Deluxe Entertainment Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Deluxe Entertainment Reviews

Updated Oct 5, 2019

Found 593 reviews

2.9
Deluxe Entertainment CEO John Wallace (no image)
John Wallace
  1. Featured Review

"Professional and Friendly"

I worked at Deluxe Entertainment full-time

Pros

The company provides lots of resources including food, drinks, supplies for every task. Well equipped facility for most needs. Friendly co-workers and professional admin.

Cons

Located in an area that can feel unsafe to travel around in at night.

Deluxe Entertainment2019-01-20
  2. "The review you'll want to read - Incredible place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Deluxe Entertainment full-time for more than a year

Pros

If we do well, we get rewarded. Those who complain are typically the ones who don't do well, and are still kept on the teams. Just got our yearly merit increases, extremely fair, in my opinion at least. Yes, it's standard in this industry for there to be long hours (this happens one week every 3-4 months or whenever a movie is being released). I completely understand that this is not up to Stereo D and out of their... hands, their clients work hard on movies and provide a week or so to return a movie quickly, so the hours get long in order to finish them. But it was worth seeing our names on the credits of Avengers End Game! When this crunch time happens, I find the company does whatever is in their control to make it as fun and bearable as possible (free food, games, meditation, etc). I love that about them. We also have our managers stay overnight with us, not because they have to, but because they want to be there with us. They do so much to help in an industry that can have long hours for the artists. Also, it's mainly the artists that require long hours once in a while, if you are looking for other positions, the hours are standard. They have free breakfast daily. The people are incredible. I cannot be happier with everyone who works here. Yes, there are the ones that complain, but I try to avoid it as I find they are typically the ones who aren't working on par and are not understanding how much the company is doing that's in their control for the employees. The growth happens very quickly here if you want it and work for it as we all should in any position. Anyway, I couldn't be happier with Stereo D and Deluxe.

Cons

My advice would be for those who complain for not getting a high merit increase, or not growing into other roles: There are way too many employees here that do grow quickly and get high increases, so if you don't, don't blame everything and everyone else, try to analyze why and improve yourself. The management really recognizes when this happens.

Advice to Management

The management have an overall great vision and really care about the culture of this company. Any large company have their complainers, but the managers recognize and aim to grow the employees that contribute to the positive culture. That's what every company should do.

Deluxe Entertainment2019-06-12
  3. "Paint/Composite Artist"

Current Employee - Paint/Composite Artist in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Deluxe Entertainment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They want everyone be happy while working there. They provide fruit/snacks weekly, and dinner for crunch time.

Cons

Pays are not good. Almost no merit increase no matter how hard you work.

Deluxe Entertainment2019-04-28

"ok"

I worked at Deluxe Entertainment full-time

Pros

the work-life balance is good

Cons

low pay, lots of lays off and restructuring

Deluxe Entertainment2019-01-27

"Toxic company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I worked at Deluxe Entertainment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Most of the people were amazing to work with, from all over the world. Interesting work. Local office tried to care.

Cons

Management were severely disconnected from the day to day. Copious amounts of overtime needed. Promotions were rare and took a long time for approval.

Advice to Management

Stop and listen to your employees. They have a wealth of knowledge that you are ignoring in chasing the bottom dollar, and losing them and the expertise they have, leaving you with more of a mess that is now impossible to fix.

Deluxe Entertainment2019-01-04
  6. "Great Job, Horrible Management"

I worked at Deluxe Entertainment full-time

Pros

Really fun work with some great people from around the world.

Cons

Upper-management is too removed and unfamiliar with the day-to-day, leading to poor decision-making.

Deluxe Entertainment2018-12-20

"Great people and company but salaries can be better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Deluxe Entertainment full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with. The downtown location with direct access to the metro is super convenient. Very interesting and exciting industry.

Cons

Salaries are low compare to competitors and many employees have to do overtime so work life balance is somewhat of an issue

Advice to Management

Allow work from home when possible with vpn access. Allow flexibility in schedule and more benefits are needed in order to compensate for the lower salaries.

Deluxe Entertainment2018-05-03
  8. "Lots of big egos"

I worked at Deluxe Entertainment full-time for more than a year

Pros

decent pay, freebies, free parking

Cons

bad company culture, lots of big egos, elitism, micromanaging

Advice to Management

get off your high horse and actually listen

Deluxe Entertainment2018-03-02

"Account Coordinator"

I worked at Deluxe Entertainment full-time

Pros

Best colleagues ever! The atmosphere between colleagues was always really great. Interesting projects to work on.

Cons

Pay wasn't great and there was very little opportunity for promotion unless working in the head office. Decisions from upper management were not communicated well. The adoption of new systems was done without consulting the people on the ground who would actually be using these systems.

Deluxe Entertainment2018-01-19
  10. "Good company to work for"

I worked at Deluxe Entertainment full-time

Pros

Management is mostly fair and easy to get along with. Liked the flexible hours

Cons

Would like to see more room for advancement

Advice to Management

Hire within whenever you can.

Deluxe Entertainment2017-12-16