DNE Resources Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.7
DNE Resources Co-Founder & President Wayne Burke
Wayne Burke

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "DNE rewards hard work and loyalty more than any company" (in 5 reviews)

• "President - One of the best experiences was when the president of DNE, Wayne, knocked doors with me one on one" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Can be tough in harsh weather conditions, due to door to door sale job" (in 3 reviews)

• "None that come to mind - Like any company there is always going to be situations or issues that come up" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Energy Consultant"

Former Employee - Energy Consultant in Montreal, QC
    Former Employee - Energy Consultant in Montreal, QC

I worked at DNE Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Environment! Really good people, they have allot of office events to really bring everyone together as a family! Great support of Charity type of events for good causes.

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say, do your work as your hired to do and the rewards will come

Advice to Management

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! Continue to grow and support your reps

1 Nov, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to post! We would like to sincerely thank you for your glowing review.

DNE prides itself on cultivating a strong family/team environment. As one of our... More

2. "Hard work = Success"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pointe-Claire, QC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pointe-Claire, QC

I have been working at DNE Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working in an environment that encourages you to be your best along with great incentives and great co workers makes it easy to enjoy your job.
    The core values that DNE embrace are "do the right thing" "stay hungry, stay humble" "work hard, play hard" "give back", I think these are staples that everyone should incorporate to their daily lives. My experience with DNE so far has been very positive

Cons

None that come to mind - Like any company there is always going to be situations or issues that come up. Nothing is life is perfect.

15 Oct, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Hi and thank you for taking the time to post!

We truly appreciate your feedback and all of your great work here at DNE. We wish you nothing but continued success.

"Not as good as it seems"

Former Employee - "Energy Consultant" in Edmonton, AB
    Former Employee - "Energy Consultant" in Edmonton, AB

I worked at DNE Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hired me basically on the spot with no background check.

Cons

You have to have no conscience to work here. The company will cut corners to get you to work as much as possible. For example: We stayed in a 2 person room on a business trip and they crammed 6 people in there. Literally 2 strangers to a bed and 2 sleeping on the floor. In the same room together. Breakfast was only for two people, so we took turns who ate breakfast and who did not.

Now lets see... I worked the fall and into the winter and did not have my jacket or hat given to me until it was very cold since it is company policy. I had to wear my own clothes for that time and then when I did get the red jacket and navy blue hat, they were terrible. I had to wear more clothes than I do hunting or ice fishing.

Working here was ok since most of the peopel that stayed were cool but then there were the snakes. I would sign about 6-9 people per day which was pretty good at the time, but then there was this fellow that would go behind me and take my contracts.

Do not work here in the winter since you will be forced to rely on the hospitality of people to warm up, and they do this so you try to hit more houses. You work late into the night until 9pm when the sun sets at 4.

Overall, I quit once I realized this was a pyramid scheme and realized I have a conscience. Thanks to them I hold a Masters degree and working toward a PhD in Law to take companies like this down.

Advice to Management

Fix your company and listen to the criticism.

1 Nov, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Our company conducts a criminal background check for every single person we have ever engaged and are mandated to do so by law in most cases. There is no... More

4. "VP Commercial Energy Markets"

Former Employee - Web Developer in Montreal, QC
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Montreal, QC

I worked at DNE Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great learning and earning opportunity

Cons

Fast growth = backlog of problems that add up

Advice to Management

Know when to push and pull.

14 Aug, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Hello there, thank you for taking the time to post.

We sincerely appreciate your great feedback, as we are always looking for new ways to grow and improve.

All the best in your future... More

"Dishonest, unfair, bad practices"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Calgary, AB

I worked at DNE Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free water and they accept everyone because of industry leading employee turnover.

Cons

They promise everything to entice you, and nothing comes of it. and it pays worse than any other commision job because there's no benefits, no base salary and you have to do everything yourself. Your a contractor with no freedom; they set the hours and you have no more freedom than any other job.

They primarily do phone sales and they promote horribly aggressive tactics. It's like being one of those fake telemarketers, and they encourage forcing people in their 80's and 90's to sign a contract on the spot.

They expect you to do everything yourself with nothing in return and they use outdated marketing material, sometimes 5 years old so you even have market yourself too. There's no incentives or campaigns like other companies--they do everything they can to make it more difficult for you because of their laziness and being so out of touch.

The work is stale, boring repetitive and beyond frustrating. They never listen or learn.

16 Jul, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Hello there, thank you for taking the time to post.

Due to feedback like this about our compensation structure, I am happy to report that the vast majority of our entry level sales roles include... More

6. "Best learning Experience for summer job"

Former Employee - Student in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Student in Calgary, AB

I worked at DNE Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Culture - I worked with a good group of people who motivated each other every day.
    President - One of the best experiences was when the president of DNE, Wayne, knocked doors with me one on one. I watched him work and learned so much for the 1 whole hour he spent with me. Plus, he gave me the commission of his sales. An opportunity like this was great.
    It was a tough job and I was not great at it but, I have used this experience and the things I have learned in every job interview I have had since working here. As a student summer job, I would suggest DNE because it will teach you things you will use all your life.
    You can also move up fast if you are committed

Cons

It can be a tough job and is not for everyone. This could be addressed better day to day by management.
    Odd hours

14 Jun, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Hello there, thank you for the feedback!

I must say that I am personally humbled by the really nice comments you made about me (this is Wayne by the way!).

We certainly agree that the job helps... More

7. "Learn skills for a lifetime in a supportive, fun and go-getter environment."

Former Employee - Commercial Energy Consultant in Montreal, QC
    Former Employee - Commercial Energy Consultant in Montreal, QC

I worked at DNE Resources full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- A deep-rooted culture of continuous learning
    - Mentors at every level of the company, with each truly invested in your development
    - Compensation
    - Family culture where efforts don't go unnoticed and favours are returned

Cons

- Steep learning curve to grasp the industry dynamics and skills necessary to succeed
    - Coming from a 9-5 job that entailed only ~3-4 hours of solid work/day, this was a shock (but the old place didn't have the play room for breaks)
    - They want and expect you to succeed, so repeated and ongoing disappointments regarding fulfillment of your tasks are addressed in a caring manner at first, but eventually are dealt with swiftly once they perceive the motivation and shared values are no longer present in the individual

Advice to Management

- Recognizing that their commitment to a shared code of values can sometimes lead to a suboptimal outcome for them and the company; that is to say, people are different in how they view success and life fulfillment, and mgmt could accept that fully first, clearly layout what they expect second, and not expect the gap between the employee's life-view and mgmt's to change over night (or over years even), then I believe they could go farther in their goal to change the energy industry and develop more talented ambitious individuals along the way.

14 Jun, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post!

We are really happy to read all of the positive and frank feedback.

We are quite interested in the "Advice to Management" section. You make a profound... More

8. "Best Place to work"

I have been working at DNE Resources full-time

Pros

You work with people who actually care about you and will not treat you as someone who brings in sales for them. You put in 100% they will give 110% back. Immense growth opportunities.

Cons

No cons to bring up yet.

Advice to Management

Don't be so lenient

Hello there, thanks for the feedback!

We are really encouraged by your feedback and glad to hear you are enjoying your time with us!

The Advice to Management is also being taken into... More

9. "The best work environment in an exciting company culture"

Current Employee - Commercial Energy Consultant in Montreal, QC
    Current Employee - Commercial Energy Consultant in Montreal, QC

I have been working at DNE Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working here for almost two years and have been through many changes in my personal and professional life. I started as a person with no experience in the energy industry and have now been recently promoted to a managing commercial energy consultant after lots of hard work. They consider everyone family here and help you along as you learn the industry inside out and grow as a professional.

Cons

Some people aren't natural at working with the public and that's the only time I have seen some struggle through the process. Personality is one of the most important aspects of working here.

Advice to Management

Originally when I started it was hard to excel however they have taken many steps in the past 6 months to make it much more easy to come into this business with no experience and grow quickly in the company.

Hello there, thanks for the feedback!

Pretty sure I know who this is and I hope you know how great we think you are as well!

Your advice to applicants in the "Cons" section and "Advice to... More

10. "WONDERFUL WORK ENVIRONMENT GREAT OPPORTUNITY"

Current Employee - Commercial Energy Consultant in Calgary, AB
    Current Employee - Commercial Energy Consultant in Calgary, AB

I have been working at DNE Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunity for you to grow and develop yourself in the energy industry.

Cons

If you can't cut it, some people are quite negative about it. Gotta stay positive with what you do in life.

Advice to Management

KEEP IT UP!

Hello there, thanks for the feedback!

We are encouraged to hear that you are enjoying your time with us. We also totally agree with you that life's hurdles are so much easier with a positive... More