DNE Resources Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Sep 22, 2019

3.8
DNE Resources CEO Wayne Burke
Wayne Burke
Pros
  • "Wayne and Steve are dedicated and will make time for anyone to voice their opinion(in 8 reviews)

• "DNE is a great place to wort at(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Commission based only, thus income is not very consistent:(in 4 reviews)

• "Door to door sales with purely comission pay (could be pro depends on you)(in 3 reviews)

1. "Great entrepreneurial spirit"

I worked at DNE Resources full-time

Pros

2 week holidays during christmas Trip in jamaica Give back to the community

Cons

Offices Far from montréal downtown

DNE Resources2019-09-22
  2. "Great culture to work in"

Current Employee - Senior Commercial Energy Consultant in Montreal, QC

I have been working at DNE Resources full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company really becomes you're second family and has structure to grow your career without a cap. There are tons of incentives no matter what the position you work in. Things such as the all inclusive paid vacation each year, work outings, dinners and social events. They promote within which is great for a company that is constantly growing and expanding.

Cons

It is a sales job so sometimes it can be stressful. Luckily the coaching and guidance they can provide helps relieve these lows.

Advice to Management

As a young company with fast growth it is sometimes hard to keep up with the advancements.

DNE Resources2019-09-06

"Great Environment, Weak Management Structure"

Former Employee - Junior Energy Consultant in Montreal, QC

I worked at DNE Resources full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Fun environment -Plenty of nice perks, like, 1 extra day off per month during the Summer months, 2 weeks off on holidays, and many office outings and activities -Very patient with sales employee growth. They know it takes time to start closing your sales -Variable schedule. Choice of starting at 8:30am or 10:00am (depending which market you choose to work in or they assign to you) -Potential to earn a... good salary (once you've built enough a pipeline to start having things line up)

Cons

-Sticklers for time. They seem to value assigned break times and start time over performance, which is odd in a sales role, since we make our own paycheck. Also, certain businesses/industries that we target don't fall into the usual 8:30am-4:30pm time slot, so being rigid with schedules aren't very useful -They're still in the growth-stage of their business, so there are many rough edges that have yet to be... rounded off -No base salary. They pay draw against commission, and the training salary is very entry-level, so not an ideal environment for any experienced salesmen or anyone that requires a certain level of stability

Advice to Management

I was terminated out of the blue, and was not given any proper reason as to why, other than tardiness (which was not often, and even when it did happen, was only by a minute or two). When pushed for more info, I was just told that I wasn't a good fit, and it just wasn't working out, as if trying to end an uncomfortable conversation. I exceeded the daily quotas, never missed a day of work, was respectful with my... colleagues and superiors, and I had even stayed extra time every day for the last two weeks, working on building my own set of leads (when others did not). I'd expect at least the courtesy of getting a proper explanation as to why I was terminated, instead of being hushed out of the building like a delinquent employee that stole from them. My main advice would be to have more professionalism in the management roles, and to understand that salesmen are more effective when they put in the hours they need in order to get the job done, instead of forcing a set schedule, since this is not a retail sales job. As long as the employee is doing the work, and and hitting/exceeding the quotas, then the schedule should be up to him/her to implement.

DNE Resources2019-09-05
  4. "Terrible business"

Former Employee - N/A

I worked at DNE Resources full-time

Pros

There are absolutely zero pros to work for this company. Worst experience of my life.

Cons

By far the worst company I have ever worked for. They Do Not pay their employees fairly. Do not show any appreciation to their employees. They do not value hard work. There Moto; trust respect and excellence is nonsense.

DNE Resources2019-07-26
  5. "Amazing Culture and Opportunity for Growth"

Former Employee - Energy Consultant in Montreal, QC

I worked at DNE Resources full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great people (in and out of the office) - work had play hard! - Opportunity for tremendous personal and professional growth - Uncapped earning potential - Agile business model (adapts quickly to challenging markets) Overall a great place to work. Whether it's your first sales job or you are looking to take your career to the next level, DNE will challenge you to rise to your full potential.

Cons

- Usual ups and downs of any sales job - Unpredictable obstacles (energy markets are volatile) It's not for everyone, but that's every sales job. Gotta have grit and tenacity to succeed. This place offers more opportunity than most, but you only get what you put in.

Advice to Management

Upgrade CRM

DNE Resources2019-01-02
  6. "Learned to sell and positive environment + great ethics from Management"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Montreal, QC

I worked at DNE Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is where I officially began my sales career. I was taught how to cold call, what to say, how to overcome objections, and to instil that confidence and conviction, and control my tonality. This experience prepared me for my sales career and 3+ years later I am still using those skills I learned and applying them today regardless of the industry I am working in. Management are very supportive and you get a sense... of purpose when working there. Wayne and Steve are dedicated and will make time for anyone to voice their opinion. They welcome change and to challenge the status quo and have set up a great team to support the entire staff whether you're on the sales team, or operations, or marketing, it was truly a pleasure to work alongside Wayne and Steve, you will feed off their energy, no pun intended haha.

Cons

I have nothing but great things to say about the business and the leaders, Wayne and Steve.

Advice to Management

Continue to have monthly or quarterly meetings with all employees.

DNE Resources2018-12-12
  7. "Energy Consultant"

Former Employee - Energy Consultant in Montreal, QC

I worked at DNE Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Environment! Really good people, they have allot of office events to really bring everyone together as a family! Great support of Charity type of events for good causes.

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say, do your work as your hired to do and the rewards will come

Advice to Management

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! Continue to grow and support your reps

DNE Resources2018-10-31
  8. "Hard work = Success"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pointe-Claire, QC

I have been working at DNE Resources full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working in an environment that encourages you to be your best along with great incentives and great co workers makes it easy to enjoy your job. The core values that DNE embrace are "do the right thing" "stay hungry, stay humble" "work hard, play hard" "give back", I think these are staples that everyone should incorporate to their daily lives. My experience with DNE so far has been very positive

Cons

None that come to mind - Like any company there is always going to be situations or issues that come up. Nothing is life is perfect.

DNE Resources2018-10-13

"Not as good as it seems"

Former Employee - "Energy Consultant" in Edmonton, AB

I worked at DNE Resources full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hired me basically on the spot with no background check.

Cons

You have to have no conscience to work here. The company will cut corners to get you to work as much as possible. For example: We stayed in a 2 person room on a business trip and they crammed 6 people in there. Literally 2 strangers to a bed and 2 sleeping on the floor. In the same room together. Breakfast was only for two people, so we took turns who ate breakfast and who did not. Now lets see... I worked the... fall and into the winter and did not have my jacket or hat given to me until it was very cold since it is company policy. I had to wear my own clothes for that time and then when I did get the red jacket and navy blue hat, they were terrible. I had to wear more clothes than I do hunting or ice fishing. Working here was ok since most of the peopel that stayed were cool but then there were the snakes. I would sign about 6-9 people per day which was pretty good at the time, but then there was this fellow that would go behind me and take my contracts. Do not work here in the winter since you will be forced to rely on the hospitality of people to warm up, and they do this so you try to hit more houses. You work late into the night until 9pm when the sun sets at 4. Overall, I quit once I realized this was a pyramid scheme and realized I have a conscience. Thanks to them I hold a Masters degree and working toward a PhD in Law to take companies like this down.

Advice to Management

Fix your company and listen to the criticism.

DNE Resources2018-10-29
  10. "VP Commercial Energy Markets"

Former Employee - Web Developer in Montreal, QC

I worked at DNE Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great learning and earning opportunity

Cons

Fast growth = backlog of problems that add up

Advice to Management

Know when to push and pull.

DNE Resources2018-08-10