Danaher Reviews

4.1
Danaher CEO Rainer M. Blair
Rainer M. Blair
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"Best company to work with"

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst

I have been working at Danaher full-time

Pros

Best company to work with

Cons

I don't think any cons to describe

May 3, 2021Global Candidate Experience Manager

Hello, thank you for your review! We're pleased to hear you're enjoying your time at Danaher. Its a pleasure to have you on our team!

2. "Space to grow"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Vice President Organizational Development and Training in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Danaher full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Many opportunities to be exposed to new work and build capabilities that support your career aspirations. Leaders provide support and coaching in the application of these new skills to ensure personal and professional success.

Cons

The Danaher culture is best suited for people who have a continuous improvement mindset and a strong desire to made a difference in a fast paced environment. This may not be suitable for everyone.

December 7, 2020Global Candidate Experience Manager

Hello We're pleased to hear you're enjoying your experience at Danaher and have been able to use the many work opportunities to advance your career over the 10+ years you have been with us. As a valued member of our team, thank you again for the feedback.

"Endless Opportunities to Realize Your Potential"

Current Employee - Vice President, Talent Management

I have been working at Danaher full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

1. Amazing, committed, smart people who love to learn and grow in a company that is advancing science and technology and making a meaningful difference in people's lives. 2. Opportunities to advance your career in ways no other company can offer, across a variety of roles, industries and geographies and, more and more, in an increasingly remote and agile way. 3. The Danaher Business System which teaches all of us, no matter what function or role, how to operate and continuously improve a successful business while leading with trust and integrity. 4. People Leaders who are committed to the growth and development of their teams and themselves to constantly improve and realize potential. 5. A place that offers the opportunity to truly discover what you're capable of and have an impact that matters.

Cons

For some, the hard work...but it comes with big returns.

November 16, 2020Global Candidate Experience Manager

Thank you for your feedback, it is truly appreciated. As a valued member of our team, thank you again for taking the time to review us.

4. "Cool"

Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Danaher full-time

Pros

It was a great time with cool people

Cons

I guess it’s a job

Continue reading

August 12, 2020University Recruiting Coordinator Assistant

5. "Cool"

4.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Vaughan, ON

I worked at Danaher full-time

Pros

Good company culture and leadership

Cons

More opportunities required for employees to get promoted

September 25, 2020University Recruiting Coordinator Assistant

Thank you very much for your feedback. We strive to live our company values each day and are encouraged that you feel as that is a positive.

"pros and cons like all the conglomerates"

1.0
    Former Employee - Technician

I worked at Danaher full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked at a company of Danaher. I was lucky to meet a couple of nice people. It's a job, so at least can pay your bills.

Cons

The company cares most the stock price. No career development unless you are managers. Employees are used as cheap labour, no matter how skilled you are. Don't believe what they say. They're trying to squeeze out the last drop from you. All they care about is to have a good looking bottom line and rise their stock price. They should change their business to stock trading. I don't buy a sing share of this company, even though it won't affect them at all, because I don't believe a high-tech company who don't value innovation and its employees and customers. The company changes its organisation structure frequently, makes people feel insecure. They love inorganic growth. If one business is not doing good, just sell it and buy a new one. They believe so much in that management, not hard-working people, can create new technologies.

7. "Awesome corporation"

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Danaher full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great work-life balance, great benefits

Cons

you could sometimes become just a number

8. "Great place to work if you like working with repeatable process"

4.0
    Former Employee - Product Manager

I worked at Danaher full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Process Great Paternity leave Opportunity for advancement if you are looking for it.

Cons

Can become siloed when you look to move up.

9. "Growth Opportunities but sometimes weak people management"

I have been working at Danaher full-time

Pros

-Growth Company -Great shared purpose -Room for advancement

Cons

-DBS not applied uniformly -Vision and feedback loop not often as frequent as likely needed

"Danaher"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Danaher full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

1. Danaher and its operating companies are stable and well-established 2. Pay and bonuses, outside of Silicon Valley, are decent

Cons

1. Danaher operating companies are typically a few years behind with respect to using innovative technology 2. To grow career, you need to transfer and physically relocate. Danaher needs to catch up with respect to remote work 3. Too many demands put on teams; Danaher does not like to hire to alleviate pressure, rather, they prefer to do efficiency projects (kaizens) to squeeze even more productivity out of severely overworked employees. 4. Danaher does not offer competitive salaries in Silicon Valley, making it near impossible to get great talent in this area.

Continue reading