Found 84,718 of over 109K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "You get the chance to work with great people that are very driven and know their subject area very well" (in 5416 reviews)
- "Work culture is good and the flexibility is also great as there are no strict timings to follow." (in 3788 reviews)
- "Range of work available is good and you have the benefit of a huge network of practitioners." (in 3496 reviews)
- "'Work culture is good and the flexibility is also great as there are no strict timings to follow." (in 2870 reviews)
- "Work with some great colleagues and meet lots of intellectual people who are willing to help" (in 1856 reviews)
- "No work/life balance and not easy to grow if you are not willing to work crazy hours" (in 9354 reviews)
- "Long hours are many times overseen (Smart talkers are well recognized than hard workers)" (in 4154 reviews)
- "Low salaries compared to market Salaries do not align with cost of living and inflation in Cyprus" (in 3136 reviews)
- "Late working hours and pressure" (in 2895 reviews)
- "Pay is low and you can leave at almost every level for much higher pay for lower hours." (in 2340 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Deloitte and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Nov 2, 2023AnalystFormer Employee, more than 1 yearKitchener, ON
I worked as an IT analyst at Deloitte. I had a fantastic team and the ability to work from home. My hours were reasonable, standard 9-5. I will say, though, that not all IT analysts had the same reasonable work hours. Team members who had been there longer, or were on teams that were short-staffed, had to work longer hours or respond to technical emergencies during off-hours; I had a very specific role within IT that could be self-paced. Ultimately, though, IT at Deloitte has a lot of fantastic people.
I worked on IT documentation, and didn't enjoy having to translate things into French and Spanish, as the approval process was painful and slowed things down. That wasn't a fault of the company or even the position, it's just a reality of working in public-facing documentation in Canada and Chile (Deloitte Canada and Deloitte Chile operate as one entity whenever possible).
- 3.0Nov 29, 2023ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearOttawa, ON
- Access to learning resources but limited time to complete them - Great colleagues at the working level - Great resume builder
- Frequently work with different managers, some who are not great - Emphasis on driving revenue/sales means little time for mentorship and lots of self-learning (stressful) - The value of the work is questionable depending on the project - Long hours - Lack of direction because the projects frequently change
- 3.0Nov 27, 2023Business AnalystCurrent EmployeeVancouver, BC
Good reputation, relatively stable (compared to tech with more frequent layoffs)
-Depending on the time of the year, you may have to do other work outside your job description and have to network within the firm to find a project so you can maintain a certain % of utilization. -Low salary compared to the level of work expected from you
- 4.0Nov 28, 2023Business AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMontreal, QC
Get to do lots of different work, side projects encouraged. Hybrid work model - can go into the office as much or as little as you like. Great team/firm social activities.
Difficult to change teams if you are not 100% satisfied.
- 4.0Nov 28, 2023ManagerFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsVancouver, BC
Talent level, cool clients, nice offices, travel opportunities, good education
Patriarchal, Toronto-centric power base, insensitive management culture, stingy on salary, unhealthy work-life balance
- 5.0Nov 30, 2023Senior ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsMontreal, QC
True recognition of performance Teamwork and passionate peers
Hard work Relies on network
- 1.0Oct 3, 2023Buisness Technology AnalystFormer Employee, less than 1 yearMontreal, QC
If you are lucky enough to have a good manager, they will shield you from the company culture. Similarly, there are good people there, it's just a bad company
There is a long list: * They enjoy playing 'social games,' i.e social manipulation. Like all the shallow popular kids in high school grew up * Partner is idolized by the staff like some revolutionary * You have to pretend you're an expert because Deloitte is a brand. You cannot be honest with people, you are expected to sell the whatever lie they tell you (but they will not frame it as a lie) * Extermly hierarchical. Those beneath you are just that, beneath you. But again, they won't tell you. They'll just smile * They lied to me about the nature of the position. They told me what I wanted to hear so I accepted the offer. A common them.
- 5.0Nov 24, 2023Staff Accountant IIFormer Employee, more than 1 yearWinnipeg, MB
They are one of the Big 4 accounting firms in the world. They offer more salary as compared to other Big 4 accounting firms. The work culture is really great. People are helpful and welcoming.
Long hours, no work-life balance and no overtime
Deloitte Reviews FAQs
Deloitte has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 108,822 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Deloitte to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
80% of Deloitte employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Deloitte 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.