DraftKings Reviews

Found 214 of over 240 reviews

4.4
DraftKings CEO Jason Robins
Jason Robins
Pros
  • "Fun work environment, (miss seeing the team each day since WFH started)(in 16 reviews)

• "There are great people to work with in the company(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "And it also isn’t sure what it will become in the future - is it a sports company(in 8 reviews)

• "Not much of a work/life balance(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Not just the best in the industry... one of the best, period

Mar 31, 2021 - Senior Revenue Operations Analyst in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-One of the best possible landing spots for anyone with a passion for working in sports. -Even non-sports fan employees can enjoy the still-ascending trajectory of the company, great benefits, and good inter- and intra-departmental mobility. -Surrounded by teammates who know what they're doing and make me want to be better. -Still has a lot of the scrappy startup DNA without being trite or cliché. -Tremendous upside for company growth as sports betting is legalized in more states. -Intellectually stimulating environment with a lot of smart people and new, exciting challenges emerging all the time. -New ideas, no matter how small, are always welcomed and considered. -Excellent senior leadership... as one particular example, without getting into too many details, they extended themselves to help a certain segment of the employee population out when they were no obligation (other than to do the right thing) to do so, and might have had a nicer-looking balance sheet if they'd stood on the sidelines. These guys say they want to be a great place to work and they care about their employees, and actions like these are testament to that.

Cons

-Hours in my line of work can be a little longer than normal. Doesn't bother me personally that much since I think this job is a lot fun. -Most offices are in areas with pretty high costs of living.

Senior Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing DraftKings to do your best work! We agree with your sentiments, especially around DraftKings is a company for all, traditional sports fans and not. Our senior leaders believe that our people are our greatest asset and invest a tremendous amount of time ensuring DraftKings is more diverse and equitable. We ask that you take the time you need when you feel your batteries running low. We offer unlimited PTO and encourage our employees to utilize it. Thank you again for your wonderful review, and let us know how we can improve your DraftKings experience. Jason

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Apr 19, 2021 - CX Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at DK has been great. I’ve only worked from home so I can’t really speak to an office experience but given the current circumstances it’s been a great entry level experience. Company seems to be growing at a rapid pace which is exciting to see. DK is the perfect combination of tech and sports.

Cons

-Unfortunate reality of the CX role is you work every weekend, which is understandable due to these being some of our busiest days. - Can get repetitive, often times there will be issues you aren’t able to resolve without having to get in contact with another team. These other teams aren’t as staffed as CX and become easily backed up. - Job training has been less than ideal, should note though it’s all been remote.

2 people found this review helpful

Senior Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your time spent with DraftKings ensuring our passionate customers have the best experience possible using our award-winning products. Starting a new job remotely is not easy, so we appreciate you choosing DraftKings to begin your career. Your feedback has been shared with our CX leaders. However, we hope you feel comfortable providing them and your HR Business Partner with recommendations for improving remote CX training. This ensures we're adapting to the times while setting new teammates up for success. Thank you again for your review. Jason

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Depends on What you Value

Jun 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Here's an exercise, to help you draw your own conclusions: type in "Director DraftKings" into LinkedIn's search tab. You will get about a 1000 people - 10 pages worth of results. I clicked through the first 8 and did not see a single person of color, and not more than 20-25% were women. For years, I have been obsessed with the product, the company, and most importantly - the team. However, after being involved in a recruitment process, things started to feel a little off. I have a love/hate relationship with this company. It provided me with some of the most memorable years of my career, but sometimes you see things that make you uncomfortable and when Leadership+HR is behind these practices - what can you do? They are very behind the times, make decisions that are political, and many talented people have left as a result of simply disagreeing yet feeling that their hands are tied.

Cons

- They suffer from groupthink big time. - Leadership, Legal, Finance, HR are all good old friends, which means that there's zero governance and also - zero opportunity for innovation. Complaints, constructive observations, and new ideas are often not received well. You run the risk of being labeled as "a complainer"/"not a team player"/"difficult to work with". - Very hard to push things through and get things done. Instead of focusing on efficiency and optimization of processes, more people are hired and thrown at a problem. As a result, you have even more cooks in the kitchen who're operating inefficiently.

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to learn and grow

Apr 20, 2021 - CRM Manager in Hoboken, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

DraftKings is a place where ideas are never shut down and you are free to make choices around what career path you want to go on. There is so much internal mobility, and a lot of room for growth. The environment is super fast paced and the stress levels can get very high, but you are also working with a lot of people who put in so much effort and passion into what they are doing, that you can't even be mad at the amount of work you yourself is doing.

Cons

Work life balance is always on everyone's mind. Your managers, directors, and your peers, will continue to remind you to prioritize a work life balance, but it does become a little difficult when there are tentpole events occurring. But in all fairness, I believe you will experience that no matter where you go. When there are big projects, you just have to put in the effort for it.

Senior Recruitment Marketing Specialist

We appreciate you leaving us your positive feedback! DraftKings is on an exciting journey, and even though the days can be long and work challenging, you always have a colleague who will support you. We offer unlimited vacation time in the U.S. We stress taking time off so you can do your best work. Please do not hesitate to let us know how we can support your career at DraftKings. Jason

5. 5.0

Customer Experience Associate

Jun 15, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, great culture, decent pay/benefits, overall great company with lots of opportunities

Cons

Bad shifts at times, organization could improve in many areas

6. 5.0

10/10

Jun 8, 2021 - Customer Experience Associate in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

DraftKings is an amazing place to work with an incredible atmosphere.

Cons

CX does not get the full freedom compared to rest of the company (work every holiday, as customer service never sleeps)

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Excellent place to work and grow professionally.

May 28, 2021 - Senior Front End Developer in Sofia
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working from home and my experience is very good, I am working with the best team of all time, so I feel very comfortable there, good tools, good atmosphere, friendly people willing to help you if you need it.

Cons

None that I can think of

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Solid

Jun 13, 2021 - Customer Experience Associate in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and time flexibility

Cons

Difficult to communicate with management and HR

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best company to work for.

May 21, 2021 - Customer Experience Associate in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing company that treats everyone like family.

Cons

There are no negatives to this company.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company, Great team!

May 21, 2021 - Talent Acquisition Partner in Sofia
      Business Outlook

Pros

great people and opportunities to learn

Cons

A bit chaotic at the moment. not much work-life balance

Viewing 1 - 10 of 214 Reviews