DNE Resources Reviews

Updated Apr 19, 2021

4.4
DNE Resources Co-Founder & President Wayne Burke
Wayne Burke
Pros
  • "Wayne prides himself on ensuring his staff has access to the tools needed in order to promote mental health(in 9 reviews)

• "Ideas, recommendations, and feedback are always welcomed and considered, making it a very honest work environment(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "The fast pace means hard work - but you get back what you put in(in 5 reviews)

• "Full commission work does not allow for a reliable source of income(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Provides support and focus on holistic wellness and achievements"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Montreal, QC

I have been working at DNE Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

Authentic leadership and amazing staff offers a great workplace environment

Cons

No cons at the moment

2. "When I am asked how my "new" job is going, I can't help but smile and say it is AMAZING!"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Kirkland, QC

I have been working at DNE Resources full-time for less than a year

Pros

I heard so much about the culture at this company but didn't understand what it was truly all about until I actually started to work at DNE. It is not just about the culture...the employees and managers are so helpful and encouraging. Truly can't think of a better place to work. Encouragement, culture, office vibe, possibility of growth, understanding, benefits, community involvement, educational support

Cons

Nothing to report, all pros!

March 25, 2021Marketing Manager

Thanks for your positivity! We’re always thrilled to gain new team members who are able to share the same level of energy and passion we have for our company. Training and continuing education is encouraged to allow our employees to grow and develop their skills, so we do our best to help support these efforts in any way we can. We’re happy that you’ve found your fit with us, and we look forward to more exciting times ahead!

"Awesome Work Place"

Former Employee - Commercial Energy Consultant

I worked at DNE Resources full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Office Environment, they make it extremely easy to be new. I always felt welcomed and valued. They provided me with everything I needed to succeed, one on one coaching, advice in real time. Both CEO's offered me great advice, my director was extremely helpful, as was my manager. My fellow consultants were just as helpful. Everyone seemed to understand that a rising tide lifts all ships. Great Benefits (Insurance, Vacation, a chance to qualify for an all inclusive trip provided you hit a certain target). They have quarterly meetings where employees can voice how they believe the office/company could be doing better. These suggestions actually get implemented, so you really do feel heard. You start on salary, really provided a sense of stability especially when sales were slow. Ping pong and Pool Tables , along with great facilities (cafeteria Gym) when the world isn't on fire. They give back to the community, they have a great Christmas food drive going, They also donated and installed LED lighting at the SPCA.

Cons

Ultimately sales was not a great fit for me, but it was not for a lack of effort on my part or DNE's part. Cold calling never felt extremely comfortable for me. That said they did help me get a job with another company, where I still work to this day. Thank You DNE !

November 3, 2020Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post, we truly appreciate your great feedback! All the best in your future endeavours!

4. "Ideal for people who have a learning attitude and hunger for growth"

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Montreal, QC

I have been working at DNE Resources full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Employees are from diverse backgrounds and ethnicity 2. Hungry yet humble culture set-up 3. A lot of training and coaching for sales team + leadership development training for managers 4 Mental Fitness program 5. CEO is approachable 6. Energy on the sales floor. Expanding operations to Texas, which means a lot of room for growth oriented professionals

Cons

1. IT application integration across all teams isnt at 100%. 2. Since the organization is in growth phase, it has some of its pain. The good thing is that the leadership is aware of it and tries to mitigate as far as possible.

February 19, 2021Marketing Manager

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to write a really great review! We really appreciate your honesty and feedback and are glad that all these positive aspects of our company stood out to you. Our employees' well-being is of high importance to us, which is why we make sure that they are reaching their full potential while maintaining and even improving their mental health through our Mental Fitness Program! We have also recently announced that we are officially a StigmaZero Certified Workplace! This means that we offer various tools and training to better respond to mental illnesses and eliminate the stigma around it. The energy on the sales floor is definitely a very motivating experience. We're really proud of our sales team who goes above and beyond to help and encourage their co-workers. We completely agree that DNE is in a super growth mode, which has given us the opportunity to hire extremely valuable employees such as yourself! Thank you for all that you do. Have a great day!

5. "Exciting Business with an exciting team!"

Current Employee - EVP, Operations in Montreal, QC

I have been working at DNE Resources full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Satisfying work Great compensation Pleasant co-workers and management Friendly family atmosphere Agile environment that adapts quickly to its growing requirements Unparalleled company incentives such as free access to a Gym, paid team vacations for top performers, health insurance program...

Cons

None. This is a great working environment for everyone.

Continue reading

March 17, 2021Marketing Manager

Hi there! Thanks for your loyalty and service! We have a great team of people, and we're proud of how welcoming and inviting everyone is when we gain new team members. One of our core values is "Work Hard, Play Hard", and you get a great sense of that as you walk into the office. Employee well-being is our top priority, so it's important for us to provide access to the tools and resources necessary to maintain a happy and healthy lifestyle. We appreciate all of your hard work, and we look forward to your continued success with the company!

6. "Great Culture and Work Environment"

Current Employee - Junior Energy Consultant in Kirkland, QC

I have been working at DNE Resources full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Straightforward and fair opportunities for growth. - High earning potential/lucrative industry (with a bit of patience). - They're big believers in continuous/constant learning which is great for those looking for professional development. - Friendly team environment and good people. - The leaders at DNE have open-door policies and have made efforts to get to know me, and they're good for offering their support professionally and on at least one occasion so far even personally, which was something I really appreciated. (was offered to be lent a minivan when my car was in the shop).

Cons

It's a sales job and it involves a lot of cold-calling, especially at first so it isn't for everyone. You have to work hard and be persistent if you want to find success, and it can take a bit of patience to find your groove in what can be a competitive industry. All-in-all though it's a positive workplace, and you're selling a good product for a reputable firm which goes a long way.

December 7, 2020Marketing Manager

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review! Continuous growth and learning is very important to us. Our educational support policy aims to assist employees in improving skills/knowledge that can help them feel more confident and enable them to contribute more through their work, as well as seek advancement at DNE should they so choose. The goal of our open-door policy is to always encourage employees to share their thoughts, ideas, and even their concerns with management. We're very happy to hear that you felt supported, both professionally and personally. We definitely agree that you have to work hard and be persistent in order to succeed. Our third core value, work hard play hard, really cements this idea. It's important to be able to find the right balance. Thank you again for your review and all your hard work. Keep it up!

7. "So far so good."

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Montreal, QC

I have been working at DNE Resources full-time for less than a year

Pros

Highly driven and motivated management staff. Very supportive and want to see you succeed.

Cons

They don't provide much sales training.

March 17, 2021Marketing Manager

Hello! Thanks for your review. Our management staff takes pride in making it a priority to uplift and motivate their teams. They receive continuous training on how to further develop their employees, so we appreciate your feedback. We're constantly looking for ways to improve our processes, and we value transparent communication, so please feel free to discuss any training opportunities you would like to explore with your manager!

8. "Great opportunities and support from management"

Current Employee - Performance Marketing Associate in Montreal, QC

I have been working at DNE Resources full-time for more than a year

Pros

DNE Resources is growing at a fast pace and I'm very excited to be part of this journey. The management really cares about their employees and always want to see them succeed which is why they will always find ways to support them with their career goals. Ideas, recommendations, and feedback are always welcomed and considered, making it a very honest work environment. Overall, if you're looking for a fast-paced, exciting work environment with lots of opportunities, this place is for you!

Cons

Since DNE Resources is in growth mode, there are a couple of growing pains. However, the hard work that you put in is definitely fruitful and you will always feel fulfilled working at DNE Resources.

November 11, 2020Marketing Manager

Hello there - thank you for taking the time to leave a review! With our open-door policy, we always encourage employees to share their thoughts, ideas, and even their concerns with management. Our goal is to fully support our employees in their career goals to have them reach their full potential. We completely agree that DNE is growing quickly, which is why we're so glad to have you on the team. Thank you for all that you do, and keep up the amazing work!

9. "A company living by its Core Values!"

Current Employee - Sales Leader in Kirkland, QC

I have been working at DNE Resources full-time

Pros

Big team spirit! Fun and supportive work environment. Strong company culture!

Cons

Software improvement and processes to be followed by all

February 1, 2021Marketing Manager

Hi there, and thank you for your great review! We’re glad that our company culture is something that really resonated with you! We’re very fortunate to have a team that lives by our core values at work and in their personal life! Thank you for your continued hard work and your feedback!

10. "Stressed beyond my limit"

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at DNE Resources full-time for less than a year

Pros

There was some scope ofd career growth

Cons

The key reason for my dissatisfaction was the high amount of stress I had to endure here daily. The job involved getting things done while dealing with growing pains. I didn't like the pressure that was always on

Continue reading

March 15, 2021Marketing Manager

Hey there, thank you for taking the time to leave honest feedback. DNE Resources is currently in super growth mode which is an extremely exciting time for the employees as they are seeing the fruit of all their hard work and efforts! We're also seeing our team grow quickly through career advancement and amazing new hires. We understand that sometimes this growth can come with growing pains such as busy periods, which is why we really emphasize and encourage employees to take care of their mental health and wellbeing. Whether it is taking advantage of your six personal days off or even talking to your direct supervisor about your workload! We are also certified as a StigmaZero Workplace which means that managers and all the leadership team are trained to spot any signs of low mental health and be available to anyone who is comfortable approaching them! We thank you again for your review and wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavours.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 94 Reviews