Found 39 of over 7K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits and the on reserve life is only 6 days a week which is better than any other airline." (in 852 reviews)
- "Great flight benefits at major air line that strives to be and is the best." (in 739 reviews)
- "Great travel benefits and very accommodating company in regards to hearing how to improve the operation" (in 306 reviews)
- "Great people and very passionate" (in 303 reviews)
- "Flexibility and travel good pay later on" (in 290 reviews)
- "Management is horrible and has bad tactics." (in 232 reviews)
- "Long hours and the necessity to stand on long flights get to be a killer after a while." (in 148 reviews)
- "There is no work life balance" (in 97 reviews)
- "Low salary and need more benefits" (in 65 reviews)
- "To much favoritism to senior employees" (in 53 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Delta Air Lines and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "based on seniority"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Nov 30, 2016Ramp Agent/Baggage HandlerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsAtlanta, GA
Benefits and flexibility are a plus for work and life balance
Career advancement opportunities are limited as most career advancements are based on seniority.
- 5.0Jun 1, 2023Cargo AgentFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
Unlimited Free Flights! Guaranteed hours
heavy lifting Schedule changes every 6 months based on seniority
- 5.0Apr 18, 2023CSA - Customer Service AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSan Jose, CA
Amazing benefits Fly for free Yearly raise Company events Life long friends
Schedule bidding based on seniority
- 5.0Dec 22, 2015Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearAtlanta, GA
Great company. Wonderful benefits. The supervisors genuinely care about the employees and want them to succeed in every aspect of their day to day job.
You have to work most weekends and holidays because this position is totally based on seniority within the system. Junior flight attendants will work most weekends and holidays.5
- 5.0Jan 5, 2018Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsAtlanta, GA
A company that takes care of their employees.
Shift work based on seniority.
- 1.0May 1, 2019Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearAtlanta, GA
Nicest people I have ever worked with. Almost everyone means well. Free Food all the time but that leads to obesity. Great profit sharing but trust me...you will earn every penny of it. They do nice things for employees but if you asked most...they would rather have time with their families than a party where they will spend more time with co-workers
Worst and most archaic systems you have ever encountered. How they manage to get planes in the air every day is beyond me. No strategic leadership at all everything is tactical. Work is pushing paper basically but high volumes in a frenzied non- stop chaotic environment. Air line industry is 24/7 and as a corporate employee you will be too. Highly political environment as well all based on seniority and level. Your ideas do not matter.8
- 4.0Apr 23, 2017Brand Advisor/LeadCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsTampa, FL
Flight and medical benefits as well as ability to adjust shift with coworkers fairly easily.
Almost everything is done based on seniority in regards to time off and shifts. If you have low seniority you will be working nights and weekends until enough new people come in to improve your options. Management varies office to office but the heads of the department are a disappointment. The pay starts off low and is structured meaning that you are rewarded the same whether you are doing amazing or barely satisfactory, giving hardly any incentive to push yourself.
- 5.0Dec 26, 2022SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSingapore
Work life balance and following US culture that allowed people to be judge based on their performance not any other factor. Inclusion is applied at the best possibilities
Shift/leave given based on seniority and Shift bid for a quarter.