DRW Reviews

Updated Mar 14, 2020

4.1
DRW Founder & CEO Donald R. Wilson, Jr.
Donald R. Wilson, Jr.
Pros
Cons
  • "Very little collaboration with traders(in 10 reviews)

• "If you are very early in your career or if you want to have a very good work/life balance, this is a good company(in 6 reviews)

"Amazing company!"

5.0

I have been working at DRW full-time

Pros

- Great work culture - Smart colleagues - Exposed to lots of cutting edge technologies - Amazing benefits

Cons

- Not possible to work from home

DRW2017-12-09
  2. "Good culture, unorganized work"

Current Employee - Employee

I have been working at DRW full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- A lot of perks - Good culture

Cons

- The work is all over the place - Managers are promoted based on seniority, not competence

DRW2020-01-05

February 4, 2020Global Head of Talent Acquisition

While we appreciate the positive feedback on our culture and perks, your insights on what was challenging are even more helpful, so thank you. Certainly the nature of a trading firm is to be opportunistic, which brings some amount of pivoting but we also want to make sure our teams feel those shifts are intentional when it affects their priorities. Our hope is that some of the new tools we’ve put in place help drive that alignment and awareness but it’s something we’ll be mindful of moving forward. If you’re open to sharing more about your situation, HR or your manager would benefit from hearing more details.

3. "Fast paced"

Former Employee - Real Time Trader in Montreal, QC

I worked at DRW full-time for less than a year

Pros

Laid back environment and good team

Cons

unsustainable work culture due to odd hours

Continue reading
    DRW2019-12-30

February 4, 2020Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing your feedback. Having a good team and a laid-back environment are important to us and part of how we actively seek to balance the demands of the job. We recognize that some of the assets we trade create atypical schedules and appreciate you sharing your perspective.

"Anonymous"

I have been working at DRW full-time

Pros

- good benefit: RRSP matching, catered breakfast and lunch, snacks, coffee - good work/life balance - downtown location with a beautiful office - nice people - if you are free out of university, it's a good place.

Cons

- not much career opportunity - management stays forever, makes it hard to advance so does the salary - certain unqualified people in management seem to live in their own bubble. - lack of meaning in work - teams are silo'ed and like to keep secret In general, the company positions itself as a trading company but they hire a lot of undergrad with no experience in trading. Certain desks rely heavily on technologies. At the same time, the company wants to attract top tech talents but fails to provide good projects or competitive salaries compared to top tech companies. If you are very early in your career or if you want to have a very good work/life balance, this is a good company. If you are seeking challenges, learning opportunities and career advancement, this company is too niche.

DRW2019-04-24

May 13, 2019Global Head of Talent Acquisition

We are glad to see you have a strong work-life balance and find DRW to be a solid opportunity upon graduation. While our career advancement may not come in the form of titles, employees here take on more responsibility as their skills grow, and we are proud that this has resulted in very high retention rates at all levels. We encourage you to talk to your manager about what new projects you can take on to keep yourself challenged. We also encourage you to explore our internal and external learning opportunities to help you build new skills - you can contact HR to get more information about what is available.

5. "Agile management, friendly working environment"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Montreal, QC

I have been working at DRW full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Big space for individual growth

Cons

a little confusion about management

DRW2019-02-20

"System administrator at Vigilant"

4.0
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Montreal, QC

I worked at DRW full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Breakfast and Lunch provided by company Cool office Plenty of snacks Great benefits Excellent coworkers Amazing projects and technologies

Cons

Long and weird working hours Goals are always changing, resulting in projects being abandoned

DRW2019-01-08

March 14, 2019Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience on Glassdoor. We’re happy to hear you had a positive experience at Vigilant. We’ll use your feedback to help guide our employees as they set goals, and put plans in place to achieve them.

"My experience with Vigilant"

1.0
    Former Employee - Sys Administrative

I worked at DRW full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Nice building - Nice team activity - Nice benefits

Cons

- Weak technical level in certain team - Doing the same thing day after day (get bored) - If you are looking for challenges and improve your career so this not the right company.

DRW2018-12-19

March 14, 2019Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Glassdoor. Our employees are constantly working to learn and build their technical skills, and we are sorry to hear you did not experience that. In the future, we will try to do more to ensure employees have the resources to learn and continually challenge themselves.

"All that shines, is not gold!"

2.0
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Montreal, QC

I worked at DRW full-time for more than a year

Pros

* great perks, benefits and big bonuses * friendly environment with amazing colleagues from other teams

Cons

* not a lot of smart people around you * amateur managers with little experience, tends to lead towards stunted learning and career growth * not enough market impact for your job experience, as its an exclusive "PRIVATE" hedge fund * frequent firing all year round, fear of job security looms over everybody's head

Continue reading
    DRW2018-05-05
  9. "Great place"

4.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I worked at DRW full-time for more than a year

Pros

They provide you with all tools you need. Great benefits.

Cons

Stressful working environment for a few employees because of the nature of work.

DRW2017-12-04

December 11, 2017HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to review Vigilant on Glassdoor. Getting feedback from our employees means a lot to us, and we use it to look for ways to improve. Working in the global financial markets does entail periods of stress, but also excitement, for some of our employees, but we’re happy to hear that you have the tools to be successful and you feel well taken of by our benefits and perks.

10. "Software Dev Intern"

5.0
    Software Developer Intern in Montreal, QC

I worked at DRW for more than a year

Pros

-Great perks - Friendly people - Flexible work hours - Flexible work environment and technologies

Cons

- Some work can be repetitive - Depending on the project, you could working with some legacy code

DRW2017-10-17

November 20, 2017HR Coordinator

Thank you for telling us what you think and for your contributions. We’re glad that you enjoyed our perks and culture as much we do! We believe internships are for growth and improving your skills – that might sometimes mean repetition or working on legacy systems, but it also always means a chance to make something better.

Found 102 reviews