Found 3,108 of over 3K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "It used to be the people were great but with all the people resigning from the corporate office that is no longer the case." (in 152 reviews)
- "This is a fun and loving place to work and the coworkers are great too." (in 123 reviews)
- "Great staff to work with" (in 72 reviews)
- "Fun work environment and people" (in 58 reviews)
- "flexible schedule The other stitchers were nice" (in 43 reviews)
- "Easy fix is to hire more but the pay is low for such a specialized skill" (in 214 reviews)
- "Poor management (went through 2 in the few months I was there) and treated employees like children." (in 191 reviews)
- "Then if you sell enough to make commission then you will only get a very small commission." (in 179 reviews)
- "It’s not even one store’s issues when the regional director is in on everything the managers do" (in 104 reviews)
- "Long hours and emotionally exhausting." (in 82 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of David's Bridal and is not affected by filters.
- 2.0Sept 26, 2023Sales Associate - StylistCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearWinnipeg, MB
Loved the work, gorgeous and inclusive dresses
Corporate sucks, too far detached and know nothing of the industry
- 3.0Aug 25, 2023Sales AssociateFormer Employee, less than 1 yearCalgary, AB
You can make commission and it's fun.
It's messy, employees don't want to be there, and employers don't care. Company standards are not implemented, you can skip training basically. That makes for a bad team with people who would rather do things "their way" which means there is no consistency in customer experience.
- 4.0Aug 15, 2023Alterations SpecialistFormer Employee, less than 1 yearMississauga, ON
- Flexible Hours - Great Staff - Accommodating
- Client’s can lose temper very quickly if alterations aren’t to their liking. - Seated for multiple hours. - Small workspace
- 1.0Jul 26, 2023Customer Service RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearCambridge, ON
Literally nothing is a pro here, maybe the hours if you're part-time and just looking for some pocket money.
Everything else. The management is does not accommodate to the employees. They expect you to work excessively for minimum wage while they sit in the back and do nothing. The managers also talk about everyone, but they will be very nice to your face.1
- 4.0Jul 13, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearOttawa, ON
I really enjoyed helping a bride find the dress for her special day
Seasonal work only during bridal season
- 2.0Apr 29, 2023StylistFormer Employee, more than 1 yearScarborough, ON
you get some experience with dealing with customers
- they do not have an advance pay system hence I was underpaid even with the help of asking 2 different managers I still was underpaid - they push a lot of pressure on you and hardly give you training you basically stuck on a tablet for training and then they push you on the sales floor
- 4.0May 26, 2023StylistCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLangley, BC
A lot to learn about customer service in Canada. Managers are cooperative and flexible as per your availability. Good pay .
Need strong physical strength to keep yourself on your toes for long hours. At times, you feel overburdened , specially at the time of season.
David's Bridal Reviews FAQs
David's Bridal has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 3,217 reviews left anonymously by employees. 46% of employees would recommend working at David's Bridal to a friend and 29% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
46% of David's Bridal employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated David's Bridal 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.