Deluxe Corporation Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Oct 25, 2021

Found 30 of over 778 reviews

3.3
Deluxe Corporation CEO Barry McCarthy
Barry McCarthy
Pros
  • "I've only been with Deluxe for a few months now but the company is amazing(in 65 reviews)

• "Good company, with good benefits(in 55 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Nothing bad to say about Deluxe(in 67 reviews)

• "Upper Management only cares about the almighty(in 24 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great company, great people

Feb 15, 2020 - Senior Quality Engineer in Waterloo, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, people, benefits, good employee rewards program. Leaders encourage people to learn new things and work on different challenging projects. Free lunch and fruits bi-weekly. Free pop and coffee. Monthly office events make it a fun and relax work environment. Leaders are very transparent in almost everything about the company. CEO has great vision for the future of the company.

Cons

Lots of meetings which sometimes interfere with real work done.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee

Closed now but was great

Aug 12, 2020 - Developer in Montreal, QC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people, good pay, great work environment.

Cons

Huge workload and not enough people to handle it so extreme levels of stress. Closed down due to new CEO

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A decent place to work, but not a ton of upward mobility

Oct 25, 2021 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home (depending on location) A relatively flat hierarchy Not overbearing A decent PTO amount if you've worked here for a while Friendly work environment Very rarely on call Decent work-life balance, as long as you set boundaries

Cons

Not a lot of upward mobility

Deluxe Corporation Response

Employment Brand Marketing Specialist

We appreciate your recognition of our culture at Deluxe! We are proud to provide our employees with generous paid time off, volunteer time off and holiday leave. We are working hard on our internal mobility strategy so we can continue to move Deluxers into new roles and projects that offer career development and advancements.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Company to Work for

Sep 15, 2021 - Sales Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Solid Benefits Package Inclusion/Diversity are encouraged Safe work environment promotes from within

Cons

while pay is reasonable at times, in other areas they are behind many companies when it comes to competitive salaries

5. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

If you're a great employee, don't work here

Oct 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you look hard enough, there are some smart and driven people.

Cons

Terrible work environment. No respect between internal teams. Managers are put to manage teams and don't understand what they actually do on a day-to-day basis and they aren't held accountable to actually learning it. There is zero culture. Decisions from upper management are only made to improve revenue. No accountability for bad work or bad attitudes. Zero formal training or learning. The only time you'll move up is when they dump extra work on you with no additional support or training and then they expect you to be appreciative.

6 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Love the work, but scared for my future

Jul 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

My managers stress work-family balance and provide reasonable accommodations for a variety of situations. I can't say that is the same in all departments, but it's been wonderful for me personally. The work is engaging and interesting. There are a lot of ways to further your career with learning opportunities, and there are so many amazing employee groups that encourage networking and socializing outside of your team.

Cons

3 years with no raise and way too long without a 401k match. A lot of employees quit because of this. Layoffs layoffs layoffs. Never know who's going to be next. There is a large portion of the employee base that has a "knowledge is power" mindset. This can make it very hard to learn new things or find information sometimes. These employees can be very catty to work with and make the work environment very unpleasant. There is a very heavy executive presence. The company feels very top heavy, with a lot of these VP's having titles that sound made up and unnecessary.

13 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good Company

Feb 22, 2021 - KEY CONTACT Representative in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Generous Time Off, Good Work Environment

Cons

Some Communications difficulties between management and front line workers

1 person found this review helpful

Deluxe Corporation Response

Employment Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for providing us with your honest feedback in regard to your time at Deluxe! We are elated to hear that you enjoyed some of the many benefits we offer to our employees – generous PTO and strong company culture being two of them. We appreciate your consideration for better communication amongst management and front-line workers and will forward this information to our leaders to ensure this improves. We highly value our front-line workers at Deluxe, and it is important that those feelings are properly conveyed. Again, thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

A good place to start. Marketers are the best rewarded staff

Jan 20, 2021 - Project Architect in Lagos
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very big projects. A lot to learn.

Cons

Work environment is unstructured. Reward for staff asides marketers is not based on performance but relationships and internal politics.

9. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Most people are great

Oct 27, 2020 - Senior Manager, Product Management in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smart people trying to create interesting solutions.

Cons

Predominantly male work environment. Female voices are often discounted.

4 people found this review helpful
    10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Terrible Company

Jan 22, 2020 - Product Manager in Shoreview, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people to work with and depending on your job, can be a flexible work environment.

Cons

Benefits very average, terrible PTO, holiday schedule and 401k match compared to many companies (Deluxe does the bare minimum which shows how they treat employees), toxic work environment, management/leadership manages up not down, and people are very disposable. I knew with a few weeks I had made a career mistake. It is a revolving door of layoffs and people stab each other in the back to keep their job. Employees are "yes" people in fear of speaking up and that they will be next. The layoffs are constant and it's an unsettling environment. I saw it throughout the company, not just certain areas. And for people that had been there a long time, they coached me to keep my head down because of the layoffs and don't rock the boat. It's not a culture of being open and honest and sharing ideas. And the fact that the CEO prior to the one now called it "Fall Festival" which was the big layoffs in the fall was a huge sign on the culture. There are many companies in the Minneapolis area, this is one I wouldn't waste my time applying at. And even though there is a new CEO, he came in and wiped out hundreds and hundreds of employees and kept it under the radar by spreading it out over 5 months and doing small increments at a time. The list goes on and on.

8 people found this review helpful