Dometic Group Employee Reviews about "dometic"

Updated Nov 19, 2021

Found 15 of over 168 reviews

3.5
Dometic Group CEO Juan Vargues
Juan Vargues
Pros
  • "I enjoy Dometic for its growth and flexibility with customers and employees(in 10 reviews)

• "Great people, organization, forward thinking, dedicated to growing itself by growing its employees and completely satisfying customers(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "They didn't even cover basics such as how to Navigate Dometic Compass (internal sharing site)(in 9 reviews)

• "Point system, poor leadership, no room for advancement, low pay, terrible insurance, it's not a union(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "dometic"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Company is growing!

Nov 19, 2021 - IT Project Manager in Rosemont, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy Dometic for its growth and flexibility with customers and employees. We have a decent health plan and a decent PTO policy. Dometic is growing organically and through acquisition.

Cons

Management is very new as Dometic has gone through a organizational restructuring. This means loss of tribal knowledge and experience.

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Large, public company operator like it's a mom & pop

Jul 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are wonderful. I have met so many nice people who are willing to help you out and care about the company. You receive benefits day 1 of working. Adapted to COVID work-from home well & allowing more remote positions Growing company that is working to go digital and has had many acquisitions to expand their product offering.

Cons

ZERO onboarding and training available. You have to convince others who are saavy in products of systems to take time out of their own busy scheduled to get a little bit of training. Onboarding with HR was a joke. They didn't even cover basics such as how to Navigate Dometic Compass (internal sharing site). Huge lack of process, procedure and communication. Every department seems to be living on their own island. Too much work and not enough people. The company works lean, but it is not working and too many people have their plates overflowing with work that they cannot keep up. This makes everything move slow. Systems don't communicate with each other, which is a known issue, yet months later there is no action plan to fix. US gets standard benefits, so compared to our counterparts in Sweden if feels like we get screwed. Sweden takes off most of July-September for holiday with little support to the US business.

3. 2.0

Very little positives

Jun 28, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some nice employees. Free fruit.

Cons

Dometic, unfortunately has a lot of improving to do. Specifically surrounding employee development - currently there is nothing in place, nothing. No development investment, no clear career progression through the business and no leadership training. Senior management are stale and uninspiring. Mid level management lack management skills and any leadership qualities. Like senior management, mid level managers do not inspire. The core problem is the company are so heavily silo’d it makes it impossible to feel like you’re working as a wider team.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Setup to Fail

Aug 11, 2019 - Senior Accountant in Rosemont, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

They pay for gym memberships

Cons

I came to Dometic when my current company laid me off due loss of a large customer. I had a severance package and actually gave up a large portion of it because Dometic needed me to start ASAP. Then Dometic let me go after less than 2 months of employment. Managers would sit in there office all day with there doors closed. It was extremely difficult to get answers from the two managers.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee

Don’t Work For The Marketing Department!

Aug 3, 2018 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

The pay is fine, but I rather work in a healthy environment.

Cons

This is my opinion: The Elkhart marketing department is by far the most toxic work environment I have ever seen in my entire career. Employees are mistreated and highly stressed. Management is passive. The turnover is extremely high. HR gives management a “pass” when it comes to handling conflict. I am honestly suprised that management has not been fired yet. The president will not do anything about the sensitive issues and chooses to be passive as well. I genuinely hope for Juan Vargues and the global ownership of Dometic to read this and launch a full investigation into the leadership of Dometic Elkhart.

7 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Nice place to work. This is my first job out of college and they have been really great in onboarding process.

Jun 5, 2017 - Digital Content Coordinator in Elkhart, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Attentive management which is a plus. The benefits are great and definitley competitive. The market is so good that they hired on 60+ NEW employees which is healthy. Dometic is doing a great job delivering on their promises thus far!

Cons

Under a restructure. Which is not anyone's fault. I can't wait till it's finished. Management needs to keep paying attention to the needs of the new employees and if they do that they will succeed.

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your positive feedback and advice! We are glad we have been able to meet your expectations thus far! Our goal is to ensure we give all of our employees the attention that is needed in order to be successful, both to current and new employees. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to ensure you have a successful and enjoyable career with our organization!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Rewarding

Jun 2, 2017 - Hard Worker in Elkhart, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company that recognizes dedicated employees & rewards. Management shows appreciation for efforts to improve & protect company's interests. In my short time with Dometic I've grown continuously and continue to evolve within the organization. Great management & coworkers. Plenty of room to advance in this growing corporation.

Cons

Insurance benefits are below par, however I am young and healthy so that doesn't concern me much. This field requires me to comment here so that's what I came up with. ;)

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your positive feedback and we are happy to hear you are one of the many that continue to grow within our organization! Currently our company is at a 40% internal promotion rate and we hope to keep that going! Hard work and dedication most certainly pays off! In regards to insurance and compensation- please contact your local HR Manager to provide specific feedback so we can continue to improve. We strive to be competitive in compensation within each local market, and all of our roles either meet or exceed current market wages. Thank you again for your feedback and please let us know if there's anything else we can do to improve!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Passion is Contagious

May 18, 2017 - Product Engineering Manager in Lagrange, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Opportunity to have a positive impact on peoples leisure time. - Focus on Quality and Innovative products generates pride in the company - Management encourages entrepreneurial mindset and empowers employees to drive change - Steady opportunities for advancement - Most employees are passionate about what they do and about the company they work for. - Team mentality - Dometic does not compromise on quality, customer service, or ethics. This is important to me and not always the case in the industry.

Cons

The nature of the RV industry can lead to some long hours and pressure, but that is also what keeps the job interesting.

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your positive feedback! The Dometic Way and culture is extremely important to us, and we are glad that you recognize and value these items, as well. Although sometimes we are under pressure and long hours, we would not be the successful company that we are without our dedicated employees who have gotten us this far. We hope to continue to empower our employees to be successful and happy within our organization. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to make it happen!

9. 5.0

Great people! Great Job!

Apr 25, 2017 - Assistant Director in Elkhart, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started here in January of 2017 and from day one my experience has been very good. The hiring and on boarding process were top notch and very professional. The company took the time to integrate me fully into the operations and culture of Dometic. So far it has been my personal experience that the company as a whole has a strong team aspect and they truly care about their employees. The company is taking great strides to solidify their identity both internally and in the marketplace. My feeling is that this is company that will support and allow talented hardworking employees to grow professionally. The company feels very stable and with new direction from the new president, seems to be striving towards a very focused "true north" direction. I am very pleased with my decision to join the Dometic team and would highly recommend Dometic to any perspective job seeker.

Cons

Not really a con, but the company is going through some growing pains and because of this, at times things can feel a bit clunky. Having said this, in the short time I have been here I can already see a directional shift and strong focus to create a "one Dometic " mentality.

Corporate Recruiter

Hello, Thank you for the positive review and we are so glad to see that your experience at Dometic has been a positive one! Please continue to let us know how we can improve to make things less "clunky" during this growth. We appreciate your feedback and having you on board!

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Solid company, smart leaders, needs more energy and fun

Apr 25, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Elkhart, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Dometic is a growing company, in a strong financial position and has recently rolled out a more modern business plan to focus the company strategy going forward.

Cons

The company current uses Lotus Notes, but I understand we may be changing to Outlook in the near future. Would also be nice to improve snacks & drinks for associates, even if for purchase. Florida office has a good selection though.

Corporate Recruiter

Hello, Thank you for your feedback! As we continue to grow, we will most certainly be focusing on ensuring we have high energy leaders to guide teams toward continued success. Beyond developing our employees and leaders, we are also looking to modernize our technology as we move forward. In regards to the snacks and drinks, we recommend you contact your local HR for this suggestion. Thanks for the feedback!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Reviews