmas and New Year’s Eve. All I get was a holiday party done in the office steps away from my desk with an after party at a bar. Without an HR overall DK will be in the headlines soon

DraftKings Response

Thank you for your 3+ years of hard work and dedication to DraftKings and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. As you witnessed, the company experienced significant growth and change over that time. The DraftKings People team, like the company, has changed a great deal as well. Over the past year, we have invested meaningfully in our People, Talent and Workplace Experience teams in order to support the company and our employees through our rapid growth. Admittedly, we are not perfect, and we won't always get it right, but we are committed to providing an environment that allows our employees to do their best work, grow their careers, and have fun while doing it. We again thank you for helping DraftKings to succeed and wish you the best in your future endeavors. Thanks, Graham

6. "Review for DK"

I have been working at DraftKings full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work environment, Experienced team, Always trying to do something new, Technology oriented. They have great culture at Draftkings.

Cons

Sometime I feel like some of the people at DK have bossy behaviors and I feel bad about that,

"A company w/ a heart learning how to share it's greatness in more meaningful ways"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at DraftKings full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Incredible level of engagement. The people who work here want DK to succeed because they truly love it here. -Everyone will take the time to help you succeed, even if you have no clout yet, i.e. new hires, interns, etc. -Wonderfully diametrically opposed to what you'd expect with sports tech: Thoughtful vs. gut reactions, caring vs. "bulldoze everyone to get what you need," etc. -A very unique perks culture, i.e. people trading onsite barber slots for a the fully-paid massage slot on Slack is very commonplace.

Cons

-Growing so quickly that there we have to play 'musical conference rooms.' That being said, employees are very respectful of each other vs. typical 'stare downs' and glares from the other side of the glass.

Continue reading

"Amazing If You Drink The DK Kool-Aid"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at DraftKings full-time for more than a year

Pros

Perks can be pretty cool including tickets to games and chances to meet players from time to time. 95% of the people are amazing, but there are a few individuals who lack scruples and they seem to be the ones making decisions. The co-founders are wonderful and their vision is great.

Cons

DraftKings is great while you're there and you're drinking the DK Kool-Aid, but the truth is that there is a rampant sexism/harassment problem that is continuously swept under the rug by HR. Promotions are often political and not earned. As far as compensation goes, personally I was paid at just over 50% of my market value and I know I'm far from the only one who was underpaid.

Continue reading

"Fun, Open Working Environment"

Former Employee - Customer Support in Boston, MA

I worked at DraftKings part-time for more than a year

Pros

Some like to complain about the "Bro" Culture at DraftKings, but I never once saw or experienced that. DK takes care of its employees and is always offering opportunities to grow your career

Cons

Some of the upper management employees simply will not accept when they're wrong.

"Copywriter"

Former Employee - Copywriter in Allston, MA

I worked at DraftKings full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of autonomy, creativity, great team and great people. The people who work here are amazing people who buy in to the vision.

Cons

The site currently states $76-78K as the compensation at DK for a copywriter, and that is just not true, laughable, in fact. I ultimately had to leave because I couldn't afford to work there anymore. This is a very difficult company for any creative professional looking for fair compensation.

Found 15 reviews