DentalOne Partners Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.1
David Marks

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "It would be nice to have a 401K match" (in 21 reviews)

• "Upper management is unconcerned with the needs of the individual offices" (in 17 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Dental Assistant"

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Monroe, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Monroe, NC (US)

I have been working at DentalOne Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I would say, it's the best company to work for. I have been in so many different Dental offices. My final stop would be Dental Works. They're value their empleyees and treat them like a family. My interview was so relaxed I was not even nervous. They hired me with out much experience in dental field. Dental Works gave me a chance to build my career from a scratch which I would never forget. Also they have great benefits. And I will stay with the company as longest I can.

Cons

There is absolutely no cons, it's a great company to work for.

DentalOne Partners Response

12 Nov, 2018 – Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Your work "family" is happy to have you! Believe me, your happiness is noticed by colleagues and patients, and makes the patient experience so much better. Thank you!

2. "Dental Assistant"

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Gastonia, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Gastonia, NC (US)

I have been working at DentalOne Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started out as a temp. assistant for them only after a couple of days the Dr started @ the office, then I was asked to come on full time to a redone office ,new staff & Dr. We all have bonded well together and have became close. Thankful to have a drive to work 7 miles round trip from home to work & avoid Charlotte traffic.

Cons

Previous patients still thinking we are the former drs that were there

Advice to Management

nothing

3. "Orthodontic Assistant"

Current Employee - Orthodontic Assistant in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Orthodontic Assistant in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at DentalOne Partners part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Entire Recruiting team was very Professional and quick with their Response. Interview Process was very smooth and progressive along with HR Department,Management Department as well as Doctors. Hiring process was very well evaluated where deserving people can meet their goals and a successful company like Dental One Partners can keep growing together as a team. I really like this new workplace which is very supportive and friendly. Everyone helps each other out and work as a team. It exceeded my expectation and I am really happy to be working here. I would definitely recommend to people with well deserving Educational backgrounds.

Cons

I do not find any cons here

Advice to Management

None

4. "Newly Hired RDH"

I have been working at DentalOne Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall very organized company with great benefits. Amazing dentists/dental hygiene providers. Dental assistants friendly and help when they can with perio charting. Digital X-rays sensors available and a great work schedule.

Cons

-paper charts
    -not enough dental assistants--sometimes need to chart perio alone, which is time consuming.
    -scheduling issue-when it comes to extending appointments for adult patients. adults should NOT be scheduled for 30 min. I refuse to compensate treatment.
    --need new cavitron/hygiene instruments--most of them are dull and need to be replaced.

Advice to Management

Recommend more strict training for front office staff when it comes to scheduling. Strict policy for phone usage during work for dental assistants. --
    Recommend when insurance is verified for it to be noted in chart if patient has had a history of SCRP. This would save time if this information was collected before initial appointment, regarding new patients. Also, it should be noted in chart the frequency FMX/Pano are covered (whether its once every 3-5 years). This would provide for better efficiency and save time for hygienists having to verify insurance during chart audits.
    -Cavitron instruments should be replaced once they no longer perform efficiently. There should be a monthly inspection of instruments to verified for dullness.

5. "Operations Leader"

Current Employee - Operations Leader
    Current Employee - Operations Leader

I have been working at DentalOne Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company provided lots of feedback and support to New Hires. A refreshing experience for someone who has had lessor experiences in other DSO's. Leadership is responsive to questions and concerns.

Cons

The self-directed learning is extensive and comprehensive- felt a little redundant to someone with a lot of experience.

6. "Dental hygienist"

Former Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Plano, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Plano, TX (US)

I worked at DentalOne Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, and amazing people to work with! My district manager was Rod was u derstanding and available whenever I needed him. And my dental office employees were so fun to work with!

Cons

The pay and the commission plan for paying Hygienists was unreasonable and ended up being underpaid.

Advice to Management

Changing payment for hygienist will keep employees longer and the turn around won’t be so bad.

7. "Great company with nice management"

Current Employee - Orthodontic Assistant
    Current Employee - Orthodontic Assistant

I have been working at DentalOne Partners part-time

Pros

I am so happy to work with you i can feel myself with nice people
    Everybody trying to help
    Thanks

Cons

I'm still new can't say anything right now

8. "Office Leader"

I have been working at DentalOne Partners full-time

Pros

Benefits
    Work Atmosphere
    Great Co-Workers
    Great Doctor
    approachable Management

Cons

Lots of required meetings

Advice to Management

I think having managers meet quarterly instead of monthly would be beneficial. There would be much more to bring to the table at the meeting if they were not so frequent.

9. "Bright Spots"

I have been working at DentalOne Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Specific leaders including new COOs, new CEO, DMOs, recruitment management, and several others are the bright spots while the company shifts it's direction. We were booming for a while and then had to change all of our focuses, but they have really invested in making it work and trying to support the teams. Things aren't perfect, but they aren't anywhere.

Cons

PTO and 401K benefits could be better, a focus on company culture would be nice

Advice to Management

Understand that the company wants to band together and get better, but we need support from HR on matters that the OLs shouldn't be having to handle.

DentalOne Partners Response

12 Nov, 2018 – Vice President, Talent Acquisition

I think this is a great summation of what is happening right now - we do have some major shifts in leadership that are helping us move back in the right direction. Additional support from HR is... More

10. "Office Leader"

I have been working at DentalOne Partners full-time

Pros

I've worked for two other dental companies in the past, Dental One Partners is hands down the best one of the three. Office Leaders are supported by amazing upper management. The benefits package, number of PTO days given, and work hours show how much the company values it's staff. I truly believe Dental One Partners will be the top dental company to work for if it is not already.

Cons

A solid training program is in the works. Peers are helpful but training for new employees can improve.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your staff's concerns and support their passions. The support means the world to everyone.