DNE Resources Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.7
DNE Resources Co-Founder & President Wayne Burke
Wayne Burke

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "DNE is a great place to wort at" (in 6 reviews)

• "DNE rewards hard work and loyalty more than any company" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Can be tough in harsh weather conditions, due to door to door sale job" (in 3 reviews)

• "None that come to mind - Like any company there is always going to be situations or issues that come up" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Amazing Culture and Opportunity for Growth"

I worked at DNE Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great people (in and out of the office) - work had play hard!
    - Opportunity for tremendous personal and professional growth
    - Uncapped earning potential
    - Agile business model (adapts quickly to challenging markets)

Overall a great place to work. Whether it's your first sales job or you are looking to take your career to the next level, DNE will challenge you to rise to your full potential.

Cons

- Usual ups and downs of any sales job
    - Unpredictable obstacles (energy markets are volatile)

It's not for everyone, but that's every sales job. Gotta have grit and tenacity to succeed. This place offers more opportunity than most, but you only get what you put in.

Advice to Management

Upgrade CRM

4 Jan, 2019 – Marketing Manager

Hello there! Thank you for taking the time to post - it's greatly appreciated.

We couldn't agree with you more regarding the fact that you get what you put in. Hard work and grit is definitely... More

2. "Learned to sell and positive environment + great ethics from Management"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Montreal, QC
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Montreal, QC

I worked at DNE Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is where I officially began my sales career. I was taught how to cold call, what to say, how to overcome objections, and to instil that confidence and conviction, and control my tonality. This experience prepared me for my sales career and 3+ years later I am still using those skills I learned and applying them today regardless of the industry I am working in. Management are very supportive and you get a sense of purpose when working there. Wayne and Steve are dedicated and will make time for anyone to voice their opinion. They welcome change and to challenge the status quo and have set up a great team to support the entire staff whether you're on the sales team, or operations, or marketing, it was truly a pleasure to work alongside Wayne and Steve, you will feed off their energy, no pun intended haha.

Cons

I have nothing but great things to say about the business and the leaders, Wayne and Steve.

Advice to Management

Continue to have monthly or quarterly meetings with all employees.

12 Dec, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to post! We deeply thank you for all your kind words.

It is so great to hear that the skills acquired at DNE prepared you for your sales career. We wish... More

3. "Energy Consultant"

I worked at DNE Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Environment! Really good people, they have allot of office events to really bring everyone together as a family! Great support of Charity type of events for good causes.

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say, do your work as your hired to do and the rewards will come

Advice to Management

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! Continue to grow and support your reps

1 Nov, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to post! We would like to sincerely thank you for your glowing review.

DNE prides itself on cultivating a strong family/team environment. As one of our... More

4. "Hard work = Success"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pointe-Claire, QC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pointe-Claire, QC

I have been working at DNE Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working in an environment that encourages you to be your best along with great incentives and great co workers makes it easy to enjoy your job.
    The core values that DNE embrace are "do the right thing" "stay hungry, stay humble" "work hard, play hard" "give back", I think these are staples that everyone should incorporate to their daily lives. My experience with DNE so far has been very positive

Cons

None that come to mind - Like any company there is always going to be situations or issues that come up. Nothing is life is perfect.

15 Oct, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Hi and thank you for taking the time to post!

We truly appreciate your feedback and all of your great work here at DNE. We wish you nothing but continued success.

"Not as good as it seems"

Former Employee - "Energy Consultant" in Edmonton, AB
    Former Employee - "Energy Consultant" in Edmonton, AB

I worked at DNE Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hired me basically on the spot with no background check.

Cons

You have to have no conscience to work here. The company will cut corners to get you to work as much as possible. For example: We stayed in a 2 person room on a business trip and they crammed 6 people in there. Literally 2 strangers to a bed and 2 sleeping on the floor. In the same room together. Breakfast was only for two people, so we took turns who ate breakfast and who did not.

Now lets see... I worked the fall and into the winter and did not have my jacket or hat given to me until it was very cold since it is company policy. I had to wear my own clothes for that time and then when I did get the red jacket and navy blue hat, they were terrible. I had to wear more clothes than I do hunting or ice fishing.

Working here was ok since most of the peopel that stayed were cool but then there were the snakes. I would sign about 6-9 people per day which was pretty good at the time, but then there was this fellow that would go behind me and take my contracts.

Do not work here in the winter since you will be forced to rely on the hospitality of people to warm up, and they do this so you try to hit more houses. You work late into the night until 9pm when the sun sets at 4.

Overall, I quit once I realized this was a pyramid scheme and realized I have a conscience. Thanks to them I hold a Masters degree and working toward a PhD in Law to take companies like this down.

Advice to Management

Fix your company and listen to the criticism.

1 Nov, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Our company conducts a criminal background check for every single person we have ever engaged and are mandated to do so by law in most cases. There is no... More

6. "VP Commercial Energy Markets"

Former Employee - Web Developer in Montreal, QC
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Montreal, QC

I worked at DNE Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great learning and earning opportunity

Cons

Fast growth = backlog of problems that add up

Advice to Management

Know when to push and pull.

14 Aug, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Hello there, thank you for taking the time to post.

We sincerely appreciate your great feedback, as we are always looking for new ways to grow and improve.

All the best in your future... More

"Dishonest, unfair, bad practices"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Calgary, AB

I worked at DNE Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free water and they accept everyone because of industry leading employee turnover.

Cons

They promise everything to entice you, and nothing comes of it. and it pays worse than any other commision job because there's no benefits, no base salary and you have to do everything yourself. Your a contractor with no freedom; they set the hours and you have no more freedom than any other job.

They primarily do phone sales and they promote horribly aggressive tactics. It's like being one of those fake telemarketers, and they encourage forcing people in their 80's and 90's to sign a contract on the spot.

They expect you to do everything yourself with nothing in return and they use outdated marketing material, sometimes 5 years old so you even have market yourself too. There's no incentives or campaigns like other companies--they do everything they can to make it more difficult for you because of their laziness and being so out of touch.

The work is stale, boring repetitive and beyond frustrating. They never listen or learn.

16 Jul, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Hello there, thank you for taking the time to post.

Due to feedback like this about our compensation structure, I am happy to report that the vast majority of our entry level sales roles include... More

8. "Best learning Experience for summer job"

Former Employee - Student in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Student in Calgary, AB

I worked at DNE Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Culture - I worked with a good group of people who motivated each other every day.
    President - One of the best experiences was when the president of DNE, Wayne, knocked doors with me one on one. I watched him work and learned so much for the 1 whole hour he spent with me. Plus, he gave me the commission of his sales. An opportunity like this was great.
    It was a tough job and I was not great at it but, I have used this experience and the things I have learned in every job interview I have had since working here. As a student summer job, I would suggest DNE because it will teach you things you will use all your life.
    You can also move up fast if you are committed

Cons

It can be a tough job and is not for everyone. This could be addressed better day to day by management.
    Odd hours

14 Jun, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Hello there, thank you for the feedback!

I must say that I am personally humbled by the really nice comments you made about me (this is Wayne by the way!).

We certainly agree that the job helps... More

9. "Learn skills for a lifetime in a supportive, fun and go-getter environment."

Former Employee - Commercial Energy Consultant in Montreal, QC
    Former Employee - Commercial Energy Consultant in Montreal, QC

I worked at DNE Resources full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- A deep-rooted culture of continuous learning
    - Mentors at every level of the company, with each truly invested in your development
    - Compensation
    - Family culture where efforts don't go unnoticed and favours are returned

Cons

- Steep learning curve to grasp the industry dynamics and skills necessary to succeed
    - Coming from a 9-5 job that entailed only ~3-4 hours of solid work/day, this was a shock (but the old place didn't have the play room for breaks)
    - They want and expect you to succeed, so repeated and ongoing disappointments regarding fulfillment of your tasks are addressed in a caring manner at first, but eventually are dealt with swiftly once they perceive the motivation and shared values are no longer present in the individual

Advice to Management

- Recognizing that their commitment to a shared code of values can sometimes lead to a suboptimal outcome for them and the company; that is to say, people are different in how they view success and life fulfillment, and mgmt could accept that fully first, clearly layout what they expect second, and not expect the gap between the employee's life-view and mgmt's to change over night (or over years even), then I believe they could go farther in their goal to change the energy industry and develop more talented ambitious individuals along the way.

14 Jun, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post!

We are really happy to read all of the positive and frank feedback.

We are quite interested in the "Advice to Management" section. You make a profound... More

10. "Best Place to work"

I have been working at DNE Resources full-time

Pros

You work with people who actually care about you and will not treat you as someone who brings in sales for them. You put in 100% they will give 110% back. Immense growth opportunities.

Cons

No cons to bring up yet.

Advice to Management

Don't be so lenient

14 Jun, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Hello there, thanks for the feedback!

We are really encouraged by your feedback and glad to hear you are enjoying your time with us!

The Advice to Management is also being taken into... More