Dental Care Alliance Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 28 November, 2018

2.4
Jerry Rhodes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "They do fun company outings and parties that we go to while on the clock to show their appreciation for us" (in 2 reviews)

• "Great benefits and steady work hours" (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "High turnover, low pay for office and clinical staff" (in 4 reviews)

• "Some areas were disorganized, high turnover of support staff and dentists" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL (US)

I have been working at Dental Care Alliance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is growing quickly and there are a lot of opportunities. The management has a clear direction and are making solid decisions for the business. The people are great to work with.

Cons

The employee share of the benefits are a little high for family coverage.

12 Mar, 2018 – Director of Talent

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are excited to have you as part of the DCA family and we are excited about the future too!

2. "always in fear of being laid off"

Former Employee - Contact Center Representative in Sarasota, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Contact Center Representative in Sarasota, FL (US)

I worked at Dental Care Alliance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

friendly, good pay, flexible, parties

Cons

lay offs, toxic, communication, cliquee

29 Nov, 2018 – Director of Talent

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It was very difficult for us to close the contact center.

"Front desk receptionist"

Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in Ocala, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in Ocala, FL (US)

I have been working at Dental Care Alliance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love my job and the people I work with.

Cons

N/A. I enjoy my job .

Advice to Management

My manager Heather Smith is the best.

23 Oct, 2018 – Director of Talent

Thank you for sharing your feedback and helping the Ocala office run smoothly!

4. "Hygienist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

I worked at Dental Care Alliance (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good salary, hours and flexible time off

Cons

Little benefits , straight commission no holiday or vacation pay. New hygienist ,
    Make the same thing

29 Nov, 2018 – Director of Talent

We appreciate you sharing your feedback. What benefits would you have liked?

"Area Manager"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Saint Clair Shores, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Saint Clair Shores, MI (US)

I have been working at Dental Care Alliance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Realizing that at an older age you are being mentored by exceptional regional manager, whom is younger than you, and accepting all the guidance gracefully. Thank you to my Regional Manager Lissa Goodman. You are a star.

Cons

Growing pains.. accept the change

15 Oct, 2018 – Director of Talent

Thank you for sharing your experience! Lissa is a rockstar and you are learning from one of the best! We appreciate all you do for the beautiful Saint Clair Shores area; thank you!

6. "Advanced Dental Care of Brandon"

Current Employee - Receptionist in Brandon, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Brandon, FL (US)

I have been working at Dental Care Alliance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like my co-workers and patients

Cons

Employee retention is non existent. Over a dozen employees in every position have quit in a 12 month period. Inconsiderate and inadequate management and the doctors are horrible to work for. Both management and the doctors are very disrespectful.
    Benefits aren’t good , You don’t get dental coverage or free dental work even though you work at a dental office and medical is very expensive. I don’t recommend working at either of their locations or for DCA in general. To them you’re a replaceable cog in a machine and not a valued team member. In all my years in this field this is the worst office I’ve ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Focus on moral , team work and employee retention. Make sure employees are compensated the way they are told they will be during the hiring process.

25 Oct, 2018 – Director of Talent

Thank for sharing your feedback. I would like to learn more . Please email me at careers@dentalcarealliance.com.

"Beware. Dishonest, Manipulative Management. Senior Management non-existent."

I worked at Dental Care Alliance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I met a few nice co-workers.

Cons

Very low pay. Sweat shop work pace. Lazy co workers, lazy managers. All about production. Poor care for the patients. Broken down offices with broken down equipment. Unfair employee treatment. Managers have their favorites. Prepare to be sent home, have your hours cut, be benched when the doc you assist is out or takes vacations, while the favorites get all the hours. Also laid people off during my time there because this company is a sinking ship. Always complaining about not reaching production goals yet your work your tail off. The occasional bonus that you get is about 60 bucks once a year. They offer a 401k that they DON"T contribute to. Senior management is non existent. They will not answer your phone calls or your email. I stayed too long but I was lied to so many times about a raise that was going to come. Finally wised up and got out. They hire mostly assistants out of school or very young assistants because they work cheap.

Advice to Management

Start caring. Start being honest. Start appreciating the people who are earning your huge bonuses while you sit in your office eating fast food and gossiping all day.
    Don't lie in your employment ads and embellish the benefits and "career growth" . Don't lie about raises that aren't coming just to get employees to travel to different location and do different tasks. Don't lie during the interviews and play down the work load.

15 Oct, 2018 – Director of Talent

I am very sorry to hear that this was your experience. I would like to learn more so we can look into this and make adjustments. Please email careers@dentalcarealliance.com to share your availability... More

8. "Great coworker and patients, but there are issues with their cooperate office. There's definitely lack of communication."

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in South Bend, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Dental Assistant in South Bend, IN (US)

I have been working at Dental Care Alliance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun, never boring, fast faced

Cons

Lack of communication between management and cooperation.

24 Sep, 2018 – Director of Talent

Thank you for writing a review. The South Bend office is a very fast-paced, fun office! Please email me so we can learn more and correct the lack of communication.: careers@dentalcarealliance.com.

9. "Poor Leadership, communication and overall lack of appreciation for employees."

I worked at Dental Care Alliance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Annual performance evaluations but do not be confused, these are not tied to bonus'.

Cons

Poor Leadership, communication and overall lack of appreciation for employees. No company culture.

24 Sep, 2018 – Director of Talent

Thank you for sharing your feedback. This is not the typical or desired employee experience we strive for and I would like to learn more so we can correct this. Please email us... More

10. "Be Very Careful- Know what you are walking into!"

Former Employee - Front End Supervisor in Royal Palm Beach, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Front End Supervisor in Royal Palm Beach, FL (US)

I worked at Dental Care Alliance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

For people who need medical/dental, they offer benefits

Cons

As with most corporate companies, you are just a number! You will be asked to do more every year and no compensation for more work. Patient care suffers at times due to volume demanded. Poor communication, office managers who are just as frustrated, morale not great in most offices, bonus structured so goals are mostly not reachable. PTO hours are not paid if you end up leaving- no exceptions! My manager gave me incorrect info and they still withheld over 60 hours and I was with company over 6 years and had outstanding reviews! Our increase this year was terrible- A real slap in the face for amount of work demanded and very profitable office!

Advice to Management

Start to care more about the employees on the front line in your offices.

4 Sep, 2018 – Director of Talent

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that you feel this way and would like to learn more to help the team at this office. Please email to schedule a time to connect... More