DNE Resources Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.4
DNE Resources Co-Founder & President Wayne Burke
Wayne Burke

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The Owners have an open door policy that they really stick to and are always approachable and always willing to help out any way they can (in 4 reviews)

• the work environment is absolutely exceptional (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Commission based only, thus income is not very consistent: (in 4 reviews)

• Full commission only so if your market softens, you may be in for pain (in 3 reviews)

1. "average sales job with a big payout"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Montreal, QC
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Montreal, QC

I have been working at DNE Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pays very well if you work for it. Many people don't understand what that means, in context. I have worked for this company for more for 3 years now... through great times and not-so-great times. DNE has paid me incredibly well for my efforts.

Cons

This job is not for everyone, it can get frustrating but that's just sales. If it's not something a person is truly cut-out for then this is not the job for them. The execs at DNE do have a history of keeping people around long past the point where they should be let go, and that's unhealthy for the employee and employer. Probably should start changing that around a bit.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring friends and family members. In most cases they do not have the skill set and all of you are just wasting time... then they leave frustrated and leave bad reviews so they can feel better about themselves.

"Dne is possible the worst company ever please avoid at all cost!"

I worked at DNE Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- If you like party this is definitely the company that you would probably like to join and enjoyed. There's free beers on every Fridays and there's a lot of activities within the company. All the employees within the company work in a more or less relax environment.

Cons

- If you're looking for a more serious career please avoid this company at all cost. It's a very young small-mid size company with a lot of young people and hence there's no such of thing of being professional. All employees use poor languages at work with unprofessional communication. Dne resources is definitely one of the most disrespectful workplaces. The only reason why they got the best workplace is probably because they force every single employee to rate for their company (which it's not the right thing to do)

- Insecurity, salary based on commission

- No training, either you are working as a sales person or admin, you won't get any training they will just give you the job and you can start.

- Poor/unsafe work environment, the building where the office is located is at one of the old/antique building at Atwater.

- Employees can be drunk at work, need I say more?

- Managements make poor decisions due to lack of experience.

- I believe I can just go on and on with the list here....

Advice to Management

I have no advice to management but advice to all the future employees!!! Please avoid at all costs!!!!

19 Jun, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. We truly hope that both your listed cons were not the deciding factors for no longer being with us. We believe that each and every one of your concerns and perceptions... More

3. "Best Team I've Ever Had The Pleasure To Work With."

Current Employee - Senior Commercial Energy Consultant in Calgary, AB
    Current Employee - Senior Commercial Energy Consultant in Calgary, AB

I have been working at DNE Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The consultants actually care about their clients and solve real problems from their customers perspectives. With the current energy markets going through so much transition the job feels more like a public service than a grueling 9-5. It makes for a real positive working atmosphere when you have a great team and your clients are actually thankful for your services.

I'm surprised at the amount of knowledge and experience I've picked up working here over the past two years. It takes a lot of self discipline and perseverance to get past the initial hurdle of learning a new trade on the job. Many people have started with DNE since I've been here and left within the first month due to lack of income. This is a career that builds over time based on personal efforts. The statement " You get what you give" has never had a more honest outlet than DNE. The consultants that focus solely on the value they can consistently provide for their clients succeed. Many have been here for years and earn a very good income doing something they love. Myself included.

Other pros are: The team atmosphere, the integrity of our services, the company trips, constant training related to evolving market conditions, goal setting exercises, regular team outings, incentives, bonuses and the general confidence that comes with creating your own financial freedoms.

Cons

They should screen new hires a little more aggressively, some of them seem to think they should be experts in the first 2 weeks and don't survive the reality of of building a lasting business.

The coffee could use an upgrade.

Advice to Management

Focus more on the team's strengths and lead by example. Try not to invest so much time in keeping people who don't have the drive to guarantee results for themselves.

9 Mar, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review! We are happy to see you grasp the concept behind the DNE opportunity as an Energy Consultant, as you work like a true entrepreneur with a “You get what you give... More

5. "Can find better opportunities"

I worked at DNE Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- social activities are great
    - camaraderie and friendship between colleagues is great
    - good stepping stone

Cons

- frat mentality - have to fit in to suceed
    - poor management - can be out of touch with reality
    - unfair pay

17 Mar, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review and feedback. We hope that you have enjoyed your time with us as we wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors.

6. "Energy resellers for hydro and gas"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Calgary, AB

I worked at DNE Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work, with room for advancing fast. Market has been saturated alot now but energy is always needed. deregulation or regulated.

Cons

low commisions pay for awhile until you know product knowledge. Market has been saturated alot now but energy is always needed. deregulation or regulated

Advice to Management

nothing much

30 Jan, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thanks for leaving us a review. More importantly, thank you for your time and effort as a Sales Manager in Calgary. We hope that you have enjoyed your time with us as we wish you nothing but the best... More

"Senior commercial sales manager"

I worked at DNE Resources full-time

Pros

Trips. Company sent us on a few trips a year and I was disappointed by the amount of drugs that were abused there.

Cons

I was given no training when I was hired, basically get on the phone and start dialling and say what you want to get the job done.

Advice to Management

Invest in more training and remember a good businesss is when both parties are happy the client and the broker. Leaving a crum of law suites in not a good business.

30 Jan, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. We are surprised with your claim of drug abuse within our company. Our Code of Conduct is part of every staff members' Employment Agreement and we take serious actions if... More

"A lot of room for improvement!"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Calgary, AB

I worked at DNE Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the few pros about this job is that you get to travel 3 times a year all inclusive vacations paid by the company as long as your hit your quota.

Cons

From my experience I worked at the Calgary office for a few years and the director was very manipulative, 2 faced he would tell you what u wanna hear then turn around and do the opposite just to "try" to motivate you.

The pay structure is all over the place. Employees think there making so much because they don't claw off taxes, so at the end of the year you don't actually end up making as much as you though you were. It's a 6 day a week, 10hrs a day job no matter what they tell you. Also when traveling all expenses are NOT paid they come out fron your own pocket.

Advice to Management

Advice to Director ; Should find better solutions for motivation instead of filling people's heads with empty promises they can't follow through with.

5 Jan, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review and feedback. Regarding your feedback on our local Director, we have taken action to discuss with them regarding their work ethics in order to see if there are any... More

"no security"

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Edmonton, AB
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Edmonton, AB

I worked at DNE Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great support from HR manager, whom was something always to look forward to.

Cons

no security due to the changes come 2017

Advice to Management

try and be more open about information.

5 Jan, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. We have shared your positive feedback to our local HR Manager in Edmonton. Despite the recent news of door-to-door energy sales ban in Alberta, we have been working on a... More

"We are responsible for the Door 2 Door Ban in AB!"

Current Employee - Director in Calgary, AB
    Current Employee - Director in Calgary, AB

I have been working at DNE Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

scotch Fridays. we just get wasted at work.

Cons

as a director i was in charge of hiring, we just hired a bunch of high school kids with no experience and we received 1000 complaints in the residential market which caused the Alberta government to ban it as of Jan 1st 2017. We are responsible of this!

5 Jan, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear that you are enjoying our Friday events, perhaps a little too much but that’s just my opinion. We are surprised by your claims of receiving... More

"Energy Consultant"

Former Employee - Energy Consultant in Montreal, QC
    Former Employee - Energy Consultant in Montreal, QC

I worked at DNE Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro is that you're working with people that are in the same boat as you and that you they have a playstation...

Cons

You're making nothing but commission on the sales that you get through lying to clients constantly. It gets very tiring to work there and every morning, I was waking up bitter to go to work and getting home even more bitter by the lack of work. The only times you get lucky and actually get a sale, you'll see your residual income lost once you terminate employment.

Advice to Management

Change the way you pay your employees, nobody wants to work for free.

5 Jan, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. We are aware that the earnings opportunity is very high, but we also know it can take some time before reaching that level. For this reason, we are currently testing out... More