DNE Resources Reviews

Updated Jan 8, 2020

3.7
DNE Resources Co-Founder & President Wayne Burke
Wayne Burke
Pros
  • "Wayne and Steve are dedicated and will make time for anyone to voice their opinion(in 8 reviews)

• "DNE is a great place to wort at(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Full commission work does not allow for a reliable source of income(in 4 reviews)

• "Commission based only, thus income is not very consistent:(in 4 reviews)

1. "Great entrepreneurial spirit"

I worked at DNE Resources full-time

Pros

2 week holidays during christmas Trip in jamaica Give back to the community

Cons

Offices Far from montréal downtown

DNE Resources2019-09-22

September 29, 2019Marketing Manager

Hello and thank you for taking the time to post. Your review is greatly appreciated!

2. "worst company ever worked for.. avoid at all cost."

I worked at DNE Resources full-time for less than a year

Pros

no barrier to enter.

Cons

no salary first hand, fully commission. ppl who working here the way they talk and communicate not very professionally. You will find quite a lot ppl have no university degree and even their management, in resulting lack of proper ways to mentor but push you to sell. they basically wash your head and pump you up every single day...if you leave and they don't care because they can hire another one very quickly... anyways the business model is very sketchy but they call it organic. whoever got their interviews watch movie “boiler room” first and this company is three times worse than that.

DNE Resources2020-01-08

January 14, 2020Marketing Manager

Hey there, thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and giving us an opportunity to improve. You mentioned a commission only role was part of your frustration with the experience, however we haven’t had a commission only position in Montreal for over a year now. Your review mentioned you were in a sales role in Montreal so that must have been a type-o. Perhaps you are in fact in another sales office in Alberta or Ireland where commission only roles do and will exist until the end of January. Thanks to feedback like yours, the commission only opportunities will be eliminated (much to the displeasure of some of our top earners). You also seemed frustrated that we hire people without university degrees. With respect, we strongly disagree with your contention that a university degree is required to be a successful salesperson or sales manager. We pride ourselves on creating opportunities for great people who for one reason or another did not obtain a degree. For example, many people from a low-income background, such as myself (CEO Wayne Burke), have to enter the workforce young, right after high school or CEGEP since University is not affordable. Many of us may not have the family support to pursue higher education and in fact may be supporting our families at a young age. I was lucky to be able to go back to school once I became an entrepreneur thanks to the support of my awesome Co-Founder, Steve. I earned degrees in Political Science from Concordia, Law from McGill and am still pursuing business training at Harvard. While the record clearly demonstrates that I value an academic education, I can tell you with absolute certainty that based on my first-hand experience in every sales management role at DNE, “book learning” has little impact on ability and results in those roles. Furthermore, some people may have the means to attend University but thrive in a different type of learning environment. We are proud to accommodate a diverse workforce and require degrees where needed (accounting and legal departments for example) and not in roles where those degrees have little to no (and sometimes even an inverse) correlation with success. Beyond this, it is quite surprising and unfortunate that you didn't find one positive aspect from working at DNE Resources. We really value a family-like environment and hard work is always rewarded through acknowledgements and bonuses. Additionally, our management is constantly working hard to plan team activities to celebrate hard work and improve every aspect of our business across the board at all times. Your feedback will help us continue to do so. Thank you and good luck with all your future endeavours.

3. "Great culture to work in"

Current Employee - Senior Commercial Energy Consultant in Montreal, QC

I have been working at DNE Resources full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company really becomes you're second family and has structure to grow your career without a cap. There are tons of incentives no matter what the position you work in. Things such as the all inclusive paid vacation each year, work outings, dinners and social events. They promote within which is great for a company that is constantly growing and expanding.

Cons

It is a sales job so sometimes it can be stressful. Luckily the coaching and guidance they can provide helps relieve these lows.

DNE Resources2019-09-06

September 6, 2019Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post, we truly appreciate your feedback and continued hard work!

"Great Environment, Weak Management Structure"

2.0
    Former Employee - Junior Energy Consultant in Montreal, QC

I worked at DNE Resources full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Fun environment -Plenty of nice perks, like, 1 extra day off per month during the Summer months, 2 weeks off on holidays, and many office outings and activities -Very patient with sales employee growth. They know it takes time to start closing your sales -Variable schedule. Choice of starting at 8:30am or 10:00am (depending which market you choose to work in or they assign to you) -Potential to earn a good salary (once you've built enough a pipeline to start having things line up)

Cons

-Sticklers for time. They seem to value assigned break times and start time over performance, which is odd in a sales role, since we make our own paycheck. Also, certain businesses/industries that we target don't fall into the usual 8:30am-4:30pm time slot, so being rigid with schedules aren't very useful -They're still in the growth-stage of their business, so there are many rough edges that have yet to be rounded off -No base salary. They pay draw against commission, and the training salary is very entry-level, so not an ideal environment for any experienced salesmen or anyone that requires a certain level of stability

DNE Resources2019-09-05

September 6, 2019Marketing Manager

Hi there, and thank you for taking the time to post. We couldn't agree more with your mentioned perks, and we pride ourselves on our culture at DNE. We strongly believe in open lines of communications and would never terminate an employee without proper reasoning. In this case, a verbal warning was indeed given for repeated tardiness. This is a sales environment with many agents on the floor, so we expect our agents to stick to a set schedule. All Junior energy consultants have the option to choose between base salary plus bonuses or to graduate to a Senior with the potential to earn greater commission. Thanks again and all the best in your future endeavours!

5. "Terrible business"

Former Employee - N/A

I worked at DNE Resources full-time

Pros

There are absolutely zero pros to work for this company. Worst experience of my life.

Cons

By far the worst company I have ever worked for. They Do Not pay their employees fairly. Do not show any appreciation to their employees. They do not value hard work. There Moto; trust respect and excellence is nonsense.

DNE Resources2019-07-26

August 7, 2019Marketing Manager

Hi there - thank you for your review. It's quite disheartening to hear that you found zero positive aspects to working at DNE. We have great employees who end up feeling like family, excellent growth opportunities, numerous events/activities (including bonus trips), and a wide variety of resources at your fingertips. DNE's leaders go above and beyond to show appreciation to their employees. Big work and personal milestones are always acknowledged and extra team activities are often planned. Our moto is actually do the right thing; stay hungry, stay humble; work hard, play hard; and give. That being said, DNE definitely values hard work as we live by our core values in everything we do. Thank you again for your review and have a great day!

6. "Amazing Culture and Opportunity for Growth"

I worked at DNE Resources full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great people (in and out of the office) - work had play hard! - Opportunity for tremendous personal and professional growth - Uncapped earning potential - Agile business model (adapts quickly to challenging markets) Overall a great place to work. Whether it's your first sales job or you are looking to take your career to the next level, DNE will challenge you to rise to your full potential.

Cons

- Usual ups and downs of any sales job - Unpredictable obstacles (energy markets are volatile) It's not for everyone, but that's every sales job. Gotta have grit and tenacity to succeed. This place offers more opportunity than most, but you only get what you put in.

DNE Resources2019-01-02

January 4, 2019Marketing Manager

Hello there! Thank you for taking the time to post - it's greatly appreciated. We couldn't agree with you more regarding the fact that you get what you put in. Hard work and grit is definitely the recipe to success here at DNE Resources. We're happy to announce that our CRM has been upgraded, and will be launching shortly. We understand the importance of constantly growing and improving, so we without a doubt agree with your advice to management. Thank you again for your review. Have a great day!

7. "Learned to sell and positive environment + great ethics from Management"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Montreal, QC

I worked at DNE Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is where I officially began my sales career. I was taught how to cold call, what to say, how to overcome objections, and to instil that confidence and conviction, and control my tonality. This experience prepared me for my sales career and 3+ years later I am still using those skills I learned and applying them today regardless of the industry I am working in. Management are very supportive and you get a sense of purpose when working there. Wayne and Steve are dedicated and will make time for anyone to voice their opinion. They welcome change and to challenge the status quo and have set up a great team to support the entire staff whether you're on the sales team, or operations, or marketing, it was truly a pleasure to work alongside Wayne and Steve, you will feed off their energy, no pun intended haha.

Cons

I have nothing but great things to say about the business and the leaders, Wayne and Steve.

DNE Resources2018-12-12

December 12, 2018Marketing Manager

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to post! We deeply thank you for all your kind words. It is so great to hear that the skills acquired at DNE prepared you for your sales career. We wish you nothing but the best in all your future endeavours. Thank you!

8. "Energy Consultant"

I worked at DNE Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Environment! Really good people, they have allot of office events to really bring everyone together as a family! Great support of Charity type of events for good causes.

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say, do your work as your hired to do and the rewards will come

DNE Resources2018-10-31

November 1, 2018Marketing Manager

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to post! We would like to sincerely thank you for your glowing review. DNE prides itself on cultivating a strong family/team environment. As one of our core value states, we believe in working hard but also playing just as hard. We wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavours!

9. "Hard work = Success"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pointe-Claire, QC

I have been working at DNE Resources full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working in an environment that encourages you to be your best along with great incentives and great co workers makes it easy to enjoy your job. The core values that DNE embrace are "do the right thing" "stay hungry, stay humble" "work hard, play hard" "give back", I think these are staples that everyone should incorporate to their daily lives. My experience with DNE so far has been very positive

Cons

None that come to mind - Like any company there is always going to be situations or issues that come up. Nothing is life is perfect.

DNE Resources2018-10-13

October 15, 2018Marketing Manager

Hi and thank you for taking the time to post! We truly appreciate your feedback and all of your great work here at DNE. We wish you nothing but continued success.

"Not as good as it seems"

Former Employee - "Energy Consultant" in Edmonton, AB

I worked at DNE Resources full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hired me basically on the spot with no background check.

Cons

You have to have no conscience to work here. The company will cut corners to get you to work as much as possible. For example: We stayed in a 2 person room on a business trip and they crammed 6 people in there. Literally 2 strangers to a bed and 2 sleeping on the floor. In the same room together. Breakfast was only for two people, so we took turns who ate breakfast and who did not. Now lets see... I worked the fall and into the winter and did not have my jacket or hat given to me until it was very cold since it is company policy. I had to wear my own clothes for that time and then when I did get the red jacket and navy blue hat, they were terrible. I had to wear more clothes than I do hunting or ice fishing. Working here was ok since most of the peopel that stayed were cool but then there were the snakes. I would sign about 6-9 people per day which was pretty good at the time, but then there was this fellow that would go behind me and take my contracts. Do not work here in the winter since you will be forced to rely on the hospitality of people to warm up, and they do this so you try to hit more houses. You work late into the night until 9pm when the sun sets at 4. Overall, I quit once I realized this was a pyramid scheme and realized I have a conscience. Thanks to them I hold a Masters degree and working toward a PhD in Law to take companies like this down.

DNE Resources2018-10-29

November 1, 2018Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Our company conducts a criminal background check for every single person we have ever engaged and are mandated to do so by law in most cases. There is no way that you could be on-boarded or paid by our company without this background check on file. Therefore, we can say with absolute certainty that this aspect of your review is categorically false. As to your other points, we closed the door to door sales division of our company back in January 1st 2017, which was over 22 months ago. It is curious that you are only posting this now, nonetheless we hear your concerns. Our company policy during road trips is always a maximum of 4 people per room. As per the winter gear, we ensure that all staff is fully equipped prior to engaging with customers. If either of these policies were not respected during your time at DNE, we would have greatly appreciated hearing your concerns in real time through your local manager, who would have immediately escalated the issue to head office. Moreover, there is also an anonymous feedback dropbox that is linked to our HR department who handles these types of issues with great urgency. DNE prides itself as being a team that always works together in order to achieve success. Thanks again for your feedback, as we strive to be constantly learning and growing.

Found 81 reviews