DNE Resources Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.5
DNE Resources Co-Founder & President Wayne Burke
Wayne Burke

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The Owners have an open door policy that they really stick to and are always approachable and always willing to help out any way they can (in 4 reviews)

• the work environment is absolutely exceptional (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Can be tough in harsh weather conditions, due to door to door sale job (in 3 reviews)

• Commission based only, thus income is not very consistent: (in 4 reviews)

1. "It's good!"

Current Employee - Energy Consultant in Montreal, QC
    Current Employee - Energy Consultant in Montreal, QC

I have been working at DNE Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- family feel environment
    - tight knit group of colleagues (that are pretty much friends at this point)
    - no visible hierarchy
    - ability to action decisions quickly

Cons

- decisions can be made quickly, but they are not always the best ones
    - young executive and senior staff with little to no management experience

Advice to Management

Hire some experience to grow

2. "Hard to Say.."

Former Employee - Door to Door Sales Representative in Edmonton, AB
    Former Employee - Door to Door Sales Representative in Edmonton, AB

I worked at DNE Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Well the people who worked there when I was there was awesome! It became like a family with the staff Eskimos football game, hanging out and vibing. And the training was really good, pushed me wayyy out of my comfort zone, but in such a good way. I had such low confidence going in an after so much high!

Cons

It became stressful very quickly cause your livelihood was dependent on getting a min. About of sales a day to really know if you can pay rent, eat, drive your car. I think there should have been a base pay of even $10/he. So those days where I would get only 1 sale or no sales, I could still have some income for the long 9-10hr days

Advice to Management

Jus to see that no everyone was born with that sales bug. Also, if we found a style at the door, not to push your own ways on us! That confused me a lot an I lost tons of sales. Other than that, have more employee get togetherness outside of work!

21 Aug, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your time at DNE Resources. While we are pleased to see that you enjoyed the fun vibe of working in a dynamic environment and enjoyed the training... More

3. "Sales Agent"

I have been working at DNE Resources full-time

Pros

Great Benefits and perks. Trips, suits, lunch.

Cons

Drink the Koolaid or suffer the consequences

Advice to Management

none

27 Jul, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve your work life with us, we've noticed you've ranked our Culture & Values as well as... More

5. "Former Employee"

I worked at DNE Resources full-time

Pros

Nice office location and good work-life balance.

Cons

I found that the management was not invested in seeing you thrive long term.

27 Jul, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for reviewing DNE Resources. We are sad and disappointed that you have left us partially due to the lack of long-term development. We believe this can have been easily addressed and handled... More

"Dne is possible the worst company ever please avoid at all cost!"

I worked at DNE Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- If you like party this is definitely the company that you would probably like to join and enjoyed. There's free beers on every Fridays and there's a lot of activities within the company. All the employees within the company work in a more or less relax environment.

Cons

- If you're looking for a more serious career please avoid this company at all cost. It's a very young small-mid size company with a lot of young people and hence there's no such of thing of being professional. All employees use poor languages at work with unprofessional communication. Dne resources is definitely one of the most disrespectful workplaces. The only reason why they got the best workplace is probably because they force every single employee to rate for their company (which it's not the right thing to do)

- Insecurity, salary based on commission

- No training, either you are working as a sales person or admin, you won't get any training they will just give you the job and you can start.

- Poor/unsafe work environment, the building where the office is located is at one of the old/antique building at Atwater.

- Employees can be drunk at work, need I say more?

- Managements make poor decisions due to lack of experience.

- I believe I can just go on and on with the list here....

Advice to Management

I have no advice to management but advice to all the future employees!!! Please avoid at all costs!!!!

19 Jun, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. We truly hope that both your listed cons were not the deciding factors for no longer being with us. We believe that each and every one of your concerns and perceptions... More

7. "Best Team I've Ever Had The Pleasure To Work With."

Current Employee - Senior Commercial Energy Consultant in Calgary, AB
    Current Employee - Senior Commercial Energy Consultant in Calgary, AB

I have been working at DNE Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The consultants actually care about their clients and solve real problems from their customers perspectives. With the current energy markets going through so much transition the job feels more like a public service than a grueling 9-5. It makes for a real positive working atmosphere when you have a great team and your clients are actually thankful for your services.

I'm surprised at the amount of knowledge and experience I've picked up working here over the past two years. It takes a lot of self discipline and perseverance to get past the initial hurdle of learning a new trade on the job. Many people have started with DNE since I've been here and left within the first month due to lack of income. This is a career that builds over time based on personal efforts. The statement " You get what you give" has never had a more honest outlet than DNE. The consultants that focus solely on the value they can consistently provide for their clients succeed. Many have been here for years and earn a very good income doing something they love. Myself included.

Other pros are: The team atmosphere, the integrity of our services, the company trips, constant training related to evolving market conditions, goal setting exercises, regular team outings, incentives, bonuses and the general confidence that comes with creating your own financial freedoms.

Cons

They should screen new hires a little more aggressively, some of them seem to think they should be experts in the first 2 weeks and don't survive the reality of of building a lasting business.

The coffee could use an upgrade.

Advice to Management

Focus more on the team's strengths and lead by example. Try not to invest so much time in keeping people who don't have the drive to guarantee results for themselves.

9 Mar, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review! We are happy to see you grasp the concept behind the DNE opportunity as an Energy Consultant, as you work like a true entrepreneur with a “You get what you give... More

8. "Can find better opportunities"

I worked at DNE Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- social activities are great
    - camaraderie and friendship between colleagues is great
    - good stepping stone

Cons

- frat mentality - have to fit in to suceed
    - poor management - can be out of touch with reality
    - unfair pay

17 Mar, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review and feedback. We hope that you have enjoyed your time with us as we wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors.

9. "Energy resellers for hydro and gas"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Calgary, AB

I worked at DNE Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work, with room for advancing fast. Market has been saturated alot now but energy is always needed. deregulation or regulated.

Cons

low commisions pay for awhile until you know product knowledge. Market has been saturated alot now but energy is always needed. deregulation or regulated

Advice to Management

nothing much

30 Jan, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for leaving us a review. More importantly, thank you for your time and effort as a Sales Manager in Calgary. We hope that you have enjoyed your time with us as we wish you nothing but the best... More

"Senior commercial sales manager"

I worked at DNE Resources full-time

Pros

Trips. Company sent us on a few trips a year and I was disappointed by the amount of drugs that were abused there.

Cons

I was given no training when I was hired, basically get on the phone and start dialling and say what you want to get the job done.

Advice to Management

Invest in more training and remember a good businesss is when both parties are happy the client and the broker. Leaving a crum of law suites in not a good business.

30 Jan, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. We are surprised with your claim of drug abuse within our company. Our Code of Conduct is part of every staff members' Employment Agreement and we take serious actions if... More

"A lot of room for improvement!"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Calgary, AB

I worked at DNE Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the few pros about this job is that you get to travel 3 times a year all inclusive vacations paid by the company as long as your hit your quota.

Cons

From my experience I worked at the Calgary office for a few years and the director was very manipulative, 2 faced he would tell you what u wanna hear then turn around and do the opposite just to "try" to motivate you.

The pay structure is all over the place. Employees think there making so much because they don't claw off taxes, so at the end of the year you don't actually end up making as much as you though you were. It's a 6 day a week, 10hrs a day job no matter what they tell you. Also when traveling all expenses are NOT paid they come out fron your own pocket.

Advice to Management

Advice to Director ; Should find better solutions for motivation instead of filling people's heads with empty promises they can't follow through with.

5 Jan, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review and feedback. Regarding your feedback on our local Director, we have taken action to discuss with them regarding their work ethics in order to see if there are any... More