Found 1,537 of over 109K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Deloitte
Jobs in Accounting
2 days ago
Hi! Looking for corporate accounting roles - Sr. Accountant/assistant controller/finance manager in the Cincinnati area - open for hybrid, on-site or remote. Can anyone help me with leads? 4YOE in public accounting - most recently at deloitte before I got laid off
Got a burning question about Deloitte? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Deloitte employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "You get the chance to work with great people that are very driven and know their subject area very well" (in 5388 reviews)
- "Work culture is good and the flexibility is also great as there are no strict timings to follow." (in 3746 reviews)
- "The benefits are good they have good work ethics and they take care of their employee's" (in 3514 reviews)
- "'Work culture is good and the flexibility is also great as there are no strict timings to follow." (in 2890 reviews)
- "Work with some great colleagues and meet lots of intellectual people who are willing to help" (in 1872 reviews)
- "No work/life balance and not easy to grow if you are not willing to work crazy hours" (in 9320 reviews)
- "Long hours are many times overseen (Smart talkers are well recognized than hard workers)" (in 4191 reviews)
- "Low salaries compared to market Salaries do not align with cost of living and inflation in Cyprus" (in 3129 reviews)
- "late working hours and alot of work" (in 2886 reviews)
- "low pay especially when compared with tech companies and with a high cost of living in the Bay Area" (in 2350 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Deloitte and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "work from home"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Jun 3, 2022ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearLondon, England
Extremely welcoming team Intelligent and hard working Flexible working with working from home and the ability to work in different industries and teams
Structure changes and is a little confusing
- 3.0Feb 17, 2021Administrative Assistant (PMA)Former Employee, more than 1 yearCardiff, Wales
Reasonable socials Easy work Friendly atmosphere Friendly managers who are easy to get on with and genuinely want to support you Looks good on your CV Flexible; allows for part time work and some flexibility on hours and working from home Surprisingly supportive of mental health difficulties
Low pay compared to similar work Not a lot of room to grow Constantly shifting expectations and requirements for promotion which aren't always made clear Can get quite dull and repetitive so not for you if you want a challenge/variety
- 3.0Feb 18, 2023AnalystCurrent Employee
Flexible hours and you can choose to work from home or in the office any day of the week. Workload is usually light. The environment is really friendly and kind, including the bosses.
I know the pros that I have stated don't apply to all Deloitte, but only specifically to my department. Also, it's a kind of boring job, the pay is average-low and you are expected to have a lot of meetings and communicate a lot with teammates and customers in English. Working from the office has some problems nowadays, like for example the wifi network restricts connections that are required to work.
- 3.0Jul 27, 2017Business Technology AnalystFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsBengaluru
Very lucid.. you can work from home and the hours are also very flexible depending on your needs. Also, the mix of diverse people makes it a diverse place to work which is a good place to start while you are beginning your career
The pay package might not be very high. The tech stack is very limited since its a client based company, and everything depends on the client's needs.
- 1.0Dec 15, 2017Senior ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsGurgaon, Haryana
Flexible work timings. Good laptops.
No work life balance. Work more than 14 hours daily. Have to beg for PTOs and no work from home in Gurgaon BPTP office for which it is known. No retention policy. Leaders and managers don't do hands dirty on work. Pressurize BTAs or consultants to work overtime.2
- 5.0Dec 15, 2017ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearGurgaon, Haryana
Employee friendly environment. Work life balance at it's best and flexible working hours topped with work from home option.
Haven't found any as of now
- 5.0Apr 12, 2022Junior Payroll SpecialistFormer Employee
Can work from home is very good and Deloitte help a lot your employees with good benefits.
In Curitiba/Brazil the salary is low.
- 2.0May 25, 2023Solution AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLake Mary, FL
Work from home $1000 Health and wellness stipend Moderate medical coverage Autonomy in the workplace
Long hours Underwhelming pay increase Expectation to perform 5-10 hours of work outside of 40 hours of client work Expectation to attend additional networking events outside of client work
- 3.0Jul 29, 2009Audit SeniorCurrent EmployeeToronto, ON
- Excellent flexibility as a senior over work hours and working from home / client sites / the Deloitte office - The opportunity for a wide variety of experiences in many different industries - Good money and benefits in comparison to non-accounting jobs, though lacking relative to the other Big 4 (or so I've heard) - Co-workers are generally pleasant except in the busy season
- Will generally work extremely long hours in the busy season and for long periods before and after it, and will received minimal recognition for the effort - Job experiences and performance reviews are subjective, and largely depend on who you work for, how competent they are, and how much they like you1
- 1.0Jun 21, 2018Engagement ManagerCurrent Contractor, less than 1 yearNashville, TN
- On-site cafe w/ weekly local food / restaurants served - Decent hourly rate for contractors (but only for hours worked, not PTO or holidays)
- Quickly hired, one interview - should have been a red flag (just needed another body in a seat) - No on-boarding/introduction to work, projects, teams, or office. Just thrown into the fire to be the new scapegoat for delays or miscommunication - Expectation is to work whatever hours are needed to get the work done, knowing that not all over-time is approved or paid. If you only work 40 hrs/week, 1 of 2 things happens: your projects suffer which ppl take as a result of you not knowing what to do; or management inquires into why you're not doing more. - LONG hours as a result of off-shore communications. Typically 10+ hr days needed to get minimum work expectations completed - No work / life balance (not to be confused with ability to work from home as needed) - Lack of management or senior input & availability. - Long term employees that are comfortable with 50+ hr work weeks create a lot more stress and noise around projects than is necessary. - Lack of communication and responsibility - Excessive amounts of process and red tape that are Deloitte specific, and not industry specific. BIG learning curve, if someone can take the time to share.2